Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walls as in all around TE?
Yes, but I don't think those walls will go up until...

A: Games are moved
B: Hot Dog stand and Vacation Planning booth removed
C: Walls are down around River Adventure entrance (Jan 25)

That road must be wide enough for a fire truck to drive through, and the walls around Triceratops Encounter will be pretty far out.

Give it a couple more weeks at least.

Hey guys, very long time lurker on here but this is my first post.

I did a semester at FSU last year and made a few friends who work seasonally at USF. I've asked a couple of them about this and they've said that they've heard spring 2021 as the projected opening but, of course, could be people making stuff up or a case of the telephone game. Just thought I'd throw this in though.

Glad to actually be joining in here!

ps: any chance of a shrieking shack to house the raptors?
Welcome to posting. :thumbsup::toast:

Talking about elements I want to see: a massive outward banked turn.
images

Hey guys, very long time lurker on here but this is my first post.

I did a semester at FSU last year and made a few friends who work seasonally at USF. I've asked a couple of them about this and they've said that they've heard spring 2021 as the projected opening but, of course, could be people making stuff up or a case of the telephone game. Just thought I'd throw this in though.

Glad to actually be joining in here!

ps: any chance of a shrieking shack to house the raptors?
Welcome to posting, you just kinda threw your bona fides as a long time lurker out there didn't you?
Hope to see more of it.;)

I checked with my friend who has connections with Mack to verify the information I was given before and he once again verified that Mack was tapped for three projects for UOR. I'm guessing that is/was for Zelda and Pokemon, and (he still is saying) JP. The really interesting bit was he told me they said JP was getting a powered invert similar to Arthur: https://rcdb.com/11114.htm

I'm wondering if this was some sort of confusion/lost in translation thing where the powered invert was for one of the other projects, but I'm not sure. He seemed pretty definite that the guys from Mack were pretty definitive this was the coaster planned for JP at UOR.

I checked with my friend who has connections with Mack to verify the information I was given before and he once again verified that Mack was tapped for three projects for UOR. I'm guessing that is/was for Zelda and Pokemon, and (he still is saying) JP. The really interesting bit was he told me they said JP was getting a powered invert similar to Arthur: https://rcdb.com/11114.htm

I'm wondering if this was some sort of confusion/lost in translation thing where the powered invert was for one of the other projects, but I'm not sure. He seemed pretty definite that the guys from Mack were pretty definitive this was the coaster planned for JP at UOR.

I mean I would like that much more than the other rumor.

If that's true, all the info I've seen from permits is wrong or outdated. No way a Mack powered could make the maneuvers/launches I've seen.

Perhaps, what @GAcoaster is referring too, correlates with other projects globally (such as Hollywood and Beijing)? That would make sense, especially Beijing.
I asked specifically about that, and he had asked his friends at Mack about that as well, and they confirmed three projects just for UOR specifically (they said they'd be spending a lot of time in Orlando in the next couple of years), and they were emphatic about the JP coaster being a powered suspended. Once again, I think that something may have been lost in translation or there was some other confusion. I think the powered suspended coaster would have been for Zelda or Pokemon which are/were supposedly ready to start construction and equipment had been bid out to manufacturers.

Honestly, I could see it being a "lost in translation, but is for UOR" in the sense that it may not even be the northern property.

Perhaps this early on, Mack-Rides and Universal may be in some form of stage for Fantastic Worlds; that has to place them on a deal of some-sort.

My guess, is that, and that Intamin's deal consists of Hagrid and Raptor, with anything else additional needing to be negotiated in contract for the future. And Mack-Rides, has a deal of three attractions, with the Invert-POW being a locked ride system for Fantastic Worlds in some form.

Think, almost similar to what the apparent deal was for SWE and B&M when it came to Mako.

I asked specifically about that, and he had asked his friends at Mack about that as well, and they confirmed three projects just for UOR specifically (they said they'd be spending a lot of time in Orlando in the next couple of years), and they were emphatic about the JP coaster being a powered suspended. Once again, I think that something may have been lost in translation or there was some other confusion. I think the powered suspended coaster would have been for Zelda or Pokemon which are/were supposedly ready to start construction and equipment had been bid out to manufacturers.
Mack Powered suspended would be a perfect replacement for Pteranodon Flyers. Same layout, but now more capacity and adults can ride. Also, heard a rumor P-Flyers may close after the new coaster starts construction. No clue how true that is, but it is something I heard recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.