Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My one trip to BGT so far, Cobra was down but Cheetah seemed to be running fine (there was a line every time I went by it at least. I got it out of the way first)

I was there grand opening day...bright and early...we were pretty upset that we got there as early as we did just to stand around and wait for an afternoon opening. Intamin’s crew was there all day long, as the ride went down multiple times.

Really? Every visit I’ve made to BGT, it’s always been up and running...even moreso than Cheetah Hunt!
Might have been the day, but waited in line three separate times throughout the day. Fingers crossed this coaster won't have any of these reoccurring technical difficulties.

Been at Universal since Monday, and finally got a chance to ride Jurassic Park. When did they remove the two tiny dinosaurs fighting over the torn shirt? I know when I was here last year, you could see the mechanics in the one dinosaur cause its one leg was ripped open.
Always thought the Tm of the month for River Adventure should get their name tag pinned on the shirt the dinosaurs fight over.

Not to start any crazy rumors, but could they perhaps be replacing some of Mummy's track during an extended refurb?

Or, perhaps, proof of concept for something FW related

The only reason I'm saying all this is because that doesn't look like Intamin track

Not to start any crazy rumors, but could they perhaps be replacing some of Mummy's track during an extended refurb?

Or, perhaps, proof of concept for something FW related

The only reason I'm saying all this is because that doesn't look like Intamin track

It's the double spine Intamin track found on rides like Intimidator 305 and Hyperion.

I re-read the article and he doesn’t mention if the track is Universals property so it could be for another project, maybe SWO?

It looks like it's their plot of land off Carrier/Precision drive, near the Dockside resort.

It's the double spine Intamin track found on rides like Intimidator 305 and Hyperion.
It does look similar

Intamin-Hyperion-coaster-Energylandia-a.jpg

I really don't think this coaster will be black, unless it's for a show scene like Joe said

Status
Not open for further replies.