Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Project for Dinoland?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the latest episode of The Disney Dish podcast, Jim Hill (yes, grain of salt, and all that) reports that Disney is considering redoing Dinoland as an area themed to the ICE AGE movies.

I find it extremely hard to imagine that Disney would give prime real estate to a dying/dead and critically-maligned franchise. Needless to say, I hope it never happens!

And I don't know why Disney keeps kicking around these concepts to remove dinosaurs from the park, but I'd like them to stop it.

Jesus Christ, they better not. I'd take Zootopia over Ice Age any day of the century.

Has “The Good Dinosaur” ever been rumored as a possible IP they’d look into adding? I know it’s not a critical or financial hit, but a retheme would at least make the current land more aesthetically pleasing.

Has “The Good Dinosaur” ever been rumored as a possible IP they’d look into adding? I know it’s not a critical or financial hit, but a retheme would at least make the current land more aesthetically pleasing.
Won’t even be considered due to how poorly it did at the box office/ with critics. If they’re going to put something in the parks at this point, it has to show that it’ll make a guaranteed return, just like the movie business.

God I hope not Ice Age does not belong in a disney park. There's going to be a new Disney junior show called Gigantosaurus. Maybe if it proves to be popular they could retheme dinoland to it.

On the latest episode of The Disney Dish podcast, Jim Hill (yes, grain of salt, and all that) reports that Disney is considering redoing Dinoland as an area themed to the ICE AGE movies.

I find it extremely hard to imagine that Disney would give prime real estate to a dying/dead and critically-maligned franchise. Needless to say, I hope it never happens!

And I don't know why Disney keeps kicking around these concepts to remove dinosaurs from the park, but I'd like them to stop it.
I’m still waiting for Fox/Blue Sky’s “Rio” franchise to get a ride at Epcot’s new Brazil Pavilion like mentioned last year.

Doesn’t make any sense whatsoever. A dead franchise that won’t be remembered anywhere near as well as Disney owned ones is not a good fit for the parks. And that goes for nearly, if not, all Blue Sky films, not just Ice Age.
Oh, I agree. Blue Sky has really nothing of any good quality, but if Disney is to keep the studio and not sell it off, i'm sure they want to profit off of what they have there. Of course, I feel like it would be incredibly weird to have Ice Age and Rio themed rides/area when so many great actual Disney movies still don't have rides.

Oh, I agree. Blue Sky has really nothing of any good quality, but if Disney is to keep the studio and not sell it off, i'm sure they want to profit off of what they have there. Of course, I feel like it would be incredibly weird to have Ice Age and Rio themed rides/area when so many great actual Disney movies still don't have rides.
Not sure how one profits off jamming bad IP into the parks. At least Pixar properties sell merch.

It would be like Universal putting in a SharkTale ride or Prince of Egypt meet and greets after buying Dreamworks. Just doesn’t make business sense, and can only hurt their brand at the parks.

The rumor reeks of silly season to me.
It reeks of Jim Hill doesn't know what he's talking about like usual.
:thumbsup:

I think someone told him something, just that person isn’t on a project and wants word to get out WDI aid trying to play nice with the new kids.
To be fair, I have heard that WDI has been throwing around IDEAS for the Blue Sky properties, but none of it is even in the Blue Sky phase...

Plus, let’s talk about how Animal Kingdom’s DinoLand offers a fairly educational look at dinosaurs, albeit they’re strangley obsessed with their extinction but still, educational nonetheless.

Ice Age introduced dinosaurs in a sequel, that would have wooly mammonths and T-rex’s Living together. In an age long after the extinction of the dinosaurs. It’s right up there with seeing cavemen and dinosaurs together in popular media for me on my pet peeve meter.

And speaking of educational, Scrat encountered aliens in the last Ice Age film. So yea, there’s that.

They worked hard to jam education into Pandora, and they pulled it off, barely. Learning about how a keystone species can predict an entire habitats decline was a unique way to tackle it, but it works.

Not sure how you make an Ice Age ride make sense in Animal Kingdom without retconning half the stuff from the film series.

Status
Not open for further replies.