Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 681 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So at this point the general consensus is that there are going to be softs Monday or none at all correct?

Yeah there were limited spots and this was going to be super quick going.
There were only 42 slots, which is probably the dumbest thing I have ever heard. As a marketing strategy this is one big huge fail. Would have been better just to distribute them in house. Now all people are messaging about isn't the ride, but how idiotic this was. Yes, everyone will ride it, and yes people will show up. Its just this particular piece of marketing was poorly thought out, and resulted in a reaction opposite of what it could have been.

There were only 42 slots, which is probably the dumbest thing I have ever heard. As a marketing strategy this is one big huge fail. Would have been better just to distribute them in house. Now all people are messaging about isn't the ride, but how idiotic this was. Yes, everyone will ride it, and yes people will show up. Its just this particular piece of marketing was poorly thought out, and resulted in a reaction opposite of what it could have been.

Ok sure yeah. It'll be forgotten by Friday.

Yeah, running out of time for TM Previews let alone a decent soft opening.
Should be interesting. Softs are not only for dry runs but also to test out how guests actually load and unload and if plans work as expected (TMs generally already know what to do). I know they modified HE loading several times due to the unexpected ways guests tried to board. Things that would seem straightforward can often have unexpected reactions - when I worked Disney when Pirates (FL) opened people actually got confused in the queue leading to some quick modifications. Unfortunately the one thing that happened during softs - boats went slower than expected once guests were in them leading to boats jamming at the merge - could never be fixed - eventually side-by-side loading was eliminated. (Another weird one - we had softs for Space Mountain for TMs AND guests at the same time - we were allowed to ride in costume though.)

Should be interesting. Softs are not only for dry runs but also to test out how guests actually load and unload and if plans work as expected (TMs generally already know what to do). I know they modified HE loading several times due to the unexpected ways guests tried to board. Things that would seem straightforward can often have unexpected reactions - when I worked Disney when Pirates (FL) opened people actually got confused in the queue leading to some quick modifications. Unfortunately the one thing that happened during softs - boats went slower than expected once guests were in them leading to boats jamming at the merge - could never be fixed - eventually side-by-side loading was eliminated.
The learning curve for the way the ride operates with guests is definitely part of the reason the park is bracing for tremendous lines.

Modified seating, unfortunately, sometimes works both ways. I've been seated in those modified seats for tall people on Gringotts a number of times. I'm just 5'8'', and my feet don't touch the floor in those seats. Even a pretty mild Gringotts ride becomes really rough, and uncomfortable, in those seats meant for larger people.

But where do you draw the line? So they make a seat that fits someone with a 50 inch waist, then someone with a 60 inch waist is offended. Also, to do that, those seats are probably not safe for smaller guests as the restraints will have to have more room in them. You'd have to have signs up saying those seats are only for larger guests which opens another can of worms. I'm not saying it's impossible to do, just not a simple "make bigger seats"

ASTM draws that line, usually.

Not speaking for Brian, but from my own experience there are LOTS of media outlets where their opinions are biased to always be good and positive so they keep getting invited back. Not to de-rail but one of my favorite unbiased reviews of recent times goes to this..

And if you want reviews that will always contain "awesome", go to the site that must not be named with a three letter acronym starting with T.

Those reviews are worth as much as the contents of the garbage can in that video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.