Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Ghostbusters, is seemingly back to being alive; as Jason Reitman will be helming a brand new Ghostbusters film; set in the original universe.

Exclusive: New Ghostbusters movie in the works with Jason Reitman directing | EW.com

Reitman, will direct & co-write the film; with his father: Ivan Reitman (the original director of the first two) to help produce, as the film is slated for Summer 2020.

The film, will be set in the original universe; and will be a direct sequel to Ghostbusters II.

Anyone else read this and hear the hallelujah chorus from handel's messiah in the background?

Perhaps we should blast those speakers to be louder for those in the back?

I love a lot of what Jason Reitman has been able to do; and Juno was one of my favorite films of the 00's. I am all for this "Passing Torch" film, especially if this takes on a direction similar to Jumanji (and MiB as it's seeming).

The Hollywood Reporter is, um, reporting that the leads are four teenagers.

I think there are a lot of ways that could go very wrong, because so much of the appeal of the original two movies is in the "blue collar scientists" idea, but I guess we'll have to see where they're gonna take this.

VERY happy to hear this. A "passing of the torch" reboot is the best way to go about this. It worked for Extreme Ghostbusters.

Also am I the only one who kinda likes GB2? Yeah, it's not perfect, it's not as good as the original, but it gets way more hate than it really deserves.

This more than makes up for the remake nobody wanted. Now we can really forget that ever happened.

Really hoping this does well so Uni can make a full-on ride out of this. Huge pipe-dream here.

Also am I the only one who kinda likes GB2? Yeah, it's not perfect, it's not as good as the original, but it gets way more hate than it really deserves.

I think GHOSTBUSTERS 2 is a lot of fun. No, it's nowhere close to as good as the first, and yes, it has a major problem in that, structurally, the story retreads the first in an almost beat-for-beat way, but I find most of it very, very funny. Peter MacNicol as Janosz is a pure delight throughout.

I think there's little debate at this point the #1 reason for Ghostbusters I's success was the on-set improv ability of Bill Murray (with an assist from Harold Ramis). And Ghostbusters II was one of the first--if not the first--to use the "sequel that's really a soft remake"approach that never really works.

But yeah, still excited. Hope springs eternal. Wish UOR would pay attention to how evergreen this IP has proven to be--imagine a dark ride where Shrek is.

VERY happy to hear this. A "passing of the torch" reboot is the best way to go about this. It worked for Extreme Ghostbusters.

This more than makes up for the remake nobody wanted. Now we can really forget that ever happened.

Really hoping this does well so Uni can make a full-on ride out of this. Huge pipe-dream here.

I always enjoyed it. Esp when the "on our own" song comes on. Still watch it and listen to the theme song to this day!