Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Iron Gwazi (General Discussion)

The only reason I can see for it being a 2021 addition is for Universal to push it back to help balance out the new additions or maybe compete with Disney better. With Disney opening Guardians and Tron in 2021, it allows for Universal to market their more aggressive thrilling coaster that people might be looking for.

Or.. IOA doesn’t need a JP Coaster less than a year after another Potter addition. Would also make sense from a synergy perspective unless Coaster in 2020 and River Adventure 2021 to round out the entire JW overlay. Will be interesting to watch regardless though.

This coaster looks like something that will revitalize the coaster thrill market in Florida. Don’t get me wrong we’ve got tons of amazing coasters here but nothing on the thrill department that’s been a wow in years.

Also BGT’s line up going forward is the most well rounded collection I can think of in terms of appeal and quality.

Grover- kiddie
Scorpion-stepping stone coaster (youth)
Sand Serpent- Family Coaster
Cobras Curse-family Coaster
Cheetah Hunt-48” Entry level big coaster
Tigris- Thrilling launch coaster
Kumba- World Class, best B&M looper ever
Montu-World Class Best Invert ever
Sheikra-Best dive coaster ever
RMC- Balls to the Wall

This is why SWE's slump has been so depressing, and why it's so great that they rebounded a little last year.

I know that tourists from the Midwest/Great Lakes/Northeast will skip BG because "it's a coaster park and I have one near me," but for those of us living in FL or down south, BG/SW desperately need to survive.

You can't really trust marketing to not play loose with the facts, now can you? ;)

I really thought I’d have a bit more understanding of the layout after the announcement, but I’m even more intrigued even with the picture we do have lol.
I do have a feeling this rides pace will be more like the second half of SteeVe, maybe even more relentless.

Them announcing what they did for RMC Gwazi was a bonus. It wasn't the main event. Yesterday was an event to kick-off their 60th Anniversary Celebration and was the reason to be there. I think a lot of people were confused about that and wondered why they had a media event for so little info. I'm not surprised this is all they gave.

Then why not actually write it?

It’s an easy enough mistake to make. It probably made sense to the person who wrote it and the person supervising probably thought it said what they thought if they quickly scanned past it. I assume that their main attention was on the RMC facts.

It’s not a big deal. :shrug:

Them announcing what they did for RMC Gwazi was a bonus. It wasn't the main event. Yesterday was an event to kick-off their 60th Anniversary Celebration and was the reason to be there. I think a lot of people were confused about that and wondered why they had a media event for so little info. I'm not surprised this is all they gave.

I feel like we’ll get more details after Tigris opens, so the little we did get makes sense.

Someone made a prediction in No Limits 2:

This is a great prediction, many things could be inserted, like a double down coming down the old lift. If we get anything close to this, I’ll be greatly satisfied!
I think we’re gonna be getting some major positive gs in this ride too.

The general direction of the first half of the ride is accurate in that fan made prediction, although it leaves out 3 additional elements that I’ve found in the teaser plus the addition of what looks like a mid course brake run. Given that “Longest in North America” was never mentioned in the teaser, I predict that this will be shorter than steel vengeance.

Not sure where better to post this;

LIVE Busch Garden Tampa Roller Coaster Insider Tour!

Was great to see this. Does anyone know the time these run at? There's none available on the website and i'm tempted to do it next time I go. Looks like the tour ends maybe 30 mins after the park opens?