Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

MSHI Expansion?

Because a Marvel movie is in talks of possibly hitting $3 billion and becoming the highest grossing movie ever.

If Avatar got a whole land from it becoming the highest grossing movie ever and Marvel is actually way more popular,
giphy.gif

JP would’ve been fine just getting the same update as Hollywood. The Avengers would’ve brought in the huge crowds.

They tried with that Iron Man concept and it didn’t work out. They were obviously trying to produce something but they’re now back to square one and unfortunately, other projects have now jumped in front of it as they need to keep building to stay competitive.

The want to build something is obviously there but it’s missed it’s spot but I think it’s a good sign that something is in the pipeline.

The box office of Avengers would have nothing to do with bringing in more people to a ride.
With how many people obviously like the Avengers a new Avengers ride would’ve indeed brought people to the park.
They tried with that Iron Man concept and it didn’t work out. They were obviously trying to produce something but they’re now back to square one and unfortunately, other projects have now jumped in front of it as they need to keep building to stay competitive.

The want to build something is obviously there but it’s missed it’s spot but I think it’s a good sign that something is in the pipeline.
The Iron Man ride was definitely interesting.

I’m still wondering though why they weren’t coming up with something including the whole Avengers team.

People like the avengers no matter what. An avengers ride would bring people next year or 5 years from now. Making it to coincide with End Game would make no difference in attendance.

People like the avengers no matter what. An avengers ride would bring people next year or 5 years from now. Making it to coincide with End Game would make no difference in attendance.
It still could’ve brought a bit of a hype boost and marketing would’ve loved the opportunity to jump on it. Go on the ride then see the movie in CityWalk.

It’s just a missed opportunity imo. Disney too. The fact they have nothing amazing yet that’s Marvel related astounds me.

It still could’ve brought a bit of a hype boost and marketing would’ve loved the opportunity to jump on it. Go on the ride then see the movie in CityWalk.

It’s just a missed opportunity imo. Disney too. The fact they have nothing amazing yet that’s Marvel related astounds me.

With Endgame, it does feel like an end of an era almost but I don’t think that Marvel is close to being done yet and with the Fox deal, if Universal don’t want to miss out like this again, a Fantastic Four or X men ride could be something to aim for if the timelines match up.

Strong disagree. Disney missed the boat much more than Universal in this scenario.

With Endgame, it does feel like an end of an era almost but I don’t think that Marvel is close to being done yet and with the Fox deal, if Universal don’t want to miss out like this again, a Fantastic Four or X men ride could be something to aim for if the timelines match up.
Of course they aren't done. I still contend there will be more Avengers films to come in the not-to-distant future.

Strong disagree. Disney missed the boat much more than Universal in this scenario.
Have any of the Potter lands/Attractions opened with a movie? A movie opening makes no difference to popularity. It wouldn’t create any kind of substantial increase in attendance. Marvel will be popular 5 years from now no problems.

Because a Marvel movie is in talks of possibly hitting $3 billion and becoming the highest grossing movie ever.

If Avatar got a whole land from it becoming the highest grossing movie ever and Marvel is actually way more popular,

JP would’ve been fine just getting the same update as Hollywood. The Avengers would’ve brought in the huge crowds.
I can see your point...I think Universal is just on a different wavelength at the moment...It seems they are trying to boost/synergize their own properties (and HP of course)

I think their internal argument may be that Avengers is the last good Marvel film as well as merch/FB sales being strong in the land

I could see an Avengers ride down the road though

Have any of the Potter lands/Attractions opened with a movie? A movie opening makes no difference to popularity. It wouldn’t create any kind of substantial increase in attendance. Marvel will be popular 5 years from now no problems.

:lol:
Hogsmeade opened 5 months before Deathly Hallows and less than a year after Half Blood Prince.
They quite literally opened the WWoHP in its cinematic prime and at the tail end of it’s movie run.

What other franchise across the street is doing the exact same thing I wonder...

That was a terrible example. :lmao:

Hogsmeade opened 5 months before Deathly Hallows and less than a year after Half Blood Prince.
They quite literally opened the WWoHP in its cinematic prime and at the tail end of it’s movie run.

What other franchise across the street is doing the exact same thing I wonder...

Son of a. Googled it and read 2014 but that was Hogwarts Express. My bad. Should have clicked not making sense that recent.

The Epcot Guardians coaster will also be opening around the time of the next movie.

I wonder how much of the hesitation is that they can't use the MCU versions. Maybe their surveys are loaded with people complaining that it's not the MCU hulk or Spidey. If thats the case, throwing a few hundred million at a "fake avengers" ride may be harder to get greenlit.

As for why JP got the coaster, maybe they were listening to the complaints about losing DD, and wanted to put a more thrilling coaster in knowing that Hagrid was going to be more family friendly. JP is really the only place they have the room for a coaster at this point without wholesale changes to a land.