Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ride reservation system seems to be a good balance between the two....I think Dumbo is a great example of theming a holding area and Fallon is a great example as well....The answer is there somewhere

Personally, I like Tapu Tapu and think VB is all the better for it

I do think they have some reteaching to do in terms of queues....It can work like a restaurant if they approach it right

Just saw King of the Monsters last night. Whoever makes that kind of spectacle into an attraction will change the game forever :bigeye:
Monarch Outpost 91-Orlando?

I liked it but Kong Skull Island felt like a better movie and heart. As a dumb monster mash? King of Monsters one definitely brought the goods.

Monarch Outpost 91-Orlando?

I liked it but Kong Skull Island felt like a better movie and heart. As a dumb monster mash? King of Monsters one definitely brought the goods.
Kong was my least favorite of the three even though it still had its moments. Peter Jackson’s was much better.

Do we know for sure officially that Fantastic Worlds will open with only 4 worlds. I know I’ve asked this before but I don’t think guests would want to come to a park that’s half opened with expansion pads left open. The possibility of 6 worlds at the park opening is lease likely?

Ah yes, the tread of partial hypothetical questions continue.

Roller Coaster Tycoon: The Ride.

So the ride ends with our lives being thrown to the wind? That's a typical Saturday for me.

__

A thought comes in, more in the realm of blue sky (as the thread title is)..

What if for the sake of keeping things immersive and not being able to see the other lands from within each other, the main entrance acts more within the confines of a enclosed environment?

It doesn't mean that the entire park would be indoors, but I would wonder if they would want to make an element of anticipation and excitement for what waits for guests.

Do we know for sure officially that Fantastic Worlds will open with only 4 worlds. I know I’ve asked this before but I don’t think guests would want to come to a park that’s half opened with expansion pads left open. The possibility of 6 worlds at the park opening is lease likely?
We barely know officially that they are even building a park. They have announced nothing regarding what's going in the park.

No hypothetical questions it’s all blue sky talk right? So all I’m saying why would guests want to go to Fantastic worlds where an empty plot of land will be for expansion and not want a full park at opening? We could already have 2 worlds their. Guests would be wondering why is their so much expansion space in the park? That’s why I said it wouldn’t make sense if the park was half open on opening day.

No hypothetical questions it’s all blue sky talk right? So all I’m saying why would guests want to go to Fantastic worlds where an empty plot of land will be for expansion and not want a full park at opening? We could already have 2 worlds their. Guests would be wondering why is their so much expansion space in the park? That’s why I said it wouldn’t make sense if the park was half open on opening day.
Expansion plots at theme parks are never noticibly visible. In between every nation at Epcot’s World Showcase was an expansion plot until Frozen opened, and no one ever notices.

We barely know officially that they are even building a park. They have announced nothing regarding what's going in the park.
Got ya I just think if indeed their will be a 3rd Park since it is not official I hope Universal will make the park full like with USF and IOA both parks did open with no potential expansion pads. 4 worlds just seem small to me I know lands are within the worlds. I just think guests don’t be totally satisfied with 4 worlds.

Got ya I just think if indeed their will be a 3rd Park since it is not official I hope Universal will make the park full like with USF and IOA both parks did open with no potential expansion pads. 4 worlds just seem small to me I know lands are within the worlds. I just think guests don’t be totally satisfied with 4 worlds.

Both IOA and USF still have unused expansion pads.

The idea behind the 'world' concept isn't that it's just a land. A world can incorporate several lands within. Every world could have 2 lands within, that's 8 lands, 4 worlds when it opens. It's going to be a tricky marketing exercise for sure.

Ah yes, the tread of partial hypothetical questions continue.

So the ride ends with our lives being thrown to the wind? That's a typical Saturday for me.

__

A thought comes in, more in the realm of blue sky (as the thread title is)..

What if for the sake of keeping things immersive and not being able to see the other lands from within each other, the main entrance acts more within the confines of a enclosed environment?

It doesn't mean that the entire park would be indoors, but I would wonder if they would want to make an element of anticipation and excitement for what waits for guests.

I really like this idea. I think USJ and DLP Studios, has an enclosed area but you can theme it so much better. That reveal that you get at Magic Kingdom and Diagon can be experienced for every world you enter. Plus you have the benefit of huge rain protection that Orlando would happily welcome.

