2 days in LA, is USH worth it if I've been UO multiple times? | Inside Universal Forums

2 days in LA, is USH worth it if I've been UO multiple times?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mar 17, 2016
Basically the title says it all. I have 2 free days of vacation in Los Angeles. One day, I'll go to Santa Monca/Venice and I'm wondering if it's worth it to use up my second day to go to USH? I go to Universal Orlando at minimum once a year for HHN, so I know the park very well. I know Hollywood is smaller with less rides, the only plus being the studios tour. Does it "feel" different than in Orlando though? I don't want to have a day in California and be feeling like I never left home, you know? any input appreciated :)

Basically the title says it all. I have 2 free days of vacation in Los Angeles. One day, I'll go to Santa Monca/Venice and I'm wondering if it's worth it to go to use up my second day to go to USH? I go to Universal Orlando at minimum once a year for HHN, so I know the park very well. I know Hollywood is smaller with less rides, the only plus being the studios tour. Does it "feel" different than in Orlando though? I don't want to have a day in California and be feeling like I never left home, you know? any input appreciated :)

The studio tour is fun, but even a lot of that has been ported over to UOR at this point. Otherwise, a lot is repetitive. The parks have a different feel, but the rides don't for the most part. Honestly, if you've not done it, I'd take the day and get a Disneyland park hopper.

Basically the title says it all. I have 2 free days of vacation in Los Angeles. One day, I'll go to Santa Monca/Venice and I'm wondering if it's worth it to use up my second day to go to USH? I go to Universal Orlando at minimum once a year for HHN, so I know the park very well. I know Hollywood is smaller with less rides, the only plus being the studios tour. Does it "feel" different than in Orlando though? I don't want to have a day in California and be feeling like I never left home, you know? any input appreciated :)
If you’ve done UOR and plan on doing a theme park one of those days, I’d hit up Disneyland or even Knotts instead.

As of now with JW, Pets and MARIO all not open yet, the only unique standouts are the studio tour (which contains many elements from rides we have) and WaterWorld.

Thanks guys! yeah, I kind of suspected USH might feel like a lesser version of UO...

On another note, would you guys choose Universal city walk or downtown disney as an evening activity?

There are many options in LA. If I were to prioritize I would do Disney and DCA, or Knotts. If you are a coaster person Magic Mountain can not be beat for thrill rides.

Thanks guys! yeah, I kind of suspected USH might feel like a lesser version of UO...

On another note, would you guys choose Universal city walk or downtown disney as an evening activity?

I'm not sure I'd choose either. We just walked through DD to get to the parks, and all we ever did at Citi walk was ate. Citiwalk seemed like it had more of a nightlife, but as the DLR parks are open late, we just stayed in the parks rather than doing anything in DD.

There are many options in LA. If I were to prioritize I would do Disney and DCA, or Knotts. If you are a coaster person Magic Mountain can not be beat for thrill rides.

I'm not absolutely looking for a theme part to go to in LA since I go to Orlando very often. But basically, I'll be in with a group of friends where 2 are going to USH (they've never been to universal, orlando or hollywood), and 2 will do some other touristy stuff (griffith, hollywood boulevard, that stuff), so I was contemplating going to USH or not.

I'd choose disneyland if i could but that's not an option.

Thanks for the advice though :)