Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh... Jimmy Fallon announced that his ride was opening in 2017 in October of 2015... 6 months before they demoed Disaster!

But other than that, you're exactly right.

:yawn:

Eh, maybe I have my years mixed up, it’s been a while. I do know F&F was slated for install before Fallon, and they switched places. Fallon was the last thing I touched and it was fully operational in fall 2016.

2021 ultimately makes the most sense. Retheme and market it as "Jurassic World" with the Hollywood update and this. It seems like the new ride in Hollywood is genuinely a little different than the old river adventure so this could be a really popular rebrand/opening. Like others have said, Bourne either this year or next, new resort, new park, this coaster, possible re-do of River Adventure, they have plenty on their hands at the moment. Id love 2020 but that just doesn't seem realistic to me if this ride is going to have the level of theming Universal has been creating. April 2021 are when permits said it'd be done so id expect it for Spring Break!

Damn, it is double spine. What in tarnation are they building that would require that kind of track? Is it really strong enough that they can cut down on supports? Figured it was gonna be fast but not that fast :bigeye:

Damn, it is double spine. What in tarnation are they building that would require that kind of track? Is it really strong enough that they can cut down on supports? Figured it was gonna be fast but not that fast :bigeye:

Either it’s going to be tall which is looking unlikely or it’s going to pulling some strong forces in tight turns. Like @RollermanDan said a while back, imagine a bowl of spaghetti.

For something right like that to require that kind of support, I’m putting my money on a 4 across train.

Either it’s going to be tall which is looking unlikely or it’s going to pulling some strong forces in tight turns. Like @RollermanDan said a while back, imagine a bowl of spaghetti.

For something right like that to require that kind of support, I’m putting my money on a 4 across train.
Could be a situation like Hagride, where they use different track types in different spots, and we'll still see the traditional style or single spine in the spaghetti bowl. I'm still thinking it's gonna be pretty tall in the tophat area, but I'm hoping you're right about the 4 across seating. Glad we can finally confirm it's Intamin though, like we all didn't know already :lol:

Swing and a miss on the black track though.

Ok so I305 and Skyrush both use the same track style (with the box shaped supports) . Neither feature any inversions or launches. I305 has 2 seats across and Skyrush has 4 with the edge seats being wing seats off the track. What do we think will be the case for this ride?
I don't know if it's just the manufacture date but at the end of those tracks the bolt flanges for the top and bottom rails are connected like an 8. They have newer ones with the double spine that don't connect so it's two 0 flanges that look like this:

Hyperion https://rcdb.com/14462.htm
Red Force https://rcdb.com/10698.htm
Flying Aces https://rcdb.com/12772.htm
Soaring with dragon https://rcdb.com/13420.htm

Looking closer at Dan's pics, there's definitely some modern single spine in the pile too.
108egkz.jpg

Last edited:
Uni construction foreman: Hey, when this JW ride will be ready?
Intamin rep: Should be ready Summer 2020.
Uni construction foreman: Ok, the execs and marketing want to know.
Intamin rep: Uhhh, didn't they ask the same thing about Hagrids and we tell them Summer 2019?
Uni construction foreman: Yeah.... I'll tell them it'll be ready in 2021.

Keep in mind that the double spine doesn't always mean higher forces, it could just mean greater stress due to larger spacing between the columns. It looks like this coaster will spend a large amount of time nearby guest areas which would place columns in weird places.
Very true. Probably some big gaps in supports around the Discovery Center areas for example, which is a very good thing.

Of course, yea, this’ll definitely be an intense coaster, so both.

Uni construction foreman: Hey, when this JW ride will be ready?
Intamin rep: Should be ready Summer 2020.
Uni construction foreman: Ok, the execs and marketing want to know.
Intamin rep: Uhhh, didn't they ask the same thing about Hagrids and we tell them Summer 2019?
Uni construction foreman: Yeah.... I'll tell them it'll be ready in 2021.
Although funny, I don't think this ride will be near as complex as Hagrid

Status
Not open for further replies.