Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'd be much more concerned about how the interior looks, and the mock up look like decent rooms for the price.

I'm sure they can afford it. After all, if UOR/Loews has people staying at Surfside/Dockside, that's money going into their pockets rather than to the other hotels in the area. Pair that with them most likely going to Universal itself for a few days, they are probably still making a pretty penny.

Reactions: Mad Dog and natespf
I agree prefab windows are kinda ugly. Same thing was done with Sapphire. Some level of architectural artistry would have been appreciated but I get that they’re trying to get these up and running as quickly as possible. Not like anything in the area looks better than what they’re building to be honest.

I agree prefab windows are kinda ugly. Same thing was done with Sapphire. Some level of architectural artistry would have been appreciated but I get that they’re trying to get these up and running as quickly as possible. Not like anything in the area looks better than what they’re building to be honest.
Sapphire si nice, but there are a few areas that make me scratch my head

The rooms in this hotel look positively fun though and I think that's what matters most

Reactions: Dhdhddh
This is head and shoulders above the Disney value resorts if for no other reason than it has interior entrances rather than doors that open to an outside walkway
This, exactly.

This thing isn't any uglier than the Contemporary
You should be in marketing.

“Endless Summer Resort: At least it isn’t any uglier than a 50 year old hotel”

I think the Contemporary at least looks unique, it also has a train that runs right in the center of it.

This looks extremely low budget generic to me. Which is fine, considering that's exactly what it is. I'm sure it will add a nice budget option for a lot of families. Disney has lost it's affordability in the hotel market. If it wasn't for the damn fast pass window, I doubt I would even stay there. You can rent a house for what charge for most of their rooms.

I'll give you that Contemporary does have a unique look for a high end resort. Most look nice instead of like a government office building from the 70s.

I'm not sure what people were expecting with this one, but it does look better than several of the options on Idrive ;-)

Reactions: Dhdhddh and Mad Dog
They are utilitarian hotel buildings. They aren't a direct part of the Universal property so they just don't need the level of theme and detail that the "on property" hotels do. You get what you pay for, and these hotels will serve their purpose offering an affordable place to stay at Universal with some of the perks and privileges of staying at a Universal hotel. If I was not living in Orlando, I would choose these hotels in a heartbeat since I'd just need a place to sleep while I'm here, I'm not looking for glamour and glitz-- that's what the parks are for.