Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knott’s Scary Farm 2019

Jan 10, 2013
No man's land: SoCal
Take this for what you will but a little birdie told me some interesting tid-bits about what may happen this year:

-Red Barn will retire along with the venue. It will become a permentamt beer garden/refreshment building.

-Trick or Treat is finally leaving and Paranormal Inc will become the new flashlight maze.

-I think one other maze is leaving. Can’t rememver if it’s Shadowlands or Special Ops.

Take this for what you will but a little birdie told me some interesting tid-bits about what may happen this year:

-Red Barn will retire along with the venue. It will become a permentamt beer garden/refreshment building.

-Trick or Treat is finally leaving and Paranormal Inc will become the new flashlight maze.

-I think one other maze is leaving. Can’t rememver if it’s Shadowlands or Special Ops.

Special Ops will not come back. I believe they're shipping the guns and tech to another Cedar Fair park.

Special Ops will not come back. I believe they're shipping the guns and tech to another Cedar Fair park.
Special Ops has worn out its welcome, but I hope they reship them back to Knott's once they're ready to revisit that concept.

I would bet they're sending them to CGA. That tends to be where the leftovers from Scary Farm go.

This year will be my first to KSF. I have history with UHN and SFMMFF. I have ticketing questions.

Does this event function like the UHN day night combo ticket? I see there's an evening only option for KSF portion. If someone wants to go to the park during the day and the event at night what does that usually cost (ISH) or is there an option to combine them? Any recommendations given that? I have disability so I typically don't need front of the line access upgrades. I scoured the internet and am having a difficult time finding answers to this. Maybe i'm just lame.

This year will be my first to KSF. I have history with UHN and SFMMFF. I have ticketing questions.

Does this event function like the UHN day night combo ticket? I see there's an evening only option for KSF portion. If someone wants to go to the park during the day and the event at night what does that usually cost (ISH) or is there an option to combine them? Any recommendations given that? I have disability so I typically don't need front of the line access upgrades. I scoured the internet and am having a difficult time finding answers to this. Maybe i'm just lame.

There is not an option to combine the two, but you can buy a day admission (around $40-$50 with a AAA discount depending upon the day) and a night time pass. They also have a frequent fear pass that costs around $90 and will get you in every event night.

If you are going during Halloween, I recommend hitting the park by day on a weekend as they run their charming Knott's Spooky Farm event and kids dress up to trick or treat around the park. They also hire on actors to portray family friendly ghosts of the departed Ghost Town citizens on the streets and have a few fun (albeit somewhat campy) shows.

We are Knott's APs and attend often so feel free to PM me any questions about logistics and if I know the answer I would be happy to help out.

On a different note, I too have heard Red Barn is going the way of the dodo, but the beer garden rumor is news to me. That would leave them a location short on the house count as they really don't have a ton of backstage room left for other houses.

I was on Ghost Rider the other day and saw a guy with a trash can in front of trick or treat, the facaude is gone and I could see inside the warehouse, there was a non painted room inside of it. As far as I can see, its gone. Whatever is in ther is not Trick or Treat. I even talked to a daytime employee who has been walking around and is pretty sure that it's leaving too. And Red Barn also needs to go. As of paranormal Inc, I saw an interview with an actor in that Maze and he said that the first year of paranormal it was going to be with the flashlight technology but they decided not to do that. So id say its looking pretty realistic.

20190518_195649.jpg
A question remains if they are going to use the Gunslinger's Location for a new maze or use the Calico Mine Ride for a Overlay.

Last edited:
Construction update as of 6/17:

-Trick or Treat location: Trick or Treat is gone, construction going on inside with new facade in front. Facaude has a Devil head with a blank sign under it, so maybe a satanic maze? looks similar to something of Black Magic's facade.

-The Dephs location: Its still up as far as I can see, no reason for it not to return.

-Paranormal Inc. location: Not 100 percent sure about this one, its probably coming back, and this will probably be its last year, ecspecially with the money they invested in last year's fanalie. Outside is still up, can't see inside. Hopefully, they will take the Trick or Treat flashlight technology and put it in Paranormal this year.

-Dark Entities location: Can't see anything but its 99 percent coming back.

-Wilderness Dance Hall: No construction as of now, but I'm placing my bets on Red Barn leaving this year, what a waste of space for a great and history filled venue.

-Mystery Lodge: Nothing as of yet, along with Paranormal probably its last year.

-Shadowlands location: Shadowlands is under construction, facaude is up and everything. This will ve its last year.

-Camp Snoopy location: Pumpkin Eater is back based on my speculation. You can kind of see some things going up.

Trick or Treat location: Trick or Treat is gone, construction going on inside with new facade in front. Facaude has a Devil head with a blank sign under it, so maybe a satanic maze? looks similar to something of Black Magic's facade.
/QUOTE]
There are bricks on the side and such and it kinda looks burned from the overhead shots from BioConstruct and Black Magic also had that type of burned look to it as well.

So either a Satanic/Demon maze or could be some type of road side Attraction.

Maybe they are doing some kind of spin on Dante's Inferno over at the old Trick or Treat location. Pure speculation based on your devil head observation.

Bummer if the Jeffries Barn isn't used for a maze this year, especially if the Mystery Lodge area isn't used either. Looking forward to the rest if it does come to fruition.