Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Ticket, RIP Tours, and Pass Information

I bought my Unmasking The Horror tickets several months ago when I booked from the Universal Orlando site. That might be an option for those who have yet to book. Might just be in the US though. Not sure.

The more I think about it, the more I think I should just spend the $300 and get Express for my two nights of HHN (Oct 17 and 18). Since nothing was announced for that Wednesday the 16th yet, it’s starting to look more and more like I’m just going to get two HHN nights instead of my typical 3 nights.

Since I would be buying the Express tickets separate from my admission ticket (I did the BOGO), would I still be able to buy the after 11pm Express in addition to the regular Express if I decided to do so? I know they always scan your admission ticket when you get the half Express, but there shouldn’t be anything tying my HHN admission ticket to my Express tickets. Just curious

The more I think about it, the more I think I should just spend the $300 and get Express for my two nights of HHN (Oct 17 and 18). Since nothing was announced for that Wednesday the 16th yet, it’s starting to look more and more like I’m just going to get two HHN nights instead of my typical 3 nights.

Since I would be buying the Express tickets separate from my admission ticket (I did the BOGO), would I still be able to buy the after 11pm Express in addition to the regular Express if I decided to do so? I know they always scan your admission ticket when you get the half Express, but there shouldn’t be anything tying my HHN admission ticket to my Express tickets. Just curious
October express will go up in price, now is the cheapest time to buy

October express will go up in price, now is the cheapest time to buy

It’s a lot of money when I’m used to just doing the After 11, but with only two nights guaranteed, it is what it is.

By any chance do you know if it is possible to have regular Express and also buy the After 11 Express at the event? I guess buying regular Express online with my account is the only connection to my BOGO tickets that I bought already.

It’s a lot of money when I’m used to just doing the After 11, but with only two nights guaranteed, it is what it is.

By any chance do you know if it is possible to have regular Express and also buy the After 11 Express at the event? I guess buying regular Express online with my account is the only connection to my BOGO tickets that I bought already.
Never tried to double up on express but don't think it is possible unless you have a friend going? They don't check ID for Express!

Bought my UTH tour earlier today online on the HHN AP link, although I don't think there's an AP discount on UTH? Came out to just under $160 after tax for a 6-house tour on 9/8. I'm excited to finally do UTH again. I haven't done it in a few years. Did it for HHNXX and HHN25. I couldn't wait till HHN30, lol!

Still haven't bought my event ticket, though... and probably won't for a while. Will be getting FFP+ Express and I can't stomach the $500 just yet.

Previously when I bought late-night Express, they gave me a "new" ticket to scan for the night (wasn't good for admission, of course). So probably feasible if you buy in-park. Ultimately I think they're happy to take your money, just have to work around the institutional headaches.

Planning out my trip and it looks I might only get one night of HHN in this year - the final night, Nov 2. Anyone think I should go all out with RIP or just stick to express that night?

I attended the last night of 2014 with express and hit everything twice. I worked the final night of 2017 and remember it being slammed. What was last year’s turn out like?

I’d really like to attend HHN multiple nights, but I’m contracted for a production in Sept/Oct/Nov. 1 with only Columbus Day weekend off. Think I might want to avoid the crowds Columbus Day and hit Netherworld & a Thom Yorke concert in Atlanta instead of HHN.

I’m indecisive, so help? Please? :peace:

Does the Scareactor Dining work basically like Stay & Scream, or is the food served later in the night?
Was planning to go to Springfield and eat there, but the dining isn't too expensive, so it would be a good alternative if so.

It’s a buffet so the food is ready when you walk in, and if you can get in one of the earlier seatings you can get out with the S&S crowd.

Planning out my trip and it looks I might only get one night of HHN in this year - the final night, Nov 2. Anyone think I should go all out with RIP or just stick to express that night?

I attended the last night of 2014 with express and hit everything twice. I worked the final night of 2017 and remember it being slammed. What was last year’s turn out like?

I’d really like to attend HHN multiple nights, but I’m contracted for a production in Sept/Oct/Nov. 1 with only Columbus Day weekend off. Think I might want to avoid the crowds Columbus Day and hit Netherworld & a Thom Yorke concert in Atlanta instead of HHN.

I’m indecisive, so help? Please? :peace:

If I were you I’d do RIP simply because I’ve never done RIP and I wanna do RIP.

If I were you I’d do RIP simply because I’ve never done RIP and I wanna do RIP.

Same! Plus our hotel and flight will be covered by reward points and I have comps for the park during the day. Only expenditure other than food and drinks are the HHN passes. I’m just wondering if it’s worth it on the final day.

I did RIP last year and found that it wasn’t worth the price difference over Express for me. But I was doing multiple nights too. If I just had one night only, then RIP might be more worthwhile

Has the scareactor dining been removed from the site? I was planning to book it at the end of this month, but the dining options available are only Universal Dining plans.

I guess I waited too long and it sold out?

Never been to HHN before, if I plan to go this mid October, do tickets need to be bought now? Total newbie for HHN and never really followed it other than Tim Tracker vids, any advice is appreciated!

Never been to HHN before, if I plan to go this mid October, do tickets need to be bought now? Total newbie for HHN and never really followed it other than Tim Tracker vids, any advice is appreciated!

Depends... You going for a 1-day or multi-nights? They encourage you to buy early for savings, which is true - but also because mid-October is when the crowds are REALLY starting to get heavier, and a night may get sold out, or hit capacity.

Depends... You going for a 1-day or multi-nights? They encourage you to buy early for savings, which is true - but also because mid-October is when the crowds are REALLY starting to get heavier, and a night may get sold out, or hit capacity.

Not too sure. We'd be at Universal for a week so I guess multi nights. If tickets for this event are that hard to come by Id likely just buy 2 nights incase we love it that much. My hope was to buy for a night, then if we really like it go back another night during vacation. Since we're going to USF during the day almost overtime we are there we were hoping to go in there a couple nights at least. So ya, likely multi nights and would be staying on property if that matters at all when purchasing tickets.

Same! Plus our hotel and flight will be covered by reward points and I have comps for the park during the day. Only expenditure other than food and drinks are the HHN passes. I’m just wondering if it’s worth it on the final day.

I booked the non-private RIP tour for the last night in 2018 (November 3rd) and I have to say the park was absolutely slammed. We did Simpsons s&s and were able to get onto slaughter and blumhouse quickly, but it was clear the queues got out of hand once we got started on the tour. We tried using our lanyards to get a ride in on the mummy before leaving, but we walked out as soon as we saw how long the actual express line was. I'm sure you'd be able to do everything with express on that last day, but it was definitely worth it for me last year.

I booked the non-private RIP tour for the last night in 2018 (November 3rd) and I have to say the park was absolutely slammed. We did Simpsons s&s and were able to get onto slaughter and blumhouse quickly, but it was clear the queues got out of hand once we got started on the tour. We tried using our lanyards to get a ride in on the mummy before leaving, but we walked out as soon as we saw how long the actual express line was. I'm sure you'd be able to do everything with express on that last day, but it was definitely worth it for me last year.

Thank you! This was the type of insight I was hoping for. Just to clarify: the unlimited express is only for the rides now, correct?