Both IOA and USF still have unused expansion pads.
Hmmmm wow never knew that its odd that they said Fantastic Worlds will be Universal Orlando’s biggest park by looking on the expansion property map it doesn’t look like it at all from a distance. So maybe 4 worlds is enough at opening I don’t know. I go back to TPU’s article on which they said is Universal rolling out the wrong intellectual properties? Maybe Nintendo isn’t such a good idea for a 3rd park. Universal has sort of stepped away from their own IP’s like that’s why classic monsters is a good bet for FW over Nintendo. Movie based properties from Universal would be a bigger draw than video games that’s just my opinion. Universal needs to go back to their own library of films from their production company.

Hmmmm wow never knew that its odd that they said Fantastic Worlds will be Universal Orlando’s biggest park by looking on the expansion property map it doesn’t look like it at all from a distance. So maybe 4 worlds is enough at opening I don’t know. I go back to TPU’s article on which they said is Universal rolling out the wrong intellectual properties? Maybe Nintendo isn’t such a good idea for a 3rd park. Universal has sort of stepped away from their own IP’s like that’s why classic monsters is a good bet for FW over Nintendo. Movie based properties from Universal would be a bigger draw than video games that’s just my opinion. Universal needs to go back to their own library of films from their production company.

:eek:O:

The idea behind the 'world' concept isn't that it's just a land. A world can incorporate several lands within. Every world could have 2 lands within, that's 8 lands, 4 worlds when it opens. It's going to be a tricky marketing exercise for sure.

I really like this idea. I think USJ and DLP Studios, has an enclosed area but you can theme it so much better. That reveal that you get at Magic Kingdom and Diagon can be experienced for every world you enter. Plus you have the benefit of huge rain protection that Orlando would happily welcome.

I agree I just wish Universal can go back to their own library one bring classic monsters and you have movies like even voyage of doctor doolitle if it does well with Robert Downey Jr could have its own future attraction. Secret life of Pets should come to UO but at USF I think. I’m saying universal should be like Disney and stick with their own IP’s. The only successful IP that’s not Universal is Harry Potter from Warner Bros. Fast and the furious is universal but it crashed big time. Again that should’ve been more test track. It’s also by the way how they’re creating the attractions. Universal needs to go back to riding the movies. 3D glasses and projected screens won’t fly in Fantastic worlds. I’m not hating on Nintendo I just don’t think it needs to be the main focus of attention at the 3rd gate. It needs to be a Universal owned IP.

Going from Universal's recent offerings, Potter has been their standout additions. I think Nintendo will be hammering Universal for the same kind of quality and it has the potential to offering something equally great. Unviersal's own offerings from their own IPs like Fallon and F&F haven't really delivered as well as they could.

Computer games might not be as popular as movies when it comes to entertainment but Nintendo is king and a great computer game based land is far better than an average movie IP based land.

On top of that, they have 4 lands, why not mix it up? If they wanted all movies, they might as well call it Universal Studios 2.0.

I agree I just wish Universal can go back to their own library one bring classic monsters and you have movies like even voyage of doctor doolitle if it does well with Robert Downey Jr could have its own future attraction. Secret life of Pets should come to UO but at USF I think. I’m saying universal should be like Disney and stick with their own IP’s.

If you have 4 world to create, what else would you pick besides Monsters?

I agree I just wish Universal can go back to their own library one bring classic monsters and you have movies like even voyage of doctor doolitle if it does well with Robert Downey Jr could have its own future attraction. Secret life of Pets should come to UO but at USF I think. I’m saying universal should be like Disney and stick with their own IP’s.

giphy.gif

Ok I guess your right Universal doesn’t need to stick with their own IP’s. I like Nintendo I just want it do well I feel like it will be a letdown like Fast and the furious supercharged which needs to be upgraded ASAP or just changed totally go down for a refurb. If I were to do Nintendo I wouldn’t have any 3D or projected screens. I’d have the same tech as what their doing with despicable me and making it 2D but with great visuals 4K like. As for lord of the rings and Star Trek ok I know they’re not coming according to you guys. They’re not universal. But you know how many visitors would be willing to come to those themed worlds? You can have a Gandalf and Bilbo meet & greet. Spock & Captain Kirk can be dressed up as actors walking around the park.

This is a bad take. There is nothing left in Universals IPs bigger than Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.