Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

We were under the impression at the media rounds that the benefit would remain, but OI is saying Universal confirmed that will not be the case. I can understand that peeving off some people.

Because one requires a park ticket, and one doesn't?

Weird, because the official account on Twitter confirmed in at least one reply that the benefit still existed... but maybe there's been a change in policy since.

I’m not sure how they plan to enforce that. I go to the pools as a local sometimes and no one says a thing.

With VB now, I don’t know why you’d want to.

It’s always been a nice perk but I just found it to be a little pointless.

Yeah, that’s like saying people who stay at a WDW resort shouldn’t care about their pool or pool hopping because there’s two water parks to choose from.

Last edited:
We were under the impression at the media rounds that the benefit would remain, but OI is saying Universal confirmed that will not be the case. I can understand that peeving off some people.

Maybe it's just me but I wouldn't be staying onsite if I didn't have a ticket.

I’m not sure how they plan to enforce that. I go to the pools as a local sometimes and no one says a thing.

Yeah, that’s like saying people who stay at a WDW resort shouldn’t care about their pool or pool hopping because there’s two water parks to choose from.

They can care about their own pool but Disney don't do resort to resort buses and it sounds like a pain to drive about just for a pool.

Maybe it's just me but I wouldn't be staying onsite if I didn't have a ticket.

They can care about their own pool but Disney don't do resort to resort buses and it sounds like a pain to drive about just for a pool.

There's a bunch of people who take breaks from the parks, the so-called "Hotel/Pool Day". In addition, some people don't like to do slides and stuff so a ticket to VB seems silly.

I feel like we will eventually see a walking bridge similar to the one that’s going in over Kirkman installed here though. It is a very dangerous intersection and these hotels will only increase that danger.

To CityWalk, it’s probably not much further than CBBR is.

There's a bunch of people who take breaks from the parks, the so-called "Hotel/Pool Day". In addition, some people don't like to do slides and stuff so a ticket to VB seems silly.

I always do a pool day but it’s the pool in the hotel.

This could be a U.K. thing but I think all the tickets we buy now are all 3 parks for 14 days.

I wonder if they'll implement anything to keep people from neighboring hotels from using any of the perks of this hotel (ie buses to the parks, the pool, etc).

Am I the only one having issues with booking online? I'll likely call today, but I tried booking online this weekend and nothing went through and the site kept failing after choosing how many people I am booking to stay. Not sure if its site glitches, but I tried probably 5-6 times yesterday and failed everytime. Not sure if anyone else has had this issue.

Am I the only one having issues with booking online? I'll likely call today, but I tried booking online this weekend and nothing went through and the site kept failing after choosing how many people I am booking to stay. Not sure if its site glitches, but I tried probably 5-6 times yesterday and failed everytime. Not sure if anyone else has had this issue.
I booked online when ressies opened for hhn and had no problems. Have dropped that now so no recent experience