Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

June 2019 AP Price Increase - WDW

Apr 12, 2018
I had the same reaction, but what better way to entice APs to upgrade their pass than to tell them that they get to be the first ones into SWGE? Behind Silver, Gold is probably the most popular pass, too, so that would allow a *significantly* higher amount of people in.

To me it just seems like a highly business-minded decision, with hopes of making a quick buck off of people upgrading.

Prices for upper-level passes just saw a huge increase overnight. Wonder how many people will actually go for it now

Prices for upper-level passes just saw a huge increase overnight. Wonder how many people will actually go for it now
Yes, Disney giveth & Disney taketh away....HUGE increases

Platinum Plus Non Resident....................Previous $994....................Now $1219
Platinum Pass Fl. & DVC..........................Previous $849....................Now $999
Platinum Non Resident............................Previous $894....................Now $1119
Platinum Fl. & DVC..................................Previous $749.....................Now $899
Gold FL. only............................................Previous $609.....................Now $699
Silver FL only............................................Previous $479......................Now $529
Renewal rates also increased

Thankfully I renewed to a weekday a while ago to go to GE a few times this year. This will be my last year doing it though. Funny thing is my UOAP monthly charge hasn’t changed since 2005.

Thankfully I renewed to a weekday a while ago to go to GE a few times this year. This will be my last year doing it though. Funny thing is my UOAP monthly charge hasn’t changed since 2005.
My UOAP raised last year after not changing for a decade. But they gave me 3 months free which was nice, and kinda made up for the $5 extra/month.

My UOAP raised last year after not changing for a decade. But they gave me 3 months free which was nice, and kinda made up for the $5 extra/month.
Yeah thankfully mine didn’t change with the free months. I don’t think I am getting them but I am ok with that. $32 a month for two preferred passes.

I’m hoping this is the final bump before SWGE opens, but they’ve left themselves enough time to sneak one last increase in.

With Gold going up so high now, I may drop down to Silver sooner than later. I don’t actually go to the parks a ton amount in the summer anyway. Haven’t been at all yet during this blockout season so far.

Do we know how much renewal rates went up?

This is a tricky way to have a pay for preview, some folks will *still* upgrade to platinum to do this, even with this increase. However after reading twitter recently, the type of people who do throw money at Disney for things like this are a big turn off. I felt the same way after a Disney cruise (which is vasty overpriced)

I'm starting to sense all this may backfire on Disney. Not to say SWGE won't be a success, but won't big as big a success as Disney wants it to be, the Disneyland response so far is a canary.

Was considering an AP for next year, but I'll stick to Florida Resident tickets now. I don't visit WDW as much as I do for UO so its an unnecessary cost. Hoping they keep the 'Florida Discover' ticket they promoted this year, much more valuable for me.

Naturally, this comes the day after they tell ya which AP gets the SW Sneak Peek. Not a coincidence.
No doubt....and that's why I said 'Disney giveth, and Disney taketh away' in my post above, as originally we were posted in the SW thread and talking about the soft opening play. We lost the context when we moved some discussion to this thread. :lol:

I’m hoping this is the final bump before SWGE opens, but they’ve left themselves enough time to sneak one last increase in.

With Gold going up so high now, I may drop down to Silver sooner than later. I don’t actually go to the parks a ton amount in the summer anyway. Haven’t been at all yet during this blockout season so far.

Do we know how much renewal rates went up?

Yeah 15% or so is nothing to sneeze at. Especially with the crowds during the extra times in Gold, it's hard to say it's worth it.

Wow and I was thinking of getting a Disney AP. Looks like I’ll be passing now and I love Disney. I’ll stick with the FL resident discover ticket. This really makes me renewing my Universal preferred AP worth it now. I only paid $400 and I got an extra six months. Disney is trippin for real.

Last edited:
Florida Resident:
Walt Disney World Platinum Plus AP = $994
* includes 4 theme parks, 2 water parks

Legoland Florida Awesomer Pass + SeaWorld Silver AP + Universal Orlando Preferred Pass = $850.86
* includes 5 theme parks, and 4 water parks between them all (Plus Sea Life and Tussauds). Less if you get the legoland only pass.

$710.87 gets you 4 parks and 3 waterparks if you drop legoland.

The mouse has altered the deal. Pray he does not alter it any further.

But yea the orlando everything else pass actually has more variety for less money in a way.

Last edited:
Naturally, this comes the day after they tell ya which AP gets the SW Sneak Peek. Not a coincidence.
Yup, I said that when talking about the passes that would be allowed into SW:GE. The fact they weren't letting Gold in smelled of a strictly business decision to try and get people to upgrade their passes. Most Gold passholders could afford a higher level if they really wanted to cut back on some other stuff and save some money. Disney's making a bet that there's enough that care about that AP Preview.