Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

How come we haven't seen pics of construction in Japan's Super Nintendo World like we have already been with Hollywood and any construction project in Orlando?

I think it comes down to who is around in Japan snapping photos (if any) of construction updates.

This board is very Orlando and Hollywood focused and relies on lots of board members (and a guy who likes to take lots of helicopter rides over Orlando and takes lots of pictures) for the updates we see. Not sure of how many people there are in Japan that are taking construction photos.

That being said, there is this site I check from time to time that happens to post photos (they're just few and far between)

Universal Studios Japan expansion construction updates

Everyone go see Detective Pikachu this weekend so we can fast track that KidZone replacement!

Thanks in advance!

Eh, next weekend's plan. I'm going to go straight to UO and hand them my money this weekend. Seems like a more strategic method of encouraging them to keep the lights on.

It’s exactly the same size and shape as the cancelled KidZone plans. EXACTLY the same.

Excluding Hollywood's size (due to that it's being truncated for now to the Stages22-25/28 plot), yup. It's pretty much to that level; so I actually have to wonder if something may of happened.

Part of me wonders even, if Osaka was potentially planning on doing multiple phases for Nintendo, as actually seen in a sense when you look at what they did for Minion Park at USJ.

Excluding Hollywood's size (due to that it's being truncated for now to the Stages22-25/28 plot), yup. It's pretty much to that level; so I actually have to wonder if something may of happened.

Part of me wonders even, if Osaka was potentially planning on doing multiple phases for Nintendo, as actually seen in a sense when you look at what they did for Minion Park at USJ.
The real question is, if Japan is in fact getting the Donkey Kong Coaster, was it saved for phase two because:

A: They wanted to get the land done in time for 2020 Olympics, so saved that for later to focus on rest of land.

B: The rumors that the boom patent didn’t work out were true and they needed longer to rework the concept.

This was spotted at the Setpoint plant (I believe) back in March
image2.jpg
image0.jpg
image1.jpg

I assumed it would be for this concept they had, although it's very similar to DK
306247b6229ebabfc70b7509b370a1c9.png