Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Sapphire Falls Resort

Perhaps it is just the sunlight, but the darker blue text causes it to look like an old western saloon font the way that the shadow blends together. Not the best show. I do like the swooshy mosaic curves though.

The beige doesn't make sense either. There are no beige walls at Sapphire Falls. The sign should be white.

Might have been covered before and I've missed it but once Endless summer and Aventura are up and running what's the thoughts on Sapphire Falls becoming a fully fledged Preferred resort in line with RP with UE passes included?

Obviously the rates would need to change to reflect this but SF has always struck me as a bridge between Prime Value and Preferred anyway with the water taxi so wouldn't be much of a change needed once there are more Prime Value up and running

There's some contractual items, I believe I've read before, that limit the Hotel Express passes to Portofino, RP & Hardrock...Plus, if they start expanding hotel express to other hotels, it really wouldn't be very effective as an Express line anymore...And you know they're not going to give up the revenue stream of selling Express passes in the parks.

There's some contractual items, I believe I've read before, that limit the Hotel Express passes to Portofino, RP & Hardrock...Plus, if they start expanding hotel express to other hotels, it really wouldn't be very effective as an Express line anymore...And you know they're not going to give up the revenue stream of selling Express passes in the parks.

Agreed. If too many people have "complimentary" Express, then it starts to become an issue. Sort of how "if everybody has the special thing, nobody has the special thing."

Agreed. If too many people have "complimentary" Express, then it starts to become an issue. Sort of how "if everybody has the special thing, nobody has the special thing."
yeah, then it becomes like fastpass where 80% plus of the people let through the line are fastpass people. Universal has a pretty good balance. Express is a true express. Stand by lines aren't bad. And there's so many single rider lines that it's a nice alternative if you need to cut your time in line a lot.

wtf. Royal Pacific is $179. Aventura and Cabana both being $144. Sf being $262.
There is a room available? Convention that night, thought it was sold out.
They must have released a block, when I checked there were no rooms at SF or Adventura. Screwed with my HHN planning enough I took a week off my stay. Well their loss.

Does anyone know the terms for holds/deposits at check in for the on-site hotels? I.e. how much is charged, and if debit cards and cash are accepted or only credit? Just booked a week at Sapphire Falls before Christmas (very excited!) but can't find any guest services email details.

Does anyone know the terms for holds/deposits at check in for the on-site hotels? I.e. how much is charged, and if debit cards and cash are accepted or only credit? Just booked a week at Sapphire Falls before Christmas (very excited!) but can't find any guest services email details.
You can ask that no hold be placed on your card. It is not mandatory but you cannot charge to the room if you go that route. Fine by me, I see no difference between pulling out a room card or a credit card. Just tell them at check in.

They like the charge to room as it aggregates the swipe fees but is not required.

You can ask that no hold be placed on your card. It is not mandatory but you cannot charge to the room if you go that route. Fine by me, I see no difference between pulling out a room card or a credit card. Just tell them at check in.

They like the charge to room as it aggregates the swipe fees but is not required.
That's very useful to know, thank you!

At Sapphire Falls, do they offer a refillable mug that can be used at Freestyle machines?

I'm not even sure, but I vaguely remember there being some Freestyles by the pool, but can't remember. If so, are there other Freestyle machines around the resort?

At Sapphire Falls, do they offer a refillable mug that can be used at Freestyle machines?

I'm not even sure, but I vaguely remember there being some Freestyles by the pool, but can't remember. If so, are there other Freestyle machines around the resort?
I remember 2 by the pool and 1 in new Dutch trading company in the lobby.

The Freestyles at the hotels are only good for your hotel. The park cups work in any parks

I remember 2 by the pool and 1 in new Dutch trading company in the lobby.

The Freestyles at the hotels are only good for your hotel. The park cups work in any parks

Ok great. Not sure how we missed this on our first stay (the refillable mugs) - but we definitely used them a lot at Aventura last October. Helped stay hydrated with Powerade, Dasani sparkling, etc. - and it's a great value. We hate carrying cups around at the parks - but this makes a lot of sense when you're staying a week at a resort.

Whoa!! Just last week SF was almost $80 less for the week of Oct 5th - 9th. Is this because of what you guys are talking about? Microsoft.

Last edited: