Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Modified seating, unfortunately, sometimes works both ways. I've been seated in those modified seats for tall people on Gringotts a number of times. I'm just 5'8'', and my feet don't touch the floor in those seats. Even a pretty mild Gringotts ride becomes really rough, and uncomfortable, in those seats meant for larger people.

Ohh yeah. That happened to me on Hulk. I was flying all over the place. Still not sure if it was fun or terrifying
Me and my elf sized friend actually asked for the back row of gringotts just for the foot dangling ride.

People didn't get something free and are complaining on Facebook about it? That's new....
It wasn't so much that at the insanely small number of slots available. It probably would have been better not to run the promo at all and hand them out in house. They had a grand total of... wait for it... 42. The idea behind a promotion is to get people excited about your product, but with that amount all they did was upset a lot of people... not the outcome for a promotion you want. (Yes, I understand its free, limited yada yada. But if the slots we're that few, it didn't even make sense to run the promotion. It would have been obvious the results. )

Well the problem is the system they use. Eventbrite is not the best website for these types of events.
Honestly I think Eventbrite is the best for these things. I’ve gotten into several of the events and also missed out on several. It seems very fair and the website usually seems pretty solid even when getting hit with lots of traffic. I really like that it lets you select the “tickets” and then holds them while you fill in all the info. If you’re lucky enough to “win” a slot it’s yours unlike other systems where it will make you think you’ve got something and then in the process it suddenly disappears because you weren’t fast enough. I also like that it allows people who decide they can’t go to cancel their tickets and then places them available again. It creates a second chance for anyone who’s really dedicated to keep refreshing and possibly still get a spot.

But it was 42. Don't you know what that means!!!!?
Sure it is the "Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything". ;)

If I worked for marketing I would have made it a contest. Sent in your email and 42 lucky winners will be able to attend the opening and will be able to kiss the floor the actors walked on.
And if I worked for Disney I would have them be able to buy a golden wand for just $10,000.- to make them feel even more special.

I agree , probably would have made more sense to make this a Facebook trivia contest picking random commenters vs a “ticket” system. The likelihood of getting a ticket would have been the same, but the expectation that you would actually get one would be much lower. Oh well.

Not to mention getting everyone’s email address would have been good for future marketing .

If I worked for marketing I would have made it a contest. Sent in your email and 42 lucky winners will be able to attend the opening and will be able to kiss the floor the actors walked on.
That's exactly what they used to do before they used Eventbrite. I think the Hulk re-opening might have been one of the last ones they did by email. It did set more of an expectation of a contest. Either way it's still a contest maybe if they just presented it that way upfront it would help. Most of the complaints I read were basically something to the effect of "I clicked on it right when it opened and I didn't get it". It's like people had this expectation that if they were there right on time it was almost guaranteed. When thousands likely tens of thousands of people are trying for 42 spots that are fist come fist serve it's literally going to come down to milliseconds and lots of variables like when you clicked refresh, internet speed and how fast you click the button. So it's part chance and part being really fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.