Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open)

It will be quite interesting for Universal Studios Beijing as they are actually housing staff on campus. 9,000 of the 14,000 works will live on the resort property with separate family apartments.

(Meaning this potentially can be the best maintained theme park Universal has ever had as well as stay open quite late.)

From Themeparx, they've uncovered more images.

Thanks for this! I check that site once a week or so for various non-US projects, but missed this update. I'm loving watching the progress on this resort, especially with it going vertical so quickly, now. :) I always like watching coaster-building progress, and the Transformers coaster is hard to miss, lol. Also, that Jurassic World area and rides... Wow. We're a long way off from any/vertical construction within Fantastic Worlds, but seeing the progress within the Beijing resort makes the anticipation greater :exclap:

In that vid, anyone know what that building with the huge open span is for?

Is it in any of the construction pics above? On the themeparxx site, there are more pics and better descriptions of the IP areas. There was a lot of in-progress stuff in the video, but the construction pics are more recent. I'd guess one of the ride buildings or one of the hotels, maybe? :shrug:

Another update over on Themeparxx. Even more track installed on the Transformer coaster, a few different views of the Kung Fu Panda land/indoors, and, finally, a view of the WWoHP area from the ground. Exciting stuff! :thumbsup: (edited to add: sorry for the double post :doh:)

Transformers:
img_6819.jpg

Kung Fu Panda indoor area (additional views at the link above):
img_6818.jpg

Finally, the WWoHP--far right is Hogwarts/Forbidden Journey building, middle is Flight of the Hippogriff, and far left is Hogsmeade village. This image is linked directly to the original source (which can be found here; there are 3 other images at this link, though I'm not sure all of them are part of the USB site), though it is also posted on Themeparxx (where you can't bring up the larger image by clicking on it).
e7b13dcaly1g45e5q7kwxj23401igu0z.jpg

Honestly speaking, the more and more that I think of it; Jurassic is becoming highly anticipated for me. In-part, due to them fully capitalizing on the first film, and also using one of the most unique scenes (the Aviary) as a landmark attraction.

Excited to see how Universal themes the inverted power coaster trains with Mack-Rides, as that particular attraction could be something to talk about.

Honestly speaking, the more and more that I think of it; Jurassic is becoming highly anticipated for me. In-part, due to them fully capitalizing on the first film, and also using one of the most unique scenes (the Aviary) as a landmark attraction.

Excited to see how Universal themes the inverted power coaster trains with Mack-Rides, as that particular attraction could be something to talk about.
Isn’t it based on World not the first film?

In looking at the latest construction pics and seeing how close the Aviary attraction and Transformers coaster seem, am I misunderstanding the perspective or is this going to be Universal Singapore kinds of compact?

In looking at the latest construction pics and seeing how close the Aviary attraction and Transformers coaster seem, am I misunderstanding the perspective or is this going to be Universal Singapore kinds of compact?

I think it's just the perspective, this will be as, if not more spaced out than most other Universal parks, with plenty of expansion space for the future.

There is another new update on themparx including a video of the site (link below) looks like the hulk clone track is just about finished!
Sina Visitor System

as is Flight of the hippogrith
006LCgB6ly1g4tca3ih62j31400u0dqu.jpg

Last edited:
I think it's just the perspective, this will be as, if not more spaced out than most other Universal parks, with plenty of expansion space for the future.

There is another new update on themparx including a video of the site (link below) looks like the hulk clone track is just about finished!
Sina Visitor System

as is Flight of the hippogrith
View attachment 10123
I love how many times Hippo has been cloned around the world...Like out of all the rides to be cloned

I love how many times Hippo has been cloned around the world...Like out of all the rides to be cloned
It's like it's over as soon as it starts. Maybe it should have been themed to 'The Flash' in a 6 Flags park . Lucky if we rode it a total of 5 times, and we go to Universal a zillion visits.