Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be surprised if they did 4 abreast seating on this coaster just based on the tightness of the first half of this coaster’s layout. Would definitely expect this to only have lap-bar restraints though, which I’m super excited about. Going to freak out a lot of the general public and I’m all for it. This ride and the RMC in Tampa are finally going to put some hair on the chest of Florida theme parks.
Yeah, a four seater would be nice, but I don't think it's physically possible for the very reason you mentioned.

Something I wanted to point out about the track color and possible support color. The closest analogue we've been given is Taron which has a grey-black track color and supports. This helps the coaster structure blend into the rockwork around the ride. To me, seeing black track show up makes my mind want to confirm a lot more rockwork than some expect.

Yeah, a four seater would be nice, but I don't think it's physically possible for the very reason you mentioned.

Something I wanted to point out about the track color and possible support color. The closest analogue we've been given is Taron which has a grey-black track color and supports. This helps the coaster structure blend into the rockwork around the ride. To me, seeing black track show up makes my mind want to confirm a lot more rockwork than some expect.
Agreed, a two seater will allow for a tighter envelope and more theming/scenery

Don't quote me on this because I may have just misinterpreted it, but it seems like the track might not be all black and there will be more enclosed sections than expected possibly? Maybe not proper buildings but rather cave type sections or something.

Don't quote me on this because I may have just misinterpreted it, but it seems like the track might not be all black and there will be more enclosed sections than expected possibly? Maybe not proper buildings but rather cave type sections or something.
I was thinking that the doublespine might be for the post second launch segment, as it looks like wider turns, dips, and/or crests.

Just seeing at how everything looks in Hollywood it wouldn't surprise me to see Orlando get a similar sort of makeover sooner rather than later.

Yes it looks nice but the classic look of JP is just so much better IMO.

It should come regardless. The state of the current ride is frankly embarrassing having ridden it yesterday.

I will agree that the state of the current ride is not acceptable. I saw YouTube video where someone did a side by side of the Hollywood version in 2016 vs 1997 and the difference was crazy. The animatronics used to have so much life to them and much faster and fluid.

Last edited by a moderator:
As we've discussed before, I can totally see this and JW River Adventure opening together in 2021, that way Universal can market this as "Jurassic World" which should frankly bring good crowds. Hence why that guy isn't working until December, and this ride won't be open till 2021. I think it makes sense to be honest, and while Ill miss the JP theme, JW isn't bad and it seems like were getting some really great rides out of it. All for it.

As we've discussed before, I can totally see this and JW River Adventure opening together in 2021, that way Universal can market this as "Jurassic World" which should frankly bring good crowds. Hence why that guy isn't working until December, and this ride won't be open till 2021. I think it makes sense to be honest, and while Ill miss the JP theme, JW isn't bad and it seems like were getting some really great rides out of it. All for it.
That's a great point

I do hope they are planning on touching up the DC as well

I wouldn't write off a 4 across seater just yet. Even with tight transitions, you can still have 4 abreast. It's generally the length of the train that makes the transitions tricky.
Intamin-Hyperion-coaster-Energylandia-b.jpg

I wouldn't write off a 4 across seater just yet. Even with tight transitions, you can still have 4 abreast. It's generally the length of the train that makes the transitions tricky.
Intamin-Hyperion-coaster-Energylandia-b.jpg

Oh dear lordie honey no. If it is truly a lap bar only coaster, that looks like a bundle of thrills I'm not ready for.

Not saying I won't experience it. Just.....eeeeeeeeehhh.

100% 2 across trains. Every blitz they've done has 2 across trains and I doubt this will be an exception.

Every Blitz has also had the triangular track and not the double backbone we are seeing now. So if they aren't making exceptions, this won't be a blitz.

Every Blitz has also had the triangular track and not the double backbone we are seeing now. So if they aren't making exceptions, this won't be a blitz.
Blitz basically refers to any LSM coaster, and the one BGW is getting has this track as well.

You never know (unless you've seen the plans). Nothing with intamin is as predictable as we think. They do what the parks want, not what they may have typically did in the past. . .
97b59c0f360296494a3a0a52d9ff552a.jpg
They've never done a full circuit LSM launch coaster with 4 across trains (that I'm aware of at least). They strain their LSMs enough as is, and I can't see them pushing them even harder with heavier trains.

Lap bar coasters are better IMHO. Safe as any other type of restraint system.

I realize it is technically just as safe. I like the comfort of feeling like I'm fully restrained, though.

You never know (unless you've seen the plans). Nothing with intamin is as predictable as we think. They do what the parks want, not what they may have typically did in the past. . .
97b59c0f360296494a3a0a52d9ff552a.jpg

Oh, now that is cool! Where is this??

Lol am I the only one who prefer the lap bar? I prefer a floor tbh rather than my feet dangling. Maybe this isn't true but id think with the sheer speed expected of this coaster 4 seats would be a lot wouldn't it? Id think a smaller train is needed. Also with all the hype for JW in USH and this ride I'm gonna watch both Jurassic World's tonight :)

Status
Not open for further replies.