Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's Aladdin

lnlGtoyV.jpg:large

DzFx9HHU8AAZ8zv.jpg

THIS, ain't it; chief.

What if this is all a twisted way to get people thinking about Avatar again... I kid, but that’s pretty much everyone’s go to on Twitter right now in reaction :lol:

Robin Williams was one of a kind. No one can come close to copying his style. Best to go in a different direction and be unique to the actor playing the role. Play to his strengths and style.

Will Smith’s Genie may be off putting, but I have the strangest feeling that I’ll really like his take on “Friend Like Me” regardless. I’m not really feeling anything for the rest of the cast though and am expecting Will to completely steal the show.

Will Smith Genie is 2019’s version of The Scorpion King Rock. It looks truly awful.

It’s really unfortunate that Disney is going after their classics to reboot instead of some of its less successful franchises. I feel that there are three movies in particular that would translate extremely well to live action, with them being The Black Cauldron, Atlantis: The Lost Empire, and Treasure Planet. Why I think this is because: (1) They’re not Disney’s tentpole animated films, so they would allow for more creative freedom. (2) They have the potential to be blockbuster franchises, and while Disney is covered with Marvel and Star Wars, it couldn’t hurt to add more (given that they’re good). (3) The potential for theme park attractions is incredible. Imagine an Atlantis ride utilizing the Shanghai Pirates system, it could easily be one of the best attractions on the planet.

Sorry for steering the thread off-topic, I just needed to rant/ramble.