Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion News (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does go both ways, the full spectrum with us being to one extreme. But I agree it is worse with Universal, hopefully IoA does get more recognition with the expansion to the south property. It's not all Universal's fault though. Tourists are just dumb, not to be insulting it's just they don't really care about this stuff. I mean some that have been to all of the parks still think Universal is part of Disney. And there's some that walk from the Universal parking garages until they come upon a themepark and assume that must be Universal Studios when it's really IoA.

It does go both ways, the full spectrum with us being to one extreme. But I agree it is worse with Universal, hopefully IoA does get more recognition with the expansion to the south property. It's not all Universal's fault though. Tourists are just dumb, not to be insulting it's just they don't really care about this stuff. I mean some that have been to all of the parks still think Universal is part of Disney. And there's some that walk from the Universal parking garages until they come upon a themepark and assume that must be Universal Studios when it's really IoA.

No joke, I read a TripAdvisor review for IoA recently where the reviewer was irritated with Universal because they didn't realize until they had already walked through the gate that they hadn't gone to Universal Studios like they had planned. I don't know how people make this kind of mistake.

Edit: Here we go, found it: Spectacular with a few slight issues - Review of Universal's Islands of Adventure, Orlando, FL - TripAdvisor

"Of course, be prepared for a ton of walking. Also, make sure you know exactly where your car is. We knew the area as they are designated characters but it’s still huge and easy to get turned around. When you get there, make sure you go in the right park. The signs are not very big. We got one park, one day. Ended up in Islands of Adventure. Which ended up being fine, but we initially wanted Universal Studios. You would think out of courtesy they would ask to make sure you were at your 1st choice park. I am sure we are not the first and only ones who have made this mistake. The 3D rides are out of this world. I’ve never experienced anything like it. If you go on the Harry Potter ride, the locker area is ridiculously enraging too many people in to little of an area. Overall, it was a memorable day and beautiful weather!"

Last edited:
No joke, I read a TripAdvisor review for IoA recently where the reviewer was irritated with Universal because they didn't realize until they had already walked through the gate that they hadn't gone to Universal Studios like they had planned. I don't know how people make this kind of mistake.

Edit: Here we go, found it: Spectacular with a few slight issues - Review of Universal's Islands of Adventure, Orlando, FL - TripAdvisor

"Of course, be prepared for a ton of walking. Also, make sure you know exactly where your car is. We knew the area as they are designated characters but it’s still huge and easy to get turned around. When you get there, make sure you go in the right park. The signs are not very big. We got one park, one day. Ended up in Islands of Adventure. Which ended up being fine, but we initially wanted Universal Studios. You would think out of courtesy they would ask to make sure you were at your 1st choice park. I am sure we are not the first and only ones who have made this mistake. The 3D rides are out of this world. I’ve never experienced anything like it. If you go on the Harry Potter ride, the locker area is ridiculously enraging too many people in to little of an area. Overall, it was a memorable day and beautiful weather!"
LOLOLOL. They should ask if you are at the right park. What?

Along the edge of Destination Parkway they seem to be installing something. They've got a small-ish trench and several small holes in the ground all near the old barbed wire fence for the cows. The cows (appear to) have been relocated completely from the area now. I'm kind of surprised they haven't continued the fencing with the scrim all the way down the road yet. The sheer number of dump trucks going on and off the property is amazing.

Along the edge of Destination Parkway they seem to be installing something. They've got a small-ish trench and several small holes in the ground all near the old barbed wire fence for the cows. The cows (appear to) have been relocated completely from the area now. I'm kind of surprised they haven't continued the fencing with the scrim all the way down the road yet. The sheer number of dump trucks going on and off the property is amazing.

Would not be surprised if they start adding more permanent fencing for areas they don't plan on constructing for now.

I guess the incredibly large lighthouse with the huge ISlANDS OF ADVENTURE wasn't enough (never mind they passed a sign with arrows, a height sign also labeled with names, and a gate with names)

I'm sorry if I helped derail this thread with stupid stuff tourists say (which I believe had it's very own thread back in the day). Though I have met people that went in IoA thinking it's USF. People don't read signs and some go without any research, just follow CityWalk till you reach a themepark and go in.

I meant to discuss it as it relates to the expansions. It'll be clearer that there's more than one park with them being separated and I think it could help with the distinction that IoA is there too. Tourists are still going to leave their brains at home so I do wonder what the exit signs say as well as how it'll be marketed and what they'll do to reduce confusion.

I'm sorry if I helped derail this thread with stupid stuff tourists say (which I believe had it's very own thread back in the day). Though I have met people that went in IoA thinking it's USF. People don't read signs and some go without any research, just follow CityWalk till you reach a themepark and go in.

I meant to discuss it as it relates to the expansions. It'll be clearer that there's more than one park with them being separated and I think it could help with the distinction that IoA is there too. Tourists are still going to leave their brains at home so I do wonder what the exit signs say as well as how it'll be marketed and what they'll do to reduce confusion.
We're trying very hard to discuss something we have no details on over here

Revised infrastructure plans were finally filed today, in response to the comments and issues brought up during the Development Review Committee meeting back on November 28th. The .pdf with responses to all their comments is attached to the Development Planning case (DP-18-10-356) on the Orange County website if anyone wants to read them. The revised plans aren't too much different from the initial plans, but I've included the three most interesting images below:

1M8zlah.jpg

nPZ4imh.jpg

ccrIZn6.jpg

I'm sure you'll see much more in-depth articles on these documents popping up soon.

I’ve always assumed any hotels would be on the southern property as to service both OCCC and the new park.
Was hoping for a boutique in-park access hotel. There still could be one, but looks like it would utilize the same parking lot as the theme park if so, (so probably not).

Was hoping for a boutique in-park access hotel. There still could be one, but looks like it would utilize the same parking lot as the theme park if so, (so probably not).
So there is room for some hotels and one park esentially based on the plans then. No room for a 2nd waterpark?

Status
Not open for further replies.