Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

Not that it means anything but Kong:Skull Island made more money at the box office then it did over Peter Jackson’s film King Kong from 05’. Not that it was the better Kong movie. I thought Jackson’s film was better honestly. But I think another movie theme park could support this new Kong & Godzilla world at like Warner Bros Movieworld in Australia feel free to disagree.

Kong is in RPO; because he is a symbol of pop culture entertainment.

Also, as said..It's a Spielberg film based off of an Ernie Cline book that has as much fan service (more than, probably) than Who Framed Rodger Rabbit.

That said..

Not that it means anything but Kong:Skull Island made more money at the box office then it did over Peter Jackson’s film King Kong from 05’. Not that it was the better Kong movie. I thought Jackson’s film was better honestly. But I think another movie theme park could support this new Kong & Godzilla world at like Warner Bros Movieworld in Australia feel free to disagree.

..to ask, why does this have to be brought up, when we can talk about Reign of Kong itself? Or is it just the fact that you can't go on it causing this feeling to harp on the Legendary/Warner films more than what Universal tried to do.

Kong is in RPO; because he is a symbol of pop culture entertainment.

Also, as said..It's a Spielberg film based off of an Ernie Cline book that has as much fan service (more than, probably) than Who Framed Rodger Rabbit.

That said..

..to ask, why does this have to be brought up, when we can talk about Reign of Kong itself? Or is it just the fact that you can't go on it causing this feeling to harp on the Legendary/Warner films more than what Universal tried to do.
Well your right I shouldn’t harp on it but I think the ride could’ve been longer. It doesn’t feel like a long ride with the screens in the attraction. If this ride would need refurbishment I would like to see an expansion of the ride.

That's because everyone knew Peter Jackson's version would be long and drawn out, with a ton of padding that could have been cut

What is this new ad? :lol:

a1tgs5.png

What is this new ad? :lol:

a1tgs5.png

If I woke up to that, I'd either turn around and go back to sleep, or wet myself. It's a coin toss.

I’ll say this. This ride is one of my favorite complete experiences in Orlando parks. The queue is amazing and just builds to a pretty good ride.

My only issue with the queue is how dark it is. In the event that you get a walk on (or a short line that starts at the goggles), walking through the witch's room is just about impossible. It does a great job of setting up the mood...and causing me to walk into ropes.

I saw the new ad playing in rotation on The CW's streaming service. There are a few variants... one features a child waking up on a bed floating down a Jurassic Park river, with a raptor emerging from the trees. Another sequence features that King Kong moment, with a giant fist crushing a ringing alarm clock. It always ends with a kid waking up in Hogsmeade, with the Hogwarts Express conductor tipping his hat - they then cut to the child *actually* waking up in a Cabana Bay tower room with a Volcano Bay view.

It's frankly a really great ad! I was impressed. Lot of fun.

I’ll stop judging Kong ok I haven’t rode it so I’ll give it a chance. I’m thinking see the you tube video is what the ride actually looks like when I see it in person. I know Kong is not coming back to Universal at all. His home will be at IOA for a very long time.

3304069E-2FE8-43EC-AFE9-4E56E6278D60.jpeg I think this would be cool even though I know it won’t happen.....Just think of all the possibilities these monsters could have brought to life at the fourth gate. No rights from WB and Legendary keeps this from even coming true. But I think plenty of guests honestly would have a great interest in this.

I am not trying to sound like a broken record with Kong but this could have so much potential in the fourth gate with a a giant monsters land with Godzilla. Just think if Universal, WB, and Legendary had a theme park deal. Theirs even more monsters that never made it to the new Kong Skull Island movie from 2017. The monsters just look cool. We can dream all we want but I know it won’t happen. Universal creative could really come up with something special here.

6E17A560-AFD2-40D1-B569-2B765896297F.jpeg

I am not trying to sound like a broken record with Kong but this could have so much potential in the fourth gate with a a giant monsters land with Godzilla. Just think if Universal, WB, and Legendary had a theme park deal. Theirs even more monsters that never made it to the new Kong Skull Island movie from 2017. The monsters just look cool. We can dream all we want but I know it won’t happen. Universal creative could really come up with something special here.

View attachment 8806
I think it has been mentioned here....Although cool, Reign of Kong was already open by the time this movie made it out...So, other than ripping it out, I don't see the Kong ride being updated

Also, who's to say some of the Godzilla vs Kong monsters wont be a part of Fantastic Worlds

I think it has been mentioned here....Although cool, Reign of Kong was already open by the time this movie made it out...So, other than ripping it out, I don't see the Kong ride being updated

Also, who's to say some of the Godzilla vs Kong monsters wont be a part of Fantastic Worlds
I don’t know people are saying it’s higkly unlikely because these MonsterVerse films are owned by WB and Legendary so their for universal cannot do anything with these franchise films. But I remember Kong:Skull Island 2017 did go to universal but moved over to WB at the last minute. Just saying if the films become successful let me say this is Disney or Universal more likely to do something with the Monsterverse serious question. If WB and Legendary allow it. A new deal will have to be put in place. I though Legendary owns just a little bit of Kong though not much.

I don’t know people are saying it’s higkly unlikely because these MonsterVerse films are owned by WB and Legendary so their for universal cannot do anything with these franchise films. But I remember Kong:Skull Island 2017 did go to universal but moved over to WB at the last minute. Just saying if the films become successful let me say this is Disney or Universal more likely to do something with the Monsterverse serious question. If WB and Legendary allow it. A new deal will have to be put in place. I though Legendary owns just a little bit of Kong though not much.
I love you

There is a 0% chance we see any new Kong attractions in orlando. Zilch.
Ok their we go we can confirm it. But we can still dream of it happening like years and years from now. Who knows something could be on the table of bringing him back after reign of Kong closes but it would be a longggggggg time. I just with King Of the Monsters and Kong v Godzilla and if they continue after those movies their could be so many monsters that can be brought to life with work done by universal creative. You don’t think Uni can pull off a good Godzilla AA or a Mothra AA?