Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion News (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone is saying they should jump right into building a 4th dry park, just that the long term build-out for the new property will include a 4th dry park.

I expect 10 years between FW opening and the 4th dry park opening with a water park sometime between them.

I don't think anyone is saying they should jump right into building a 4th dry park, just that the long term build-out for the new property will include a 4th dry park.

I expect 10 years between FW opening and the 4th dry park opening with a water park sometime between them.
So if that were true Universal Orlando’s expansion plans would be somewhat similar to what Universal Studios Beijing is doing. They are opening up their park in 2020 and like I was saying before if you read their Wikipedia page a 2nd park would be opening later in the future. Only thing missing from them is a water park who knows maybe they’ll add one.

So if that were true Universal Orlando’s expansion plans would be somewhat similar to what Universal Studios Beijing is doing. They are opening up their park in 2020 and like I was saying before if you read their Wikipedia page a 2nd park would be opening later in the future. Only thing missing from them is a water park who knows maybe they’ll add one.
Yes.
Though, the significant difference is China's heavy hand in Beijing. For example, China may be releasing statements on long term future plans to hype their country... Especially regarding their plan to develop Chinese IPs with Universal which would eventually lead into attractions. Additionally, I believe China may be willing to take a loss and still move forward with more expansion if it means more hype for their country.

Universal will be more tight lipped for their US plans, and may be willing to cancel growth as they test FW.

I hope your right so when do you think you we will know what the whole master plan of the expansion property before 2030?

I hope your right so when do you think you we will know what the whole master plan of the expansion property before 2030?
The master plans for the property are only known by a handful of top executives at Universal Parks (and C-level executives at Comcast/NBC), and until the property is beyond phase 1 (i.e. first dry park + 1-3 hotels + CityWalk 2.0), we won't know what further phases will look like.

Master plans are typically speculative beyond the first/initial phase. Vivendi had plans for 2 dry parks and golf courses and time shares, etc. for this land, but it didn't mean anything because they were so debt ridden that they sold the land.

Universal's current master plan is most likely separated into phases, but only the first/initial phase is guaranteed to happen right now. The rest will be determined by how successful the launch is and what future demand looks like. If we get to 2025 and Fantastic World is a gigantic hit that's steamrolling towards 10 million+ annual visitors, then it's very likely that we see most of the master plan greenlit by 2030.

I agree with the sentiment of the above posts in that nothing is truly official until it's open to the public.

That being said, I think the first few additions beyond phase 1 will start to give away the rest of the plan, because once we see where they start building things like the second and third hotels or parking garages it will become much easier to guess the rest of what they are planning.

Shouldn't be. It's the SkyPlex I'm worried about.

The SkyPlex is about 100ft taller but further away so I think it might take up about a bit more of the skyline but not significantly more. That’s of course if it ever gets built.

A solution could be to build a roof over the pathways which seems to be common in some parks around the world. It could add or detract from the theming depending on how you see it plus it stops the rain being an issue.

The wheel shouldn’t be visible from inside the park. And the SkyPlex is never getting built, so we’ll never have to worry about it.
I believe everything you say soo... @Alicia Did you hear what happened with all the approvals by the city??

Nothing to do with the city. Everything to do with my faith in the company. We’ll see what happens, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.
Well i definitely dont want it so you're in good company with this one, the whole project is just so obnoxious.

On the utilities development plan:

It seems that Universal sent the county some additional documentation on questions that had been raised, and the county decided that it resolved enough of the issues that the remainder could be handled at the time of construction plan submittal, and thus Universal will not need to provide a revised version of the development plans.

The utilities development plan is now being placed on the agenda for the May 8th Development Review Committee meeting.

Be realistic, building a new park costs a ton of money. There is grading the land, infrastructure, designing the park, building it, parking, a hotel or 2. So, realistically (and as mentioned before), this park won't be 100% filled and finished when it opens (like every theme park in the world). I'm sure what is being build will be amazing and give you enough for a decently filled day when it's crowded. The amount you get out of it difference on how deep you want to dive in the experience but I think it will be 60% (at best) when comparing it to USF or IOA.
So over the years Universal likely will fill in the empty lots, tweak their rides and add and replace rides at USF and IOA. All this to keep guests coming back to all parks.
Taking all this in account it's ignorant to even think about yet another park. Will it one day be there, probably, will I still be alive when it opens? Probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.