Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Howl-O-Scream 2019

May 8, 2017
From Screamscape:

"Howl-O-Scream could possibly become free for some or all annual passholders this season. The move could be a smart one, as HOS in Tampa has always kind of played second fiddle to Universal's Halloween Horror Nights. In light of rumored budget cutting to the event over the past few seasons, a move like this could bring more bodies in through the gates and increase in-park sales during the event nights.

While not part of the same company, Carowinds in Charlotte, NC made a similar switch several years ago, and made the hard-ticket SCarowinds haunt event also free for their Gold level passholders and has seen much success and bigger crowds ever since due to the park's huge annual passholder base."

Their other events are "free" I suppose...There are a lot of logistical things regarding a Halloween event without a hard ticket, one of which is making clear that scary things will be coming out at 5 haha....It would also give them an excuse to cut hours down for the event

I believe it's free for BGW correct?

I can really see both sides of the argument

I think keeping it as an after hours event and still charging extra for regular visitors but making it free just for annual passholders is what Screamscape was saying. That way you can avoid the whole issue about not wanting to ramp things up too much whilst kids are still in the park.

I think keeping it as an after hours event and still charging extra for regular visitors but making it free just for annual passholders is what Screamscape was saying. That way you can avoid the whole issue about not wanting to ramp things up too much whilst kids are still in the park.
Behind the Thrills was postulating that it would all be free, or rather, included in your admission...It would make sense

I believe it's free for BGW correct?

Yes, BGW is free with all admissions so there are tons of strollers and "pose with the scary guy" moments with kids way too young.

I'm hoping this is really just a perk for some levels of passholders and not just free for all passes and day tickets.

Yes, BGW is free with all admissions so there are tons of strollers and "pose with the scary guy" moments with kids way too young.

I'm hoping this is really just a perk for some levels of passholders and not just free for all passes and day tickets.
I could see the issue with it being free...HOS has taken a step down recently and I think they're trying to address what to do with it....Clearly it's a money maker for them

Has it not already?
Well that's up for debate I suppose. BGT's HOS may not be quite what it used to be but it's still undoubtedly one of the best theme park halloween events in the world. It would get a lot more praise if it wasn't so close to HHN. (Although having said that a lot of people do still prefer HOS to HHN)

Well that's up for debate I suppose. BGT's HOS may not be quite what it used to be but it's still undoubtedly one of the best theme park halloween events in the world. It would get a lot more praise if it wasn't so close to HHN. (Although having said that a lot of people do still prefer HOS to HHN)
I used to as well

BRING BACK DEATH JOCKEY

Seriously though, pretty cool to see them dusting off their old icons. I wonder if they'll have a presence at the event or if they're just using them to promote the 20th anniversary.

Wasn't there like a DJ at some point?

Kind of amazing how brazenly they're just doing the HHNXX thing.