Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights Auditions

GA-MBIT

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2017
Isle Delfino
Hey, I was wondering if there was any place I could get information on how to audition to become a scareactor for this year’s HHN. I’ve heard open auditions are traditionally in late May/Early June and I’ve made an account on the Universal Auditions site but I just want to make sure I’m not missing any other information. Thanks!

Hey, I was wondering if there was any place I could get information on how to audition to become a scareactor for this year’s HHN. I’ve heard open auditions are traditionally in late May/Early June and I’ve made an account on the Universal Auditions site but I just want to make sure I’m not missing any other information. Thanks!

That’s pretty much all there is to it. Make sure you’re signed up for email updates that will just help to make sure you see when they are posted. After that all you have to do is submit for it, wait to see if you get an audition slot, and if you do just show up in something that shows your body type since it’s a type casting and be ready to say your name and your favorite scary movie / favorite Halloween candy / etc etc lol

Once you get an audition, the casting directors are looking at you for two things:

1). Can you follow instructions? When they say, “State your name and favorite horror movie, then please step back in line” do exactly that; don’t do anything extra.

2). Body type. As mentioned above, they’re going to have a list of roles they’re casting for based on height, weight, gender, etc. Last year auditions were based on heights. For example, I attended the cast member auditions for 5’ 8” - 6’.

Edit: Thought of one other tip - wear good fitting clothes. Both times I’ve been cast I was wearing tight fitting cut off jean shorts and a good fitting horror related t-shirt. Don’t wear loose or baggy clothes and definitely don’t wear make up or a costume.

If you have not done so, go back and update your profile as they have just added more things you may need to tick off or images to add. This year they are asking for a full-body photo so they can see your body type and visible tattoos to help them make decisions in who to bring in for auditions. TM only sign-ups went up a few days ago so make sure to check back soon, and be logged in when you do, so you check to see when HHN auditions are opened up to the public.

Just letting you all know that reunion auditions are taking place this weekend. Open auditions will happen next.

Anyone who's been thinking about auditioning should keep their eyes on the auditions page for the public audition announcement. I haven't heard of a date yet but I am guessing later this month or next month will be when those go up.

Second round of TM auditions happens May 21st, then I assume they’ll be moving on to general auditions.
Yes, the 21st should be the last of TM auditions before it's opened up to the public. I'm not sure if they'll open up auditions right away or if there will be a short delay between final TM auditions and public ones.

so I normally just follow these forums, but I have a quick question if anyone could answer it regarding the sign-up!

I already have an audition profile through Universal due to previous auditions. I updated it last week but realized after signing-up today that I still needed to post a full body shot and to update my height. Since I updated it after I signed-up will I still be good? I'm just trying to be sure that they do not submit that immediate profile to the show directors and instead show them the current/updated version.

also quick side question: I signed up for the 5'7-5'9 range (last time I was at the doctor's this year they said 5'7), but once I checked later tonight I sat at 5'6 1/2 (without shoes) on my roommates tape, will this be an issue? I thought I could go off of what my doctor said since I didn't have a measuring tape on hand, but we checked once I was home from work and now I'm stressing. I've been waiting for this since November 4th so please excuse all of my questions!

so I normally just follow these forums, but I have a quick question if anyone could answer it regarding the sign-up!

I already have an audition profile through Universal due to previous auditions. I updated it last week but realized after signing-up today that I still needed to post a full body shot and to update my height. Since I updated it after I signed-up will I still be good? I'm just trying to be sure that they do not submit that immediate profile to the show directors and instead show them the current/updated version.

also quick side question: I signed up for the 5'7-5'9 range (last time I was at the doctor's this year they said 5'7), but once I checked later tonight I sat at 5'6 1/2 (without shoes) on my roommates tape, will this be an issue? I thought I could go off of what my doctor said since I didn't have a measuring tape on hand, but we checked once I was home from work and now I'm stressing. I've been waiting for this since November 4th so please excuse all of my questions!

I wouldn’t stress about your height. As for the update in your profile, I don’t think anyone can help; it’s the first year they’re doing auditions this way.

I’m actually curious what happens after you select your height group and hit apply. I didn’t proceed because I don’t think I could make an audition until the end of June or early July. Are audition dates and times listed?

I wouldn’t stress about your height. As for the update in your profile, I don’t think anyone can help; it’s the first year they’re doing auditions this way.

I’m actually curious what happens after you select your height group and hit apply. I didn’t proceed because I don’t think I could make an audition until the end of June or early July. Are audition dates and times listed?
After you hit your height group and apply you’re put in the system to be looked at by the Show Directors. You’ll then either be invited to an audition (smaller groups than previous) or from what I’ve heard some people have just gotten emails being told no straight up.

After you hit your height group and apply you’re put in the system to be looked at by the Show Directors. You’ll then either be invited to an audition (smaller groups than previous) or from what I’ve heard some people have just gotten emails being told no straight up.
With smaller groups are they actually, you know, auditioning again? Where you have to improvise?

If you need to change something on your profile after it's submitted the changes will occur and the Show Directors will see the changes. So if You need to add a head-shot or full body shot they will see that addition after you've submitted. Don't worry about 1/2" differences in height, they usually aren't so strict that you have to be an exact height.

With smaller groups are they actually, you know, auditioning again? Where you have to improvise?
No, they are not making people improvise. They have groups line up in the audition room, they ask you to step forward, state your name, and ask a basic question and then you're sent out to the holding area in case they call anyone back in to talk to them one-on-one, then you're done.