Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

Nicely worded re Kong’s trackless no rail system :)

Please does anyone know if the scare actor(s) is/are careful not to scare children in the queue ie target adults only?

I loved this ride, but hesitate to recommend to friends in case scare actors scare their children...

They will go after kids, but just have them walk on the left of the queue between an adult. FWIW last time I visited the scare actor was not there.

Please does anyone know if the scare actor(s) is/are careful not to scare children in the queue ie target adults only?

I am actually going to ask a TM when we are there in two weeks because my 12-year-old hates this. We've seen the SA cross the queue after coming out a door on the left and going into the little "island" in the center that you walk around. He was wearing a huge black cape with hood and did not jump out that time. This was around 10:00 AM so maybe that's their starting time?

Other times, I have my kid walk on the left and look to the left. It has worked every time except once when my wife looked to the right, saw the SA just standing there with his arms crossed, and screamed. Then the kid screams! It was pretty hilarious, but they are just not into that stuff (they don't do HHN, obviously).

I need a way around this - we'll ask, and try the backstage tour as well.

I am actually going to ask a TM when we are there in two weeks because my 12-year-old hates this. We've seen the SA cross the queue after coming out a door on the left and going into the little "island" in the center that you walk around. He was wearing a huge black cape with hood and did not jump out that time. This was around 10:00 AM so maybe that's their starting time?

Other times, I have my kid walk on the left and look to the left. It has worked every time except once when my wife looked to the right, saw the SA just standing there with his arms crossed, and screamed. Then the kid screams! It was pretty hilarious, but they are just not into that stuff (they don't do HHN, obviously).

I need a way around this - we'll ask, and try the backstage tour as well.
if you ever stay at the express hotels, the Express line for Kong bypasses the SA areas.

We did that last year, but are staying at CBBR this year.
We'll be at Royal Pacific (got a good price on a suite I booked early, then they just about doubled the price recently. I wouldn't have paid that price), and then we're moving over to CBBR for the last three nights. Looks like we're going to have pretty nice weather, according to Accu Weather. Last year we never saw the sun during the 10 days we were there at the end of May. That damn tropical storm hovered over the Caribbean the whole trip, then unleashed on us the morning we drove home. Northern Florida, Georgia and SC were a pain to drive through.

We'll be at Royal Pacific (got a good price on a suite I booked early, then they just about doubled the price recently. I wouldn't have paid that price), and then we're moving over to CBBR for the last three nights. Looks like we're going to have pretty nice weather, according to Accu Weather. Last year we never saw the sun during the 10 days we were there at the end of May. That damn tropical storm hovered over the Caribbean the whole trip, then unleashed on us the morning we drove home. Northern Florida, Georgia and SC were a pain to drive through.

Good show. Hope that continues. You'll be staying at a place that I have been thinking of scheduling recently. It looks like a beautiful resort. I'm sure that Kong will be there to save you from the bad dinosaurs.

Good show. Hope that continues. You'll be staying at a place that I have been thinking of scheduling recently. It looks like a beautiful resort. I'm sure that Kong will be there to save you from the bad dinosaurs.
Thanks...I've been to both of them a couple of vacations. Every now & then we mix up the hotels, from our Portofino stand by, to keep the vacations fresh. I've been to all, except Hard Rock. Can't take that music 24/7 :lol:. RP has a nice south seas ambiance, plus Express Pass, and a really nice pool with good ambiance. Cabana Bay is fabulous for it's price range.

Yeah. it's looking good - I'm keeping a close eye on the weather, too. :)

I hope we run into you guys! When you leaving for home? I'm a Spurs fan and am hoping to catch the European Cup at NBC Grill on June 1. :clap:

I already called - only walk-ups that day. We saw MU win the FA Cup there a few years ago - it was crowded but we still got a seat during the second half (I don't particularly care to watch them so we weren't even paying attention that the game was that day). We should be able to get a good booth this year! :dance:

:topic:

FWIW last time I visited the scare actor was not there.

Same for me. It was around 8:30AM though, so I probably just missed their start time.

For what it's worth, I brought a newbie to Universal and she wanted to go on Kong again. Not enough to wait 80 minutes in the afternoon, but she definitely liked it.