Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HBO's Game of Thrones

My current viewing plan is to watch the Sopranos all the way through (first time) then start Game of Thrones and the MCU in time for Captain Marvel and Avengers.

It’s going to be a busy few months.

GoT S8, Kingdom Hearts 3, Avengers: Endgame, Potter Coaster, Galaxy's Edge, Lion King, Stranger Things 3, It: Chapter 2, Star Wars IX.

2019's going to be a year to remember for sure.

But honestly - how do you stop yourself at 1 episode a day for a rewatch? I've fallen into more of a 3 episodes a day binge watch.. :thumbsup:

Looks good. I had to change my way of viewing this show the last few seasons as I was very frustrated with the massive reduction in quality writing.

Ever since I started viewing it more like a somewhat mindless/aimless action movie, I've started enjoying it again more. I'll always miss those first few season's quality, but if they wrap this thing up well, I'll be satisfied.

Looks good. I had to change my way of viewing this show the last few seasons as I was very frustrated with the massive reduction in quality writing.

Ever since I started viewing it more like a somewhat mindless/aimless action movie, I've started enjoying it again more. I'll always miss those first few season's quality, but if they wrap this thing up well, I'll be satisfied.

The quality of the writing really dropped once the showrunners started outpacing the books.

Still a great show, but last season was clearly the low point season for me. Geography and logic went out the window to facilitate major action, which can be fun, but that was not the stuff that first hooked me on the series.

The quality of the writing really dropped once the showrunners started outpacing the books.

Still a great show, but last season was clearly the low point season for me. Geography and logic went out the window to facilitate major action, which can be fun, but that was not the stuff that first hooked me on the series.

Virtually every show out there reaches a point where the quality falls from its peak. Programs like Breaking Bad and The Leftovers that maintained the highest quality during their entire run are typically the exception, not the rule. We can be thankful that the show hasn't fallen so low that it loses its popularity like The Simpsons or The Walking Dead have suffered from.

Personally, I thought Season 5 was the weakest, so anything else has been an upgrade so far. 7 definitely saw a misfire in "Beyond The Wall", but I don't think it was enough to damn the season as a whole like others have. IMO, Season 6 is still the best and remains the only case where moving off from Martin's books worked to the show's advantage. Hopefully 8 can redeem the sins of 7 and go out on a high note.

Episode three is supposed to be the battle at Winterfell, and rumored to be more epic and longer than the battle of Helms Deep. That was 40 mins, with episode 3 only being 60 mins it appears it may be nearly an entire episode of just one big massive battle.......I am not complaining.

Episode three is supposed to be the battle at Winterfell, and rumored to be more epic and longer than the battle of Helms Deep. That was 40 mins, with episode 3 only being 60 mins it appears it may be nearly an entire episode of just one big massive battle.......I am not complaining.

The runtime for Episode 3 has been updated and it's now going to be 82 minutes long, which will officially make it the longest episode of the series.