Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

Was at Disney all day yesterday just to get a feel for crowd control. I thought it was going to be slammed but lines were all short wait times and navigating was a breeze. Seems like GE opening spooked a lot of people. Also most AP are blacked out. I’ll be going on Thursday to see The land. The more videos I see the more impressed I am with the execution. Looking forward to shape my own view once I experience it. Food wise theme parks are hit or miss for me because I am vegetarian. This means limited options but I will see what they do have to offer. Hopefully summer won’t be so miserable when they “open” the land to everyone.

Bio might be back in California. I wonder if he’s back for a trip to see Galaxy’s Edge or he’s posting photos from his recent trip.

Also:

WHAT?!?!

Right?
I'm reading reports that depending on the Cast Member/Citizen of Batuu you can't even just wear the clothing pieces from Black Spire Outfitters over your regular clothing.

I don't know if anyone else feels the same way about this - but this was one of the things that really bummed me out about the new land. When the first announcement came out about the overall immersion of the land and how you'd be able to interact with it I was thrilled because I go all in for this sort of thing (my first visit to Hogsmeade, I saw other guests walking around in robes and that day I threw down a couple hundred dollars in merch within the hour and wore it dorkily but happily in the Florida heat).

I'm the sort of fan that wants to play around and take pictures "in-universe", experiencing these world like I'm part of it, not just a spectator - so my hopes were super high expecting Galaxy's Edge to Plus what Universal did and just blow it out of the water - and it looks like here at least for people like me it fell flat.

( I mean, I used to work in the park too so I get the costumes policy for adults - but we used to enforce it if someone tried getting in looking like a specific character so that guests wouldn't be confused. Someone wearing robes with a lanyard around their neck over jeans and sneakers shouldn't count.)
But heck was I so ready to drop some serious cash and throw all my money at Galaxy's Edge - now, I'm not so sure if I'm gonna spend as much on merch as I normally would, if I just have to carry around my purchases and wait til I go home :/

Was at Disney all day yesterday just to get a feel for crowd control. I thought it was going to be slammed but lines were all short wait times and navigating was a breeze. Seems like GE opening spooked a lot of people. Also most AP are blacked out. I’ll be going on Thursday to see The land. The more videos I see the more impressed I am with the execution. Looking forward to shape my own view once I experience it. Food wise theme parks are hit or miss for me because I am vegetarian. This means limited options but I will see what they do have to offer. Hopefully summer won’t be so miserable when they “open” the land to everyone.
Consider also they raised the discounted ticket prices quite a lot. In may there were 5 day base tickets for $218 or so on undercover tourist. The same ticket is $314 and wont get you into star wars. I don't see how anyone would want to pay that much more for essentially no reason over either planning to go when tickets were cheaper waiting till they can get into SWL.

This sounds similar to when Cars Land opened. I went the day after it opened (also a Saturday) and while Cars Land was packed, the rest of the park had short lines. Seems anytime most APs and CMs are blacked out, the park is much more manageable.

I don't think those characters would fit in the land since the canon for this land is after Last Jedi. Vader is dead and Darth Maul is presumed to be dead now? (He was revived in comics/Clone wars, but this was 60+ years before so idk).;)

Maul is 100% dead. Obi-wan killed him (for good) on Tatooine between Ep. 3 and 4 in the Star Wars : Rebels animated series.

Mice Chat has a nice article on how empty both Disneyland & DCA were from Weds. through Sunday. Most of the major attractions were walk ons and they noted the park is really nice with it's lack of strollers clogging the streets. So, it kind of appears this reservation period will be the perfect time to visit both parks, especially if you don't have a reservation to GESWL. They said crowds resemble those of 20 or more years ago when the parks were more comfortable to visit than with the present day maddening crowds.

Mice Chat has a nice article on how empty both Disneyland & DCA were from Weds. through Sunday. Most of the major attractions were walk ons and they noted the park is really nice with it's lack of strollers clogging the streets. So, it kind of appears this reservation period will be the perfect time to visit both parks, especially if you don't have a reservation to GESWL. They said crowds resemble those of 20 or more years ago when the parks were more comfortable to visit than with the present day maddening crowds.

I think they scared away a lot of guests with unreasonable projections. I'm going to see how this weekend does, June 23, and when Rise of the Resistance opens. I could totally see this being the eye of the storm before the real crowds hit.

I think they scared away a lot of guests with unreasonable projections. I'm going to see how this weekend does, June 23, and when Rise of the Resistance opens. I could totally see this being the eye of the storm before the real crowds hit.
Oh it is going to suck anytime after June 23 and especially when RoTR opens. I am just grateful I can spend the next few weeks enjoying Disneyland while I can. I kept pinching myself last Saturday. I thought it was a dream.

Having watched a few of the Savi's workshop videos (build your own lightsaber) the one thing that I think they should do is hire an actor to lead the workshop. The guy in the videos I've seen seem like standard CMs going off of a script whereas I think they could deepen the immersion of the experience if you have an old/seasoned actor to just give much more weight to the performance.

Similar to the actors used in the wand choosing ceremony at Olivanders would give it that final little OOMPH to completely sell the experience.

Having watched a few of the Savi's workshop videos (build your own lightsaber) the one thing that I think they should do is hire an actor to lead the workshop. The guy in the videos I've seen seem like standard CMs going off of a script whereas I think they could deepen the immersion of the experience if you have an old/seasoned actor to just give much more weight to the performance.

Similar to the actors used in the wand choosing ceremony at Olivanders would give it that final little OOMPH to completely sell the experience.
The Ollivander wizards are 'excellent'. And I'm sure they've paid for their actor's wages many times over with increased wand sales resulting from those really entertaining theatrics. Plus guests leave with a really good feeling that's hard to replicate in a retail environment.