Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

It is hard to know what they assumed at the outset but they never tried to pause people in the pre show rooms. I just pause and wave people by to enjoy the shows and queue. It is a disconcerting that most just wiz right through without stopping to really take it in.
Yes, we still pause and watch the shows, line be damned. FJ queue is as great as the great ride is.

Forgot to mention this in my trip report, but we found that there is actually a flip drawer in every FJ seat where you can put stuff. On the back on the seat (think, where the small of your back would be when sitting). It flips out, and you can easily store a hat or purse in there.

I've been on FJ 20 or 30 times and never knew this. But one of these last times we spent more time than usual in the Gryffindor common room, and one of the paintings mentions it (they also say you can store your wand in there!).

I wonder if they hoped for this to be the storage device before they figured out they needed lockers. Nonetheless, they still work!
The Sorting Hat mentions the compartments as well. I believe the intention was that you put your bags in a locker, and lose items like phones and pocket stuff in the seat compartment.

The last line of the ride even refers to the compartment. “Now don’t forget to retrieve your stowed belongings, lest you want them confiscated by Mr. Filch”... Although, that also works for the locker.

My first ride a couple days after Hogsmeade opened I actually used the compartment to put stuff in. I think they were actively helping guests use them back then. But pretty quick reality set in that there’s just not enough time to load items and get everyone seated on a moving platform so they ignore them now.

The Sorting Hat mentions the compartments as well. I believe the intention was that you put your bags in a locker, and lose items like phones and pocket stuff in the seat compartment.

The last line of the ride even refers to the compartment. “Now don’t forget to retrieve your stowed belongings, lest you want them confiscated by Mr. Filch”... Although, that also works for the locker.

My first ride a couple days after Hogsmeade opened I actually used the compartment to put stuff in. I think they were actively helping guests use them back then. But pretty quick reality set in that there’s just not enough time to load items and get everyone seated on a moving platform so they ignore them now.
My phone always goes in there. Not risking it :)

Lost my Ray-Bans on FJ in 2012, not risking it again.

Are you saying that you lost them while they were on your person and now will always use the storage compartment, or that you put them in the compartment and forgot them and now will never do that again?

Are you saying that you lost them while they were on your person and now will always use the storage compartment, or that you put them in the compartment and forgot them and now will never do that again?

I had them in my pocket and lost them on the ride.

Forgot to mention this in my trip report, but we found that there is actually a flip drawer in every FJ seat where you can put stuff. On the back on the seat (think, where the small of your back would be when sitting). It flips out, and you can easily store a hat or purse in there.

I've been on FJ 20 or 30 times and never knew this. But one of these last times we spent more time than usual in the Gryffindor common room, and one of the paintings mentions it (they also say you can store your wand in there!).

I wonder if they hoped for this to be the storage device before they figured out they needed lockers. Nonetheless, they still work!

The paintings say you should put your wand in the backseat compartment but that is incorrect. Wands are much bigger the compartment and do not fit. Wands must go into the lockers.