Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Console Gaming (General)

Valve is really expanding their horizons. First they made a card game no one wanted, now they’ll make VR games no one wants.

Interested to see how it differs from VIVE, and if they'll support it with VR games at launch or after.

Meanwhile, Sakura Wars has risen from it's grave; as Sakura Wars for Playstation 4 is in development.

Kotaku posted a very interesting write-up, as it seemingly details a lot of how Bioware has fallen from internal struggle.

Watched a video on that.

God forbid EA took the same approach Nintendo did with Prime 4 and not further ruin their reputation. I’m calling it now. BioWare’s done.

I’m thinking BioWare’s done and Dragon Age will get shoveled to someone else. Just like Visceral.

I honestly don't agree with that. I think what's going to be vital, is if we see signs of decreases in support to things like Old Republic and Anthem, before we get proper announcement of shuttering.

Not to mention, it isn't like DAIV is in the woodwork, even if it doesn't have a title yet. I actually imagine EA's working more close to ensure that DAIV doesn't screw up.

I honestly don't agree with that. I think what's going to be vital, is if we see signs of decreases in support to things like Old Republic and Anthem, before we get proper announcement of shuttering.

Not to mention, it isn't like DAIV is in the woodwork, even if it doesn't have a title yet. I actually imagine EA's working more close to ensure that DAIV doesn't screw up.
The title is “Dread Wolf Rises” or whatever it was.

Okay, so I now know what console I'll save up for now; because the Backward's Compatability seals the deal for me. Hoping it's more than just PS4 (but also PS3), but that's what sells me for it.

It makes me interested to see what XBOX and Microsoft will play with at E3, as they have their conference this year.

Last edited:
Okay, so I now know what console I'll save up for now; because the Backward's Compatability seals the deal for me. Hoping it's more than just PS4 (but also PS3), but that's what sells me for it.

It makes me interested to see what XBOX and Microsoft will play with at E3, as they have their conference this year.

The wording they use there definitely sounds like PS4 backwards compatibility only, it makes sure to reference that they share the same architecture.

I'm not seeing why the article is so hype though... it sounds like it is using a beefier processor (of course), a now current gen GPU (which are also showing at a lower price point than what typically happens), and now standard SSD's (long time coming, most people already have already done that themselves), with a release date of at least 2020.

What am I missing?

DP:, WayFoward and Arc System Works are doing a collaboration with the WayForward IP, River City Girls.

WayForward and Arc System Works Announce River City Girls | WayForward

Capcom has revealed a home retro system, supporting multiple iconic games from their arcade history; including AvP, Mega Man, Ghost's and Goblins, and more.

Atlus is also teasing a Mystery game, to be included of a set of acrylic versions of various Persona games; to be released at the Persona Super Live event next week.

Microsoft/XBOX are working with the Department of Veteran Affairs, on a version of the popular adaptive controller, for vetereans with limited use of mobility.

Sony has also clarified to not expect the PS5, no earlier than May of next year.

Details have gone out for the premium Kingdom Hearts 3 DLC as-well.