Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brightline Station Coming to Orlando

36 months to build this much track (where are they building the track?!) is insane. Never going to happen.
Idk, Brightline/Virgin has all gone according to plan so far. This isn’t the Skyplex, we have proof that they mean business in Florida so far.

Idk, Brightline/Virgin has all gone according to plan so far. This isn’t the Skyplex, we have proof that they mean business in Florida so far.
I was just thinking about it in terms of building out any kind of public transit. Transit projects take many, many years. 3-4 years to build many miles of track seems too ambitious.

Assuming it’s the same business, Virgin have a lot of experience with trains in the U.K.
It’s a separate company, Virgin attains USA, with leadership from both Florida East Coast Railways and Virgin Trains Europe. Virgin is going to use this in packages with their cruise ships and flights our of Miami, which I believe will be a main cause for its overall success.

Also, a large portion of the track was rebuilt or at least greatly improved down here because it wasn’t up to standard for passenger rail. The main problem is ROW acquisition, which seems to be going smoothly for them so far.

There’s a line between West Palm, Fort Lauderdale and Miami. Of course, that used existing track, so this is different.
The track had to be upgraded and in some places, double tracked. New stations were built.

This makes me wonder how much Disney is paying for their station, because I'm not sure it would otherwise be an optimal choice for Virgin/Brightline. I'm thinking that Disney wants this to do the same thing for guests from Tampa and Miami that DME does for guests who fly into Orlando - trap them in the Disney bubble without a car.

I don't see this as having much appeal for those traveling MCO-WDW, unless Disney decides to build some hotels right next to the station.

This makes me wonder how much Disney is paying for their station, because I'm not sure it would otherwise be an optimal choice for Virgin/Brightline. I'm thinking that Disney wants this to do the same thing for guests from Tampa and Miami that DME does for guests who fly into Orlando - trap them in the Disney bubble without a car.

I don't see this as having much appeal for those traveling MCO-WDW, unless Disney decides to build some hotels right next to the station.
I feel like many “Disney-only” travelers will use this. Or even if they are going to Universal. Just take an Uber those days.

And do you really think Disney WON’T capitalize by building a hotel near this thing? :lol: