Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Classic Monsters/Horror Shop

I'm going to end up spending so much money in there. I do hope they eventually roll out some more men's t-shirt designs for the Classic Monsters, because the women seem to have a lot more variety.

Also, the Bates Motel stationery is an item I never realized I needed until right now.

And putting the Telepods in there is such a wonderful tip of the cap to the old version of the Makeup Show.

I love this so much! Universal was built on these Classic Monsters in the same way Disney was built on Mickey and Snow White. A store like this and (hopefully) the rumored "world" at the new park means they recognize there is great value in tapping into this. In a way, I'm glad the Tom Cruise Mummy failed and the Dark Universe was put on hold for a rework. It is far more compelling from a theme park perspective to utilize the classic Gothic art and set direction from the old films as a template for the new land instead of the modern super hero vibe the new films were going for.

It's interesting for me to see what's the same as Hollywood and what merch is different. I'd say 80-90% of it is what Hollywood already has had for a while, since HHN. But wonder if we'll eventually get the 10-20% that seems new.

For a while, some of the HP merch was exclusive to Orlando. Only now, three years later, is Hollywood finally getting caught up in some of the HP Orlando merch. I've been surprised there isn't more consistent synergy in the merch between the two coasts.

I love this so much! Universal was built on these Classic Monsters in the same way Disney was built on Mickey and Snow White. A store like this and (hopefully) the rumored "world" at the new park means they recognize there is great value in tapping into this. In a way, I'm glad the Tom Cruise Mummy failed and the Dark Universe was put on hold for a rework. It is far more compelling from a theme park perspective to utilize the classic Gothic art and set direction from the old films as a template for the new land instead of the modern super hero vibe the new films were going for.
Couldn't agree more...There is certainly a market for Universal's Monsters being their Disney Princess in a way

It fits and feels organic to their brand

I also feel like HHN has shown Universal that it's ok to have the two elements interact in their day product

I agree. Perhaps there will be more unique stuff coming in eventually.

All the more reason to get in there and buy some stuff so Universal sees that they're moving product.
I get their line of thinking to thin out merch across two different shops a double the amount of eyes that see the same amount of stuff

Also, Sci-Fi works better in the MIB store

A lot of the stuff they have brought in here looks like it used to be in the film vault. Have they replaced the film vault with something else now?