Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion News (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
not to beat on a dead horse and I'm not trying to think about something that's way down the line which may not even come but I looked at Universal Studios Bejing Resort property how big it will be once done and it's says it will be 300 acres. On the other hand I read that they are planning on adding a second theme park and water park. Again USBJ is roughly 300 acres in size. Comparing that to the newly bought property at Universal Studios Orlando which is I guess 500 acres right now it looks like it's bigger. So what I'm trying to say is that I guess Disneyhead is right they do have room to add another theme park after Fantastic Worlds and another waterpark which would be smaller than VB most likely. I got all this info from themeparkx the only thing interesting I didn't find on Universal Studios Orlando expansion property is how many acres they have in total it wasn't listed surprisingly but they listed the amount of acres for Universal Bejiing.

Sorry for double posting it may not matter to some of you guys because you’d rather not look towards the future I mean not that far. All I was asking is if anyone has a Aerial view map of the new Universal Orlando expansion property so I can see how big the property is. After Fantastic Worlds is built, and after they build hotels and a citywalk I only thought they would have like 10 acres left. Not sure how big it is. You guys think I may sound annoying by thinking way ahead but it is part of the Universal Orlando New property. Again a reader on Facebook says their is only room to add 1 park with hotels and citywalk that’s it.

Sorry for double posting it may not matter to some of you guys because you’d rather not look towards the future I mean not that far. All I was asking is if anyone has a Aerial view map of the new Universal Orlando expansion property so I can see how big the property is. After Fantastic Worlds is built, and after they build hotels and a citywalk I only thought they would have like 10 acres left. Not sure how big it is. You guys think I may sound annoying by thinking way ahead but it is part of the Universal Orlando New property. Again a reader on Facebook says their is only room to add 1 park with hotels and citywalk that’s it.

No worries about double posting when it’s days later.

In the terms of announcing, I think we're likely going to wait until 2020 to hear anything major (unless they try to usurp anything major that comes out from D23).
If Universal is as petty as we hope they are, I'd be surprised if they didn't have multiple announcements ready at D23.

Disney makes a big announcement -> Universal announces FW
Disney makes a medium announcement -> Universal announces JP Coaster or more Nintendo details
Disney makes a small announcement / nothing -> New Bourne show details

If Universal is as petty as we hope they are, I'd be surprised if they didn't have multiple announcements ready at D23.

Disney makes a big announcement -> Universal announces FW
Disney makes a medium announcement -> Universal announces JP Coaster or more Nintendo details
Disney makes a small announcement / nothing -> New Bourne show details
I don’t think they’d blow the lid on the third park just because of Disney but hey what do I know.
I'm thinking if they are going to upsurge D23 announcements, SNW may be a subject of attention.
That makes more sense.

I'm thinking if they are going to upsurge D23 announcements, SNW may be a subject of attention.
I personally agree.

But, it seems like SNW has become a part of FW. Unless they're opening a separate Nintendo land in KidZone, Universal has to formally announce FW first.

If they announce FW + SNW at the same time, it'll lead to another theme-park-in-a-theme-park mess like Potter and SNW will overshadow the announcement that Universal is building a major theme park (and not just SNW)

Getting back on topic who has a map aerial view of the new property universal Orlando bought in 2015. So we can get a good view on where Fantastic Worlds might be located. And the hotels, and citywalk. What’s left over we don’t know what will happen. I just wanted to know could they squeeze in a second park and second water park.

I personally agree.

But, it seems like SNW has become a part of FW. Unless they're opening a separate Nintendo land in KidZone, Universal has to formally announce FW first.

If they announce FW + SNW at the same time, it'll lead to another theme-park-in-a-theme-park mess like Potter and SNW will overshadow the announcement that Universal is building a major theme park (and not just SNW)

I mean, Osaka and Hollywood would make sense to bring it up, especially in the terms of Osaka; as it'd be under a year until the Tokyo Olympics come in.

Present a video, depicting a taste of what to expect from Mario Kart and Yoshi, and it could be more than enough to take on.

Getting back on topic who has a map aerial view of the new property universal Orlando bought in 2015. So we can get a good view on where Fantastic Worlds might be located. And the hotels, and citywalk. What’s left over we don’t know what will happen. I just wanted to know could they squeeze in a second park and second water park.

upload_2019-4-17_14-46-45.png

I personally agree.

They can say Nintendo is coming to Orlando without saying anything about the rest of the new park.

That is very big but the current universal Orlando property I understand has Volcano Bay, IOA, and USF combined so that makes it a clear winner in terms of size I think. I read in a article that this newly acquired expansion property that this expansion could fit easily 2 to 3 theme parks inside this whopping 500 acres of land. I highly doubt that. A third park, hotels and citywalk are confirmed the rest is unknown and how much space they have left once those things are built are unknown. So when should we hear an announcement on what universal Orlando will do with the whole expansion property more like 2024 after the new park opens?

That is very big but the current universal Orlando property I understand has Volcano Bay, IOA, and USF combined so that makes it a clear winner in terms of size I think. I read in a article that this newly acquired expansion property that this expansion could fit easily 2 to 3 theme parks inside this whopping 500 acres of land. I highly doubt that. A third park, hotels and citywalk are confirmed the rest is unknown and how much space they have left once those things are built are unknown. So when should we hear an announcement on what universal Orlando will do with the whole expansion property more like 2024 after the new park opens?

The new property is give or take 500 acres.
Meanwhile the main Universal complex (not counting the old Wet n' Wild site) holds 2 theme parks, Volcano Bay, Citywalk and 6 hotels in 541 acres.

It's totally doable for the new property to have a third theme park, citywalk, hotels, and still have space for another theme/water park and a lil extra. You just have to understand that any official announcement, -especially anything beyond the third theme park- is not coming anytime soon. An whenever something is announced, the focus is most certainly going to be on the third park/citywalk and whatever hotels will open with or near it, not what's coming after all that.

They can say Nintendo is coming to Orlando without saying anything about the rest of the new park.
They already said Nintendo was coming to Orlando, so that wouldn't really be news. Maybe some updated concept art or new details would be new, but that wouldn't really be that big.

The new property is give or take 500 acres.
Meanwhile the main Universal complex (not counting the old Wet n' Wild site) holds 2 theme parks, Volcano Bay, Citywalk and 6 hotels in 541 acres.
+ Studio production buildings + large back of house operations. While there will be some back of house operations in the new area, not all of it needs to be 100% duplicated (eg creative, marketing, hr).

Additionally, I think Universal could have packed way more in to their original area had they planned a bit better. Look at how much land Portofino occupies (and # of rooms) compared to Adventura, Sapphire Falls, Cabana Bay, Endless Summer, and Surfside... I think think they'll be in the mindset of constant expansion and conserving space.

I think it's very possible they could pack 6 tall hotels, 2 parks, and a water park into 500 acres. I think it will look a lot different than the old land though (more planned out rather than evolved).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.