Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Good QS/Snacks at Disneyland

Feb 25, 2014
Heya everyone!

So this July I'm finally visiting Disneyland for the 1st time! Right now I've got most everything lined up like hotel (Park Vue inn), tickets, what attractions to see and what sit down restaurants to hit up. (Blue Bayou, Carthay Circle, Café Orleans and if budget allows, Napa Rose.)

However, I'm kind of drawing a lil blank when it comes to dining in regards to quick service meals and snacks. Snack-wise I've heard about the corn dogs in Main Street and the skewers at Bengal Barbeque, but that's about it. While quick service-wise, I've heard nada.

So any recommendations on QS and snacks in DL and DCA would be very much appreciated. I don't have any food allergies and I'm not a picky eater either. (Though I think I can do without QS pizza, I had enough of that at WDW back in 2005 during a High School band trip. XD )

*I know whatever will be open in Galaxy's Edge will be a option, however since it's not open yet we don't have any opinions of it right now.

Red Rose Tavern in Fanatsyland is one of my favs. Usually/surprisingly quiet, a hidden delight. Slow cooked beef poutine and the grey stuff for desert “it’s delicious”.

Edit: Quick add that this is also very close to SW:GE entrance in Frontierland so may become more popular with the impending crowds waiting to get in. Hoping it remains on the quieter side though, fingers crossed.

Last edited:
The skewers at Bengal Barbecue are so good. Can't miss! The new Jungle Cruise QS (blanking on the name) looks solid too.

The Grilled Cheese at Jolly Holiday was absolutely delicious. I didn't expect it to be as great as it was. Probably the best quick service I had in the resort. On the flip side, I was underwhelmed by the fried chicken at Plaza Inn.

The Cozy Cone Motel had some very good above-average quick service. The Jack-Jack cookies from Pixar Pier is a very good chocolate chip cookie.

I'm definitely missing many things, but that's what I've got right now.

Cult of Hungry Bear baby.

Pretty much all of DCA has pretty good counter service now, any of the bad places were weeded out during the first few years or during the refurb of the park.

Thanks a bunch for the replies so far, I'll be sure to look into/check out these places!

Red Rose Tavern in Fanatsyland is one of my favs. Usually/surprisingly quiet, a hidden delight. Slow cooked beef poutine and the grey stuff for desert “it’s delicious”.

Edit: Quick add that this is also very close to SW:GE entrance in Frontierland so may become more popular with the impending crowds waiting to get in. Hoping it remains on the quieter side though, fingers crossed.

I do like me a good poutine, and I think most places might see a uptick due to the summer SW:GE crowds. However who knows, I think the food places in GE will be more busy since it's all new and whatnot.

The Grilled Cheese at Jolly Holiday was absolutely delicious. I didn't expect it to be as great as it was. Probably the best quick service I had in the resort.

I'll admit I'd be willing to try Jolly Holiday for the baked goods, I can be a bit of a sucker for those.

Cult of Hungry Bear baby.

Pretty much all of DCA has pretty good counter service now, any of the bad places were weeded out during the first few years or during the refurb of the park.

That's very nice to hear bout' DCA's QS, I'll admit I've been curious bout' the Pacific Wharf places since the café and Lucky Fortune sound nice.

Shocked no one's mentioned the French Market in New Orleans. Excellent French Dip, chowder, and other area favorites. Great portion sizes. Non-alcoholic Mint Juleps and Beignets are available from a window next door.

Seconding Cozy Cone & Hungry Bear, as well. The new spot in Adventureland, Tropical Highway, also offers ample Dole Whip flavors (with much shorter lines than the window on the main thoroughfare) and some interesting-looking dumplings.

The roasted half chicken platter at French Market is pretty good and quite a lot of food for $15. Can't go wrong with the fried chicken at Plaza Inn. And don't forget the turkey legs.

Now that I'm just two weeks away from my trip, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who replied to this. While I won't be able to eat everywhere (I'm just one guy, and only two and a quarter days there.), I really appreciate all the recommendations, and I look forward to trying a bunch of them!

Shocked no one's mentioned the French Market in New Orleans. Excellent French Dip, chowder, and other area favorites. Great portion sizes. Non-alcoholic Mint Juleps and Beignets are available from a window next door.

Seconding Cozy Cone & Hungry Bear, as well. The new spot in Adventureland, Tropical Highway, also offers ample Dole Whip flavors (with much shorter lines than the window on the main thoroughfare) and some interesting-looking dumplings.

If you're not getting Mickey Shaped Beignets, I'm not really sure why you're bothering to go to DL.

If you want to take a minor walk from the hotel I would recommend Bubba Gump happy hour weekdays and McCormick and Shmicks for weekends or weekdays. I actually thought the food specials were pretty tasty and the drink specials pretty great and tasty. Happy hour lines up honestly great for a park break and evening hours. I did enjoy the bread bowls at the bakery in DCA.

Fowler's and Royal St Veranda in Disneyland too!
Oooh, i've never eaten there on my DL trips. Didn't know they had bread bowls. I'll be back soon-ish though. Probably next fall so I can do haunts but also SLoP, JW: The Ride, SW:GE and Spider-Man will all be open and new from just the beginning of this year alone.

We just got back from our Disneyland trip a couple weeks ago. This may just have been our experience due to picky eaters or bad choices but the food was the single most disappointing thing of the trip. The menus were small, quality was meh, and high prices.

I feel like Disney World was way above for food in every category especially the direct comparisons. We ate at Blue Bayou, Lamplight Lounge, Goofy's Kitchen, Cafe Orleans, and a few other places. Flo's and the corndog were the best places we ate.

That said, on the whole the breakfasts were pretty decent.