Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Lower Lot Redesign

You know, all of this talk about the Raptor Run coaster in Orlando is making me jealous. I really wish we would get something like that over here..

I get what you are saying (Taron is really really good) but I think I'd rather have the Gyrosphere dark ride going to Beijing if they were going to expand the Jurassic World/Park area.

I think they could do something really interesting with a Taron style coaster - possibly part indoors, when they eventually remove the Mummy and expand in that direction.

Plus we hopefully will be getting a coaster in SNW - something unique which Orlando won't be getting for a while.

In my opinion, I'd be totally okay if one of the headlining attractions for the East Side phase of the Lower Lot redesign, just has a indoor high-thrill dark coaster. I don't think an outdoor coaster is all needed, and there are plenty of ways that I can see an indoor coaster working rather nicely for Universal Hollywood (but on a level more intense than Mummy).

In my opinion, I'd be totally okay if one of the headlining attractions for the East Side phase of the Lower Lot redesign, just has a indoor high-thrill dark coaster. I don't think an outdoor coaster is all needed, and there are plenty of ways that I can see an indoor coaster working rather nicely for Universal Hollywood (but on a level more intense than Mummy).
Agreed. Just seems disappointing that there’s no franchise available right now that would fulfill that criteria.

Agreed. Just seems disappointing that there’s no franchise available right now that would fulfill that criteria.

I would agree. Which is why..I would wonder if they may of had the idea of thinking of bringing something Universal Monsters for the full daytime, considering that's apparently a possible contender for the main four of Fantastic Worlds.

Hollywood has the history, and it could mesh really well with something like a Indoor Dark Coaster. It could even give a tribute in a sense, to Revenge of The Mummy; when that eventually goes down.

I think that Jurassic World is a big property for Universal and they are going to want more of it in the park if they can. I suggest watching what Beijing gets and go from there. Any coaster fitting into an existing area in Osaka and Orlando, will not be easy to port to Hollywood.

Put me in the camp of wanting an indoor coaster over an outdoor one.

I look at something like SDD & it looks so underwhelming. New HP coaster looks cool though, but that will have some indoor scenes.

The real news is that UOR is NOT GETTING the gyrosphere ride which is just sad. Unless it's going to the new gate, but I doubt it.

Florida parks seem to be going coaster-crazy recently. Unfortunately, it's not the big-boy coasters variety, rather the tamer "family" coasters.

I mean, the only "Big-Boy" coaster in the pipeline for UOR, is the Project Raptor.

Outside of that, PHagrid is something that should be fascinating from seeing in a mixture of the two.

I think that Jurassic World is a big property for Universal and they are going to want more of it in the park if they can. I suggest watching what Beijing gets and go from there. Any coaster fitting into an existing area in Osaka and Orlando, will not be easy to port to Hollywood.

Here's the thing, I somewhat..disagree with that.

By 2021, Jurassic World will be complete as the trilogy, and I would think that maybe if Beijing is something to watch..it wouldn't be on what exactly that JW Coaster being built is in theme.

I would look, at it's technology before that.

I would agree. Which is why..I would wonder if they may of had the idea of thinking of bringing something Universal Monsters for the full daytime, considering that's apparently a possible contender for the main four of Fantastic Worlds.

Hollywood has the history, and it could mesh really well with something like a Indoor Dark Coaster. It could even give a tribute in a sense, to Revenge of The Mummy; when that eventually goes down.

a Classic Monsters dark ride/coaster would be awesome!

I would love if after SNW they build a dark universe land as a new land for the lower lot.

I actually think thats possible.

I keep saying we should keep an eye on the lands going into the 3rd park in Orlando and that is heavily rumoured to have a Classic Monsters / Monsters Universe area - and it's more cost effective to build 2 of something than 1! ;)

Soooo to somewhat bring this up again, especially given the Town Hall leak.

..What would people think of Universal Hollywood going forward with a Universal Monsters based attraction/Mini Land? Given what it seems, it seems like it may be potentially happening for Universal's Fantastic Worlds in the near future, and with Murdy's involvement in some capacity, it'd be a potentially interesting attraction to bring to the Hollywood park.

Especially considering, the love they've been putting with the Universal Monsters as of the past year, with Universal Monsters & HHN, and & the Mural next to Soundstage 747.

I second this! If it's a big success in Orlando, I would not be surprised if they brought this over here, especially if Murdy really is working on this. If this does well enough, sounds like they'll have to ear-mark a few more stages for demo.
They already have and the stages are just so conveniently located right next to Revenge of the Mummy The Ride..... MUUHAAHAHA!!!!

They already have and the stages are just so conveniently located right next to Revenge of the Mummy The Ride..... MUUHAAHAHA!!!!
Here's an evil idea: Close the Mummy, redo it, flip the entrance to face the Monsters land would be, and retheme it to fit Monsters. Boom. We keep Mummy and get a better coaster out of it. Maybe if they add some more family coasters in the future (DK? Gringott's? Hagrid?), they can add inversions to make it more thrilling. It would already have a "scary" theme to it, so why not make it thrilling?

Soooo to somewhat bring this up again, especially given the Town Hall leak.

..What would people think of Universal Hollywood going forward with a Universal Monsters based attraction/Mini Land? Given what it seems, it seems like it may be potentially happening for Universal's Fantastic Worlds in the near future, and with Murdy's involvement in some capacity, it'd be a potentially interesting attraction to bring to the Hollywood park.

Especially considering, the love they've been putting with the Universal Monsters as of the past year, with Universal Monsters & HHN, and & the Mural next to Soundstage 747.

I want this more than anything at Universal Hollywood.. Not just the ride but an entire Transylvania-esque land.. it would look spectacular during HHN... of course, the irony being that Monsters ride might not be available during the event if it ends up being a Kuka dark ride..

My mouth was watering after seeing the concept art for Universal Monsters Land. The classic Dracula castle would be an awesome weenie for the Lower Lot. Though I guess they're also building Peach's Castle, but the gothic castle would look so cool.

Imagine seeing this beauty descending on the Star Way...

draculacastle2-1024x529.jpg

My mouth was watering after seeing the concept art for Universal Monsters Land. The classic Dracula castle would be an awesome weenie for the Lower Lot. Though I guess they're also building Peach's Castle, but the gothic castle would look so cool.

Imagine seeing this beauty descending on the Star Way...

draculacastle2-1024x529.jpg
I hope this Universal Classic Monsters is at the new park, and you can bet on me to cry when I will walk into my home parks USF, IOA, VB,FW. But if this the castle i will cry like the Potter fans do when they walk into Hogwarts, Hogsmede, and DA. Plus, would be a very nice way to make up some new foods and drinks to fill the land. Besides, who doesn't want a Vampire serve you drinks(even though we did that at HOS at BGW) So please also put this in Uni Hollywood, besides thats where UCM started at.

For me, the Universal lot was where Horror was made.

The fact that it's gone to this long, to where the Monsters haven't gotten proper treatment in the park's outside of Mummy (in Singapore, not Hollywood & Orlando) is OUTSTANDING.

It makes so much sense with Universal Monsters popping back in. Especially, when you look at not only the advancement of Blumhouse going forward with the characters, but also Universal Hollywood giving massive respect to these characters as of late. Not to mention merchandising, and historical reasons; it'd be a perfect addition for the Lower Lot.