Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bracing myself for several pages of pixies not looking pixie-ish enough :)
giphy.gif

All because I want to know what Fluffy will look like in daylight...

Last edited:
I’d say the week before, maybe around June 7th is a good guess. (I’m hoping not while I’m vacation week of Memorial Day.) Of course it’s always possible they get done and want to test it early. But it’s also possible they run into technical issues and can’t.

TMs probably right after Memorial Day weekend then guest softs around that time.

*exit*

This is a guess and I don’t think even UOR knows yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
What can we expect for the crowd size on opening day? I will be most likely attending this attraction either on a soft opening or opening day, if there are any tips to share, it would be appreciated.

All because I want to know what Fluffy will look like in daylight...

They might not've been as up-close and HD as the officially released pics, but we've seen Fluffy in the daylight from aerial pictures and he looks fine.
@Alicia do you have any up-close ones from those full-sized aerials you were sent?

Looking back at the two pictures of the pixies, looks like one will move around the frame of the door window.

I'm inclined to agree with y'all that we'll see those car pixies (themselves probably static here) swiveling around the car wheel and running back and forth along the top of the car door. It would be really cool if the car itself also rocked slightly back and forth.

They might not've been as up-close and HD as the officially released pics, but we've seen Fluffy in the daylight from aerial pictures and he looks fine.
@Alicia do you have any up-close ones from those full-sized aerials you were sent?

I'm inclined to agree with y'all that we'll see those car pixies (themselves probably static here) swiveling around the car wheel and running back and forth along the top of the car door. It would be really cool if the car itself also rocked slightly back and forth.
These were the two best shots of Fluffy from @ReverseImagineering I got. Click to see full size. But remember, this is with a zoom lens from very high up in the sky, not exactly the intended angle of viewing.

Hagrids-Fluffy2.jpg

Hagrids-Fluffy1.jpg

According to the blog post, there will be more than 20 Pixies hiding in various places throughout the ride! It's like a scavenger hunt, and yet another reason to ride again and again.

Too bad they're just on this one ride, because otherwise hidden pixies could give a certain concealed rodent a run for his money.

I am curious if some will be slightly out of the regular sight lines for guests on certain sides of the train to make it re-rideable. They did seem to want to give people the impression that they had to ride once on both sides.

I can hope it’s been coated with a dead flat or matte finish silicone, and maybe some “dry brushed” gloss silicone to give the effect of sweat where the hair is longer. But I wouldn’t expect any real fur, just the texture of it. The chances of mold growth or color damage basically prohibit any real fur being used outside. As everyone else has stated though, this will be only a few seconds long scene, so the motion will lend itself to the realism.

Side note: This is a theme park, which is a form of art. Artwork will be criticized and judged, as that’s the nature of observing something that reflects some aspect of the human condition. These rides are moving shows, and they will be critiqued harshly. It’s not detrimental to the show to do so, as long as it’s done fairly (this isn’t twitter, after all). To point out sidewalk color or the texture of fur or anything meticulous is important! These discussions inform the cutting edge nature of the industry. We expect a level of realism that simply was not there 20 years ago, so these standards are worth upholding within reason.

Last edited:
I can hope it’s been coated with a dead flat or matte finish silicone, and maybe some “dry brushed” gloss silicone to give the effect of sweat where the hair is longer. But I wouldn’t expect any real fur, just the texture of it. The chances of mold growth or color damage basically prohibit any real fur being used outside. As everyone else has stated though, this will be only a few seconds long scene, so the motion will lend itself to the realism.

Side note: This is a theme park, which is a form of art. Artwork will be criticized and judged, as that’s the nature of observing something that reflects some aspect of the human condition. These rides are moving shows, and they will be critiqued harshly. It’s not detrimental to the show to do so, as long as it’s done fairly (this isn’t twitter, after all). To point out sidewalk color or the texture of fur or anything meticulous is important! These discussions inform the cutting edge nature of the industry. We expect a level of realism that simply was not there 20 years ago, so these standards are worth upholding within reason.
EXACTLY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.