Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

Late to the party, but I would think there are USB plugs underneath that tiny desk/shelf sliver. That way you can charge phones, watches, etc right there.

Haven’t seen a pic to prove it, but in other hotels, that’s almost always the case. And considering electrical was the anyway for the TV, it’s a pretty safe assumption.

More rides, or... maybe we finally get some evening EPA?
I always thought with the older demographic that an extra hour at night would be a more useful benefit.
It would also allow the advertisement of exclusivity that as guests were leaving wishing they stayed onsite. And they would be more willing to the next time considering there are cheap value hotels on site.

That’s an odd statement.
So what was Cabana Bay when it opened? Or what was Cabana Bay when Sapphire Falls opened?

Is this like the “First Coaster with a Drop”?
Universal considers CBBR and Aventura as “Prime Value” while these are “Value”. It’s a bit confusing and also slightly misleading since I’m not sure CBBR offers any better amenities than Endless Summer.

I think one of the good things until dockside opens is that it will be a dedicated bus line for the 750 rooms. Using Cabana buses for Aventura was annoying. We ended up taking the Sapphire boat most of the time.

That’s an odd statement.
So what was Cabana Bay when it opened? Or what was Cabana Bay when Sapphire Falls opened?

If memory serves me right... when Cabana Bay opened, they didn’t have category designations. It was something introduced when Sapphire was being built.

That’s an odd statement.

I was thinking the same thing and after some searching I found an old press release from another site, “The new hotel will be operated by Loews Hotels & Resorts and feature both moderate and value-level accommodations in the forms of family suites and standard rooms.” So I believe Value was used throughout all their marketing, just not an exact distinction(it was just highly suggested), like Brian mentioned.

Universal considers CBBR and Aventura as “Prime Value” while these are “Value”
Right. I didn’t mean now, I meant when it opened.

Ehhh. CBBR has the lazy river, bowling alley, water slide, and walking distance to Volcano Bay.
Exactly. CBBR being next to VB makes it significantly better in my eyes.
But as CBBR’s price creeps up, it will cost more of a premium for that location.
Dockside will remain the most cost effective option, for sure.

I was thinking the same thing and after some searching I found an old press release from another site, “The new hotel will be operated by Loews Hotels & Resorts and feature both moderate and value-level accommodations in the forms of family suites and standard rooms.” So I believe Value was used throughout all their marketing, just not an exact distinction(it was just highly suggested), like Brian mentioned.

Thanks. I knew I remembered something similar.

I also vaguely remember it being listed as value when Sapphire Falls came out as a moderate (which also listed Royal Pacific as a moderate at the time for some weird reason).

“Endless Summer Resort: Universal’s first value property ever opened... In 2019.

Right. I didn’t mean now, I meant when it opened.

Exactly. CBBR being next to VB makes it significantly better in my eyes.
But as CBBR’s price creeps up, it will cost more of a premium for that location.
Dockside will remain the most cost effective option, for sure.

Thanks. I knew I remembered something similar.

I also vaguely remember it being listed as value when Sapphire Falls came out as a moderate (which also listed Royal Pacific as a moderate at the time for some weird reason).

“Endless Summer Resort: Universal’s first value property ever opened... In 2019.

Here it is.

The official Value monicker wasn’t introduced as a category until Endless Summer was announced/under construction. It’s semantics, but they didn’t move the posts for the sake of a press release.

I also vaguely remember when the “Prime Value” designations were introduced, that we expected a new lower category would show up.

Last edited:
Here it is.

The official Value monicker wasn’t introduced as a category until Endless Summer was announced/under construction. It’s semantics, but they didn’t move the posts for the sake of a press release.

I also vaguely remember when the “Prime Value” designations were introduced, that we expected a new lower category would show up.

Do you think Royal Pacific will lose Express Pass?

The reason I ask is that if it's in the same category as Sapphire and one has Express and one doesn't, it can get confusing plus with the new park and the hotels going along with it, I imagine that offering Express with a new Premier hotel will be more of an incentive to stay.

Looking through Bio's photos and this is a beautifully themed hotel. I know that the surf and beach theme has been done to death but this feels surprisingly refreshing for the genre.

I love this shot:

I've always thought that apparel for hotels is quite tacky and I've never understood it but outside of maybe Hard Rock and that's only because of the Hard Rock name and the Polynesian , I think this hotel might have some of best resort apparel in Orlando.

The reason I ask is that if it's in the same category as Sapphire and one has Express and one doesn't, it can get confusing plus with the new park and the hotels going along with it, I imagine that offering Express with a new Premier hotel will be more of an incentive to stay.

Looking through Bio's photos and this is a beautifully themed hotel. I know that the surf and beach theme has been done to death but this feels surprisingly refreshing for the genre.

I love this shot:

I've always thought that apparel for hotels is quite tacky and I've never understood it but outside of maybe Hard Rock and that's only because of the Hard Rock name and the Polynesian , I think this hotel might have some of best resort apparel in Orlando.
I agree they hit this hotel out of the park as far as theming goes. Everything looks really nice for a “value” hotel.

My wife and I actually like the look of this place so much, that we've booked it again for Summer 2020 before our first stay in 7 weeks! $1150 for 14 nights in late August next year, which is actually cheaper by $50 than our stay this year.
Can't beat that for on-site!

Need some info if midnight pizza will be available during HHN season. Cabana Bay is my go to HHN hotel for this reason.
Room service pizza is available as standard from 12:00 midday until midnight. I've had Domino's and Pizza Hut delivered to Cabana Bay within 20 minutes after that time, will potentially be even quicker than that with Surfside's location.

Need some info if midnight pizza will be available during HHN season. Cabana Bay is my go to HHN hotel for this reason.

I’d imagine they’ll have it.

Uni’s original agreement with Loews stipulated only 3 hotels will ever get free express. Assuming that hasn’t been changed, I could easily see Royal Pacific losing their express to transfer it over to the main hotel for Park 3

I’d imagine they’ll have it.

Uni’s original agreement with Loews stipulated only 3 hotels will ever get free express. Assuming that hasn’t been changed, I could easily see Royal Pacific losing their express to transfer it over to the main hotel for Park 3

That's interesting and falls in line with the new ranking system. 2 parks at the current resort with 2 resorts with Express and 1 park at the new resort with 1 resort with Express. Perfectly balanced.

The only other thing to say about it, is will Royal Pacific drop it's prices if it loses Express.

That's interesting and falls in line with the new ranking system. 2 parks at the current resort with 2 resorts with Express and 1 park at the new resort with 1 resort with Express. Perfectly balanced.

The only other thing to say about it, is will Royal Pacific drop it's prices if it loses Express.
Of course it won't drop it's prices :lol:

Right now, RPR is a fairly good bargain if you're looking for the express. It's not much more than Sapphire and it's a nicer hotel anyway, so higher prices are warranted, Express or not.