Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Lower Lot Redesign

West side: Jurassic World (Jurassic World The Ride, M&G)
North side: Super Nintendo World (Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, M&G)
East side: Monsters Menagerie (Universal Monsters dark ride, Dracula roller coaster, M&G)

That's what I think it should be for the lower lot, k thanks :)

West side: Jurassic World (Jurassic World The Ride, M&G)
North side: Super Nintendo World (Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, M&G)
East side: Monsters Menagerie (Universal Monsters dark ride, Dracula roller coaster, M&G)

That's what I think it should be for the lower lot, k thanks :)

Like it :)

BUT...

I'd like to keep Transformers and I'd also like to see an epic Godzilla ride based on the newer films, kind of give the monsters universe a new and old feel.

I also think we may see a spot for the Studio Tour at some point.

I wouldn't mind having the Transformers ride eventually becoming a Nintendo world ride. Besides the current Transformers franchise just got a reboot and all the "robots" look nothing like they do in the bumblebee movie. I know retheming sounds cheap but it would allow universal to add a unique Nintendo ride if done right.

I wouldn't mind having the Transformers ride eventually becoming a Nintendo world ride. Besides the current Transformers franchise just got a reboot and all the "robots" look nothing like they do in the bumblebee movie. I know retheming sounds cheap but it would allow universal to add a unique Nintendo ride if done right.
They’ve confirmed many times that Bumblebee is not a reboot.

When making the film, it was unsure whether or not it'd properly reboot the franchise, so they decided to wait until critical & audience reception proved the films success rate.

Also, John himself wasn't in Bumblebee.

What I'm interested to see, is if they update the character designs for Beijing, to match the reboots designs for the Autobots & Decepticons.

If that happens, I'd wonder how soon would Hollywood & Orlando change things up in that field.

When making the film, it was unsure whether or not it'd properly reboot the franchise, so they decided to wait until critical & audience reception proved the films success rate.

Also, John himself wasn't in Bumblebee.

What I'm interested to see, is if they update the character designs for Beijing, to match the reboots designs for the Autobots & Decepticons.

If that happens, I'd wonder how soon would Hollywood & Orlando change things up in that field.

His younger self was in it, fwiw.

Getting back on topic, they wouldn’t just redesign the characters. That’s a very long and expensive process. The ride is already one of the most popular rides in Universal. Unless they upgrade the projection tech, there’s no need for anymore changes.

I don't know. Transformers is kinda dead to me, doesn't seem like people are all that interested in it like they were before, reboot or not. :/ And yeah, I realize the irony in the movies doing well in the box office, but it isn't really buzzworthy anymore.

These people don’t know what they’re doing. Then why was John Turturro’s character in it? Why does Bumblebee look the same as the other films? Why is he a Camero by the end of it?

You have to understand the mess of a production that was bumblebee. When it was first shot it was designed to be a prequel. Then when the film was wrapping principal photography, The Last Knight tanked. Hasbro then gave Travis Knight complete control to do whatever he wanted and make any changes he wanted to make so he tried to make it much more G1 inspired. That's why there are similarities and differences. But some of the answers to your questions should be obvious. Today's generation recognizes Bee as a camero more than a volkswagon regardless of which universe it's set in. The fact is Hasbro confirmed it was a reboot at Toy Fair, then it's a reboot.

In regards to ride... reboot... etc... When can I get my EVAC movie!? Like seriously, I want our in-park ride vehicle/character to be on the big screen! lol... (complete with the sassy lady with the robotic voice)

I'd at least take an EVAC photo-op character. Its kinda disappointing we don't have one. Singapore at least has an epic statue

Booooo.... lol.
I say make the sound stages(demo) behind it into a new classic monsters land and once it’s up do a lengthy overhaul to RotM to better fit with the new land. Minimizes capacity issues and gives us the Monsters we deserve.
sounds like a good idea but! the mummy franchise needs a break the first two movies are great. (almost 20 years old yikes!) then you have the mummy three and reboot mummy which didn't do the studio or franchise any favors. Should the mummy be part of the land? of course but let the other monster shine for now.

Unfortunately I think the Mummy will have to make way for expansion to the right of the lowerlot. Shame as I love it, and it's very re-rideable for a coaster fix.

I wonder if a potential monsters land would have one main ride that showcases all the monsters (ala Van Helsing) or if they'd have multiple seperate attractions?

Unfortunately I think the Mummy will have to make way for expansion to the right of the lowerlot. Shame as I love it, and it's very re-rideable for a coaster fix.

I wonder if a potential monsters land would have one main ride that showcases all the monsters (ala Van Helsing) or if they'd have multiple seperate attractions?

There's one ride going to Orlando, but there's a separate non-ride attraction as well.