Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worked on as in there were guys doing stuff to it (i.e. painter tape, paint buckets) and then removed everything they had. Sign was 3 dimensional. Could very well be left over promotional (from somewhere, not necessarily from the parks) that's being repurposed. I'm just reporting what I see, no one seems to bat an eye about markers but when a giant sign saying Jurassic World appears....

Worked on as in there were guys doing stuff to it (i.e. painter tape, paint buckets) and then removed everything they had. Sign was 3 dimensional. Could very well be left over promotional (from somewhere, not necessarily from the parks) that's being repurposed. I'm just reporting what I see, no one seems to bat an eye about markers but when a giant sign saying Jurassic World appears....

I believe you, just find it weird they are working on it inside the park.

So what, Universal is already preparing the construction walls to be properly dressed to match what's coming?

I'm not going do doubt the sign, but I am curious if @RollermanDan can answer, where was it exactly? Was it in the park itself, near area that while is inaccessible now? Or was that backstage, and could've been visible slightly from park view?

Is that logo on plywood?

I can't honestly say 100% that it was, but it looked like it was heavy with 2 guys lifting it.

So what, Universal is already preparing the construction walls to be properly dressed to match what's coming?

I'm not going do doubt the sign, but I am curious if @RollermanDan can answer, where was it exactly? Was it in the park itself, near area that while is inaccessible now? Or was that backstage, and could've been visible slightly from park view?

It was directly to the left of the T-Rex / Jeep, looking towards the entry to one of the triceratops encounter, from the guest pathway. No roaming through the bushes for me thank you lol.

Pretty crazy to think that nobody really outside of this forum or website have any idea that Universal is about to build a roller coaster right in the middle of Jurassic Park/World at IOA. This is why I love coming to this site everyday, as you never know what you will find out.
Funny thing about it is, people outside of this forum and maybe Central Florida or die hard Annual pass Holders have no idea about Potter Coaster still or the new hotels.

Hey guys, very long time lurker on here but this is my first post.

I did a semester at FSU last year and made a few friends who work seasonally at USF. I've asked a couple of them about this and they've said that they've heard spring 2021 as the projected opening but, of course, could be people making stuff up or a case of the telephone game. Just thought I'd throw this in though.

Glad to actually be joining in here!

ps: any chance of a shrieking shack to house the raptors?

Hey guys, very long time lurker on here but this is my first post.

I did a semester at FSU last year and made a few friends who work seasonally at USF. I've asked a couple of them about this and they've said that they've heard spring 2021 as the projected opening but, of course, could be people making stuff up or a case of the telephone game. Just thought I'd throw this in though.

Glad to actually be joining in here!

ps: any chance of a shrieking shack to house the raptors?
Thanks, and welcome to your first post! :toast:

PS. GRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrr!!!! NO SHRIEKING SHACK! :horror:

That sign looks brand new, just with tape or some peel off protective film over the letters. I gather many of the folks working on the potter coaster will move to this and prep work is just starting again. I guess the delays mean they are still needed on the other coaster for the moment.

Worked on, or thrown away? Looks like old cardboard with peeling paper to me.

Not that I don’t think the land is becoming JW eventually, I just think this is a random leftover promotional material from years ago taking up space backstage being cleared out.

Looking forward to your update though.

Although the area becoming JW definitely seems a given, I really hope they don't. JP is iconic and timeless. JW will fade into a distant memory. Decent movies, but they're no original JP that won over the hearts of millions.

Walls were supposed to go up already, but were pushed back (not a long delay). Same with the Bypass Bridge closure.

Details details details!!! :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.