Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN '19: Frankenstein Meets The Wolf Man

FMtW: “Hey, can I copy your homework?”

AVP: “Sure, just don’t make it to obvious.”

View attachment 9464
View attachment 9465
avp copied it though
MV5BMDZjMDJkMmYtOGU0NC00OWUxLTljNWMtYjViZjIzNTdjYjU0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

It just dawned on me.. this is a repeat of how Alice Cooper got used at HHN.. Hollywood had Alice Cooper: Welcome To My Nightmare in 2011, then in 2012, Orlando got Alice Cooper: Welcome To My Nightmare whereas Hollywood got the sequel maze, Alice Cooper Goes To Hell 3D.. This is only the 2nd time that Hollywood started off with an IP, then it became a shared IP the following year with Orlando presenting their take on the IP whereas Hollywood presents a sequel to the IP..

Tbh, i think im the only onee hyped for thos maze. Ill take any wolfman maze over that 2011 hoh overlay.
Nah I’m right there with you, wolfman is my favorite monster next to Dracula, any maze that gives him some shine is a plus in my book.

I just don't get why we have two dang music mazes. Y'all couldn't do a proper UCM maze with no Slash? Or an original fun maze with no Figure?

I just don't get why we have two dang music mazes. Y'all couldn't do a proper UCM maze with no Slash? Or an original fun maze with no Figure?
Honestly I don’t have a problem with them teaming up with music producers to make original soundtracks for the mazes. They make them feel like they have their own personalities and adds to the overall feel of the maze. I’d rather there be new music for their originals since it’s kind of hard to find stock music that gets the exact feel you want across. Also slash’s score for UCM last year kicked ass so I’m extremely excited that he’s back.

They're not even shoving Slash's involvement in your face. It's a subtle continuation, one I appreciate given the quality of the score last year.

At least they didn't kill 2 birds with 1 stone and have Figure score for this maze as well. Sorta go back to 2012 and 2013's Universal Monsters Remix vibe. I'm glad Slash was brought back to continue the score, and I'm looking forward to when the new music is released.

It's not like Black Sabbath or Alice Cooper, where the music is the focus, right? They're just bringing people on to score a maze. Nothing wrong with that if it means they get to be original with the maze itself?

at first i though slash was a weird choice for a monster maze, but the music in the maze was Amazing, perfect mixture of goth and rock.

I'm in the minority, but I didn't dig the music for the maze.
I prefer my UCM spooky and gloomy, no rock whatsoever.
Definitely not EDM.
Tonally, I thought the maze was "meh." Again, super minority. But I prefer scary, not "cool." If ya can do both (AVP) then even better. The La Llorona maze's tone and music is how I feel the monsters should be treated. I don't think any of the original mazes have had any trouble finding music thus far.
It tested well, ofcourse Slash (and Figure) will come back.
I'd love to see it tested without it also, and ask people specifically about the music in surveys. Will it skew the other way?
My complaints are from my paradigm. Obviously I'd complain about it.
Ofcourse I don't get it. That's not finding a reason, that's being myself. And sticking with what I've been saying for years, and especially last year.
I'm not fickle like some of the others on here complaining about black walls but then loving the mazes with most of the black walls simply because it has some Invisible Man in it.
I stand by my POV. Always..............
Unless it changes lol

I'm not fickle like some of the others on here complaining about black walls but then loving the mazes with most of the black walls simply because it has some Invisible Man in it.
I stand by my POV. Always..............
Unless it changes lol
I guess I'll bring up my Black wall video.

7. Halloween 4: 21 Seconds
6. The First Purge: 1 Minute
5. Stranger Things: 1 Minute
4. Universal Monsters: 1 Minute and 4 Seconds
3. Trick 'r Treat: 1 Minute and 40 Seconds
2. The Horrors of Blumhouse V2: 2 Minutes
1. Poltergeist: 2 Minutes and 24 Seconds

The reason why people loved Monsters so much is because there was a intense amount of detail and care given to it that the other mazes lacked. The music was often well done and complimented the scenes. It often fit really well. Keep in mind this is a modern version of the Universal Monsters. And yet it's not dubstep and yet it fits.

People loved that maze because of the care. I loved Poltergeist because even though it had the most black walls the stuff that was there insanely made up for it. Where as the other mazes what was there didn't really make up for it and most of them (for me at least) ranged on a scale of Okay - Bad aside from Poltergeist and Monsters.

There's a lot to Monsters and I'm excited for this year's maze. Like really excited and it sounds really great. That's really just all I got to say.

Honestly, I would say all the mazes last year except The First Purge had a great deal of care to them. Sure UCM had more passion involved considering it had quite a few easter eggs, but every maze was strong all around in every department.
Whether you boogied to them is a different story.
Any one of those mazes could be someone's favorite and I'd totally understand their POV.