Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

Can lightning strike thrice? Will Potter be able to hold its own against Star wars? Find out on the next episode of Dragonb-... Orlando themepark wars!
It's just an attraction, not an entire new immersive land, so it really isn't fair to compare it to GESWL. But, that said, it should spur a decent increase in attendance. Potter is still the Gold Standard.

Yeah, I'd doubt that Potter would be able to go up to GE..But that said, do they need too?

Their goal, should be very much to regain their reputation with this attraction; especially considering everything being made to have it come to life.

...I somewhat, doubt, Josh for some reason. I don't think that either one is "shelved" (as he somewhat makes it to a point in the article that it's not exactly canceled), but that Universal is playing their cards close to the chest.

If they make their play, we'll know when the crap hits the fan (looking at Jurassic Park on this right now in particular). And considering things stirring up, I doubt this means there is tension between the two parties. In-fact, quite the contrary.

If you’d like another possible indicator as to why these projects were cancelled? Look no further than Fast & Furious Supercharged. One of the biggest franchises of all time and what would seem like a perfect addition to Universal Orlando is indeed a flop. In the theme park business, if you’re investing years in designing and construction and millions of dollars, you’d better get it right.

:enrage:>:O:enrage:>:O:enrage:

This is so infuriating... Everyone knew this would be a flop because it already exists and is a flop... Taking the ride from Cali NEVER seemed like a perfect addition ... and years were not spent designing it since it was practically a clone. If anything this should inspire them to create amazing attractions and lands and not take the easy way out.

It probably went back to being all Nintendo in one park. I also doubt that Comcast got scared because of F&F.

I was really just going off the articles, but thinking about it news did get slow there for a second, and Zelda and Pokemon have seemed all but silenced from the conversation for the most part, but I haven't followed this way too hard. I think someone ( a few people) other than him have even dropped hints on these here forums...

I can also see there being some other factors that played into the decision besides just getting cold feet over F&F:

- Additional debt taken on for the Sky acquisition making Comcast reevaluate (and perhaps decrease) their capital expenditures for the next few years
- Site B being a more intensive and/or expensive project than initially expected, causing more resources to be dedicated towards it.

Looking at everything could be involved I can see why they may have wanted to put them off until after FW opens.

RIP...

Sorry for your loss Orlando fans. But then again, as USH is my home park, it's hard to feel bad for you guys considering you're getting a BRAND NEW PARK in a few years. We ain't getting squat, only got 1 park.

...I somewhat, doubt, Josh for some reason. I don't think that either one is "shelved" (as he somewhat makes it to a point in the article that it's not exactly canceled), but that Universal is playing their cards close to the chest.

There are 5 stages of grief...Welcome to the 1st stage.

Or, maybe, TPU has no idea what they’re talking about. From their insistence it was Pokémon despite most going “eh maybe?” to taking a risk on the info. Now they’re playing the “it’s cancelled” card just like others did about Star Trek replacing KidZone.

How can one cancel something that they might have never knew anything about?

Lol at blaming F&F.

Come on. More likely these things were never as set as he wanted you to believe, and he’s coming up for a convenient excuse in why he was wrong.

Edit:
Also, saying “Zelda isn’t in the plan for the next 4 years”...has always been true? Hell even he said that LC wouldn’t be changed any time soon.

Either 1) He and others (including me) were wrong about Pokemon coming to KidZone 2) he’s wrong now or 3) Universal is brain dead and doesn’t know why F&F is unpopular.

I give Uni management a lot of flack, but even I think situation 3 is ridiculous. Uni knows exactly why Supercharged is a flop, and it’s not because of the franchise it’s themed after.

If KidZone isn’t becoming Pokemon, the most likely explanation is that plan was never given the go ahead some of us thought it was, and Uni probably hasn’t secured the overall rights to the property yet.

Last edited:
If Pokemon and Zelda aren’t coming to USF and IOA where does this leave Mario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Luigi???? They didn’t say anything about not bringing Mario over to Kidzone and of course not over at the third gate. I mean I know people think Kidzone isn’t becoming Nintendo land but we haven’t heard anything official from Universal yet.

If Pokemon and Zelda aren’t coming to USF and IOA where does this leave Mario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Luigi???? They didn’t say anything about not bringing Mario over to Kidzone and of course not over at the third gate. I mean I know people think Kidzone isn’t becoming Nintendo land but we haven’t heard anything official from Universal yet.
Mario is certainly going into the new park. Leaked documents are pretty clear about that. If it was going into KidZone it woulda started construction last year like the permits said.

Unlike the original Mario SNW rumors going into KidZone, we never saw any permits for Pokemon going into KidZone, so I don't think the trigger was ever pulled to get it going, or at least not as much as that original SNW plan.

Sounds to me like they were thinking about Pokemon and Zelda, maybe even drew up some preliminary concept plans to see how it could work for Pokemon, but never fully decided to actually do it.

Another year, another canceled concept for KidZone. The area will outlive us all.