Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No just Gen 1. All gens should get represented in some way. You isolate the hardcore buy every game fans with how much pandering gen 1 gets. (Go see Pokemon Reddit, etc when you mention Gen 1)

Secondly, kids who watch the show and play grew up with different gens than you.

giphy.gif

Gen 1 is best gen. #charmander4lyfe

A Small World type ride with Pokemon would be an easy route to go, and I wouldn't be mad at it.

I do think you could use some modern tech and add some flair but the idea of traveling to different regions/environments (beaches, caves, jungle, artic) and encountering different Pokemon would be a grand slam.

No just Gen 1. All gens should get represented in some way. You isolate the hardcore buy every game fans with how much pandering gen 1 gets. (Go see Pokemon Reddit, etc when you mention Gen 1)

Secondly, kids who watch the show and play grew up with different gens than you.
Detective Pikachu did a great job of merging past and present gens, so something like that would be great

Detective Pikachu did a great job of merging past and present gens, so something like that would be great

I agree. :) Using the Detective Pikachu environments would be a good choice. Also, if people aren't familiar with that movie, not only did it use the best-known pokemon worldwide (regardless of gen, there are very few people who don't recognize pikachu) as it's star, but the world is loaded with stores, experiences and restaurants/cafes that have huge merchandising potential outside of the expected Pokemon-related merch. From the coffee shop to the police force, the official merch is on point already and could appeal to a larger demographic than just fans of the franchise. :) If anyone is curious, check out the Detective Pikachu merchandise section of the Pokemon Center online store.

While they can do Ryme City, it begs the question, does Universal want to give WB and Legendary a licensing fee for something they were already licensed to used by the parent company. (Ryme City is owned by The Pokemon Company but the movie design of Ryme City is owned by WB and Legendary.)

While they can do Ryme City, it begs the question, does Universal want to give WB and Legendary a licensing fee for something they were already licensed to used by the parent company. (Ryme City is owned by The Pokemon Company but the movie design of Ryme City is owned by WB and Legendary.)
That's exactly how they did Harry Potter (theme park rights were owned by JK. It was separate agreement to use the movies' visuals).

That's exactly how they did Harry Potter (theme park rights were owned by JK. It was separate agreement to use the movies' visuals).

I believe one of the rumors for this new park was that Warner wanted more ownership or higher fees hints why we won't see as much in WB products as previously believed. That was my point, is this the bridge UC and UOR want to die on and giving into Warner's demands when they can go other ways easily?

I get scared everytime i hear this park's getting bigger. I hope it doesen't hurt the other 2 too bad and I hope its no big thrills period at this park leave that for ioa Then studios needs all the attention until fw opens. My hope

I get scared everytime i hear this park's getting bigger. I hope it doesen't hurt the other 2 too bad and I hope its no big thrills period at this park leave that for ioa Then studios needs all the attention until fw opens. My hope
The other two will be fine for a number of reasons, paramount that they have lots and lots of Potter.

I think they are considering Super Nintendo World one overarching entity.

In the same vein that Dreamworks encapsulates multiple properties. But I've legitimately only heard of HTTYD for that section so far.

This is what I said, but I was told no as Pokémon would find its way outside of it

A Small World type ride with Pokemon would be an easy route to go, and I wouldn't be mad at it.

I do think you could use some modern tech and add some flair but the idea of traveling to different regions/environments (beaches, caves, jungle, artic) and encountering different Pokemon would be a grand slam.

With all the ideas thrown out for this park, it almost feels like it's a piss take or satire against the Magic Kingdom but so many of the ideas are that good that I hope it happens.

I think they are considering Super Nintendo World one overarching entity.

In the same vein that Dreamworks encapsulates multiple properties. But I've legitimately only heard of HTTYD for that section so far.

On one hand that seems like a wasted opportunity. On the other...one huge land for HTTYD has me salivating
They could be saving the other DreamWorks films for potential large expansions.

Doesn't China hold the rights to use KFP in Beijing for a while before it can be cloned? So that would only leave a couple of other DW IPs to use anyway. Shrek and Madagascar don't seem current enough right now, so that leaves just Trolls.

I think this is better this way... Throwing a bunch of DW films together for one land would make it feel like KidZone.

I would love it if Universal would have an after hours family friendly Halloween event at FW. Adding all the kid friendly properties and add a Halloween layer. Nintendo, Dreamworks combined with Illumination, Scooby Doo and child friendly classic monsters would be an amazing event.

Oh my god, having kid friendly Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing Halloween, or Pokemon decor would be amazing. Having Dry Bones and Boos and Pokemon like Gourgeist, Mimikyu, and other ghost-type Pokemon scattered around their lands is how to make a JM-BENT very happy.

Oh my god, having kid friendly Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing Halloween, or Pokemon decor would be amazing. Having Dry Bones and Boos and Pokemon like Gourgeist, Mimikyu, and other ghost-type Pokemon scattered around their lands is how to make a JM-BENT very happy.

Lordy so many Cubones will be out and crying.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can't help but think the reason why the scope is expanding is due to Steve Burke and Brian Roberts both finally have a real moment to show to Disney that they blew their chance 15 years ago with them as an owner. This is their first real chance in teh US to really go all out and actually truly compete with Disney with no huge issues monetary (unlike the Vivendi days).

Think it’s a huge misstep leaving Trolls out of its just HTTYD. It needs a land somewhere and unless it takes over Kid Zone it should go into FW.

Status
Not open for further replies.