Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Walking Dead Attraction (Closed)

Not even The Whisperers even during HHN were they added additional Walkers?

Adding the Whisperers requires creating new masks for the character(s) as well as new audio for the character to monologue (as they are unlikely to pay for a union speaking role in this sort of haunt attraction). That requires a Horror Nights budget that The Walking Dead has not gotten in recent years.

If you've noticed, some of the walkers now use cheaper masks.
(AKA not the original ones intended for this attraction)

I noticed SWAT Walker got phased out a long while ago... Figured it was either due to safety (poor visibility?) or wear & tear vs expense of replacing the mask regularly.

Haven't really noticed much on the others, though occasionally some would be out of place (i.e. Burning Walker would be found later in the attraction, with a random Walker at the cabin).

I noticed SWAT Walker got phased out a long while ago... Figured it was either due to safety (poor visibility?) or wear & tear vs expense of replacing the mask regularly.

Haven't really noticed much on the others, though occasionally some would be out of place (i.e. Burning Walker would be found later in the attraction, with a random Walker at the cabin).

It's a mess.

If you've noticed, some of the walkers now use cheaper masks.
(AKA not the original ones intended for this attraction)
From what I've heard, the original masks had quite a few problems such as low visibility and pieces of plastic in uncomfortable spots, so it doesn't really surprise me they phased out the earlier ones for cheaper ones

So funny thing... my "On this day" for Facebook had this post pop-up and perfect timing with Wondercon coming up this weekend. So here is a little reminder of what Universal hyped up for this attraction 3 years ago today:

Details released at WonderCon today about Universal Hollywood's new "The Walking Dead" attraction opening this summer:
- The new building specifically designed for this attraction.
- 12 versions were created before the final revision.
- No content limitations were placed on designers.
- Does not focus on one specific season.
- Transitions being carefully considered for a more cohesive narrative.
- Nods to the tv series can be found throughout attraction.
- The queue will be the hospital from pilot episode.
- Animatronic fingers randomly programmed for DEAD INSIDE doors.
- Convincing steam effect will recreate fire for burning cabin.
- Burned walker scareactor to have smoking effect.
- New walker masks created to allow more action, unlike masks for HHN.
- Walkers will be scareactors, animatronics & puppeteered figures.
- Will be scarier/more intense than previous 4 HHN mazes. :look:
- Attraction will take roughly 5-7 minutes to experience.

So funny thing... my "On this day" for Facebook had this post pop-up and perfect timing with Wondercon coming up this weekend. So here is a little reminder of what Universal hyped up for this attraction 3 years ago today:

Details released at WonderCon today about Universal Hollywood's new "The Walking Dead" attraction opening this summer:
- The new building specifically designed for this attraction.
- 12 versions were created before the final revision.
- No content limitations were placed on designers.
- Does not focus on one specific season.
- Transitions being carefully considered for a more cohesive narrative.
- Nods to the tv series can be found throughout attraction.
- The queue will be the hospital from pilot episode.
- Animatronic fingers randomly programmed for DEAD INSIDE doors.
- Convincing steam effect will recreate fire for burning cabin.
- Burned walker scareactor to have smoking effect.
- New walker masks created to allow more action, unlike masks for HHN.
- Walkers will be scareactors, animatronics & puppeteered figures.
- Will be scarier/more intense than previous 4 HHN mazes. :look:
- Attraction will take roughly 5-7 minutes to experience.
I mean at least we got most of that for a while, before they stopped keeping it up to par with the opening weeks so much, I assume because they wanted more budget towards other projects rather than fixing it up since the actors are generally pretty expensive as is.

The maze does what It was intended to do, family friendly haunt that does not have people punching the actors (AS MUCH). The Literal horror stories that happened Within HOH. I once saw an italian man pick up a chucky actor and start throwing him around like a baby.

Wrong. That was never the intention. You're confusing the purpose of The Haunted Mansion at Disney with Universal just trying to milk a dead tv series for an attendance boost (after it being at HHN for 5 years too many) & extra merch sales.
too each his own. but I remember murdy talking about needing to cut things out due to it being too scary.. plus running out of money :p

To be fair, while not quite as gory, you can argue that WaterWorld and the Studio Tour aren’t family attractions either because they depict people getting shot and stuff.

They toe the line! Waterworld has people "dying," but it's effectively off-stage. Any on-stage violence is bloodless. It's very PG-13.

Studio Tour pushes it by having George get devoured by the shark with blood spurts, though the effect is rarely as pronounced as it could be. The rest of the violence is implied, or again, toned down for PG-13.

Walking Dead straight up has dismemberment and blood spray in its projection effects. There's dried blood and viscera all over the queue. Two different categories, IMO.

So with how Pets is getting scaffolding up around the building, one has to ask..when will they have to get rid of that signage for TWDA and to push back those walls in-between the two buildings? And at what point, does that not become a potential hazard?

I noticed SWAT Walker got phased out a long while ago...
Not true. He was in action this past tuesday. All of the zombies are still present, it just depends on how staffed the attraction is... also, they love to do scareactor roulette and change up locations, which is fun and can SOMETIMES actual create scares.

As for the entrance area next to PETS....
FABGARL.jpg

X3mtXMr.jpg

Had to wait until the park/attraction closed to get a good pic because the park guests kept walking into the shot just when it'd get clear :chainsaw:

TWD Attraction auditions are today...

I'd be there myself, but I couldn't find anyone able to swap days with me. So I'll be at work feeling like a zombie FML haha

Just a little update about the attraction. Honestly not really sure which thread
this information would go under, but honestly has this ever been done before for past HHN's?​