Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

Ok my point though is this just my opinion Reign Of Kong Skull Island was basically a larger clone of Kong 3D 360 in Hollywood I’m not sure why anyone doesn’t agree with me on that. And here’s the ride rating if you buy it. It got a 2.5 rating not if it means anything to anybody else on this forum.

Skull Island: Reign of Kong | Orlando Informer
There's an IU thread with Reviews of Reign of Kong. You might want to check it out. It has more in depth reviews than you'll find on any other internet site. :thumbsup:

Is it possible the reign of Kong skull island will get a overhaul makeover because I just read on Orlando Rising that Fast and the Furious supercharged which uses the same ride system as Kong got rated one of the worst rides ever.

Just because a ride shares a similar ride system with another, does NOT mean both are getting a overhaul due to one of them being abysmal.

Kong is honestly a very nice attraction, from the ride to the queue, and of course the killer AA of the big guy himself, it's a wonderful total package.

FatF is....none of that. There's a clear difference in quality and ratings between the two. If there's going to be a overhaul, it's going to FatF because even Uni clearly knows it's not doing well at all. Just because FatF is sucking bogwater, doesn't mean they're going to drag Kong down with the ship.

I do hope they eventually remove the 3D glasses though make the screens 4K.
What? Are you the same Universal executive who thought removing 3D from DM:MM was a good idea who logs in to run your terrible ideas by the forum? Removing 3D from Kong would be disastrous for the immersion of the ride. Honestly I don't even want to put this idea out there in the atmosphere right now particularly since Kong, in its current form, is a perfectly wonderful attraction. The ride system is spot-on for the experience and setting and the 3D animation looks beautiful.

Ok my point though is this just my opinion Reign Of Kong Skull Island was basically a larger clone of Kong 3D 360 in Hollywood I’m not sure why anyone doesn’t agree with me on that. And here’s the ride rating if you buy it. It got a 2.5 rating not if it means anything to anybody else on this forum.

Kong at least expanded on the Universal Hollywood experience, included an extremely impressive AA, and to Orlando audiences, the 360 tunnel was new. People who hate screen-based, 3D rides are never going to like it, but I don't ascribe to the belief that screens automatically result in a poor ride. It all depends on how those elements are utilized, and AAs can be utilized in a lazy way.

And in F&F, the screens are lazy. It adds nothing to the Hollywood experience that was 3 years old at that point. The CGI looks bad. And any guest who had ridden Kong would notice the ride system is the same. There's no new twist, and the negative reaction shows that guests know it's a lazily-built attraction.

It's especially galling that this was how they chose to represent an action-oriented franchise with so many possibilities inside a theme park. The movies are essentially thrill rides and you give people a lazy motion simulator on a party bus?