Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open)

The only problem is that the heartline would be far off. It’s easy to go from stand-up to floorless as they’re relatively close, but sit-down to floorless could cause some issues. Also, the floor combs would increase maintenance and reduce reliability, so I don’t think they’d go for that.

You could be right re the heartline but I would suggest that could be corrected in the design before they even started construction. I'm not saying it will be but it wouldn't surprise me if it was - plus I don't know of any floorless coasters currently in China.

Maintenance wise I've never heard of the floorless coaster model being less reliable and prone to more costs so I'll take your word for it.

You could be right re the heartline but I would suggest that could be corrected in the design before they even started construction. I'm not saying it will be but it wouldn't surprise me if it was - plus I don't know of any floorless coasters currently in China.

Maintenance wise I've never heard of the floorless coaster model being less reliable and prone to more costs so I'll take your word for it.
Changing the heartline would cause new problems such as redesigning supports and might create some clearance issues. As for the maintenance increase, going floorless gives it many new moving parts which can jam or break in general.

Although, it might just be the angle, but the shaping on the roll looks a bit different from Hulk's roll.

Part of me thinks it could be possible, more in part due to it being made from the ground up. And as a result, Universal and B&M would be able to tackle the situation head on, understanding how they handled it from Hulk.

Likely? Probably not, but it wouldn't shock me if it happened.

So I was a sent a old promotional video for USB and can anyone tell me at least three things wrong with this clip....

wHVS23I.png

To bring this up here..

So I just saw a Jurassic World themed ride vehicle at a fabrications company I deliver to in Rhode Island... Didn't take a picture because I don't want to lose my job.

It had either 12 or 15 seats. I don't remember if it had 3 rows of 5 seats or 3 rows of 4 seats. It was blue and it had the Jurassic park t-rex skeleton type logo on it. On the vehicle were the initials JW (Jurassic World) with random numbers after the initials. It also had headlights. It almost looks like a Spider-Man ride vehicle but slightly bigger. There was several other of these ride vehicles dismantled and being worked on in the building.

I asked a woman who works there if the ride vehicles are for Universal Studios. I knew she wasn't going to say yes or no but I figured what the heck I'll ask anyway. She said she couldn't release that information but she did say they will be shipped far away from Rhode Island.

Anybody know what these ride vehicles are for and why Universal contracts work all the way here in Rhode Island? I posted this in this thread because I didn't know where else to put this plus these ride vehicles may be for this attraction. Anyone have any more info on this?

Are they doing two JW coasters? The Hulk "clone" and that dome don't appear to be the same coaster.