Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland) | Page 88 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The summer will be an issue for sure and that will be a problem. But using the term failure implies a quality issue when instead it’s communication and marketing. It’s nuanced.
I'm sure it will even out by Christmas, it will be a cruel...cruel summer for them though

The summer will be an issue for sure and that will be a problem. But using the term failure implies a quality issue when instead it’s communication and marketing. It’s nuanced.
No. Failure is not only about quality, actually quality is not a sine qua non. Failure is that, that it failed in being successful, bringing in the crowds, packing Disneyland. I can say Blade Runner 2049 was a huge failure. It's a superb movie but it crashed and burned at the box office so it's a failure, as Blade Runner was in its first run. I don't think anyone is questioning the quality of GE. Art direction is top notch.

Reactions: rastuso
I'm sure it will even out by Christmas, it will be a cruel...cruel summer for them though
Well, Christmas has always been peak season for Disneyland. Those are the days when the park hits capacity. I don't know how good a barometer would that be

Going friday with an open mind - very excited but quick question, for the lightsaber reservation, you have to buy the lightsaber correct?

Oof. Honestly it looks like a ton of fun, but i'm going with my mother who's a pretty decent SW fan herself. I wonder if she'll want to do it, but I know she wouldn't wanna pay.

So you can choose to experience Navi's via reservation without buying a lightsaber and just watch it. I hear that if you miss it though, they'll charge you $200.
That's incorrect. You have to pay regardless. You can take someone with you that can watch, but one member of the party must necessarily buy the lightsaber, there is no such "just watching" like with Potter. You reserve and if you miss the reservation you pay $200 dlls. If you show up, you have to pay the $200 dlls. One of you must necessarily pay

So you can choose to experience Navi's via reservation without buying a lightsaber and just watch it. I hear that if you miss it though, they'll charge you $200.
That's incorrect. You have to pay regardless. You can take someone with you that can watch, but one member of the party must necessarily buy the lightsaber, there is no such "just watching" like with Potter. You reserve and if you miss the reservation you pay $200 dlls. If you show up, you have to pay the $200 dlls. One of you must necessarily pay

Oof. Honestly it looks like a ton of fun, but i'm going with my mother who's a pretty decent SW fan herself. I wonder if she'll want to do it, but I know she wouldn't wanna pay.
Unfortunately that's the only way to experience it. Since you customize a lightsaber, you must buy it. It's a downer since you can watch the experience at Universal with the wand choosing ceremony, but at GE you have to pay

Last edited by a moderator:
A quick trip report on my visit yesterday to GE.

I finally got to experience Oga's Cantina, which I didn't get to on my last visit. I love the new online reservation system. You'll need a credit card to reserve and you'll get charged $10/person for no-show. You can check-in 10 minutes before your timeslot where you can join the line outside. Waited about another 15 minutes before we entered.

We were seated in a booth right next to DJ Rex. They really try to cram as many people in as at one point, three groups shared the booth. Waitress came by to take our order and asked for payment upfront. I guess this was a move for faster turnarounds. She later came back with the check then our drinks were served about 10 minutes later.

I ordered the Fuzzy Tauntaun and Jet Juice, while my kids shared a Jabba Juice. All were quite fruity drinks. I'm more of an Old Fashioned, Manhattan, or whiskey on the rocks / whiskey neat if it's aged 12 years or longer kinda guy, but these were still good. Not sure if I was tripping but the "Buzzz" foam on top of the Fuzzy Tauntaun gave my lips a slight tingle. It's like it was made with some Szechuan peppercorn. Jet Juice was good, but more of a shooter. My wife would've enjoyed the Jabba Juice as she's addicted to anything with boba or popping pearls. It's served in a tall, narrow glass with a lot of ice so you're not getting a lot of drink. I feel I can get something better and definitely more of at any local boba/tea house. I feel the alcoholic drinks were a bit weak. I barely got a short buzz after finishing my two drinks within 15 minutes and it wore off rather quick.

One thing I didn't get to do on my last visit was experiencing the land at night. Gives a totally different vibe with the night sky and lighting. If you stay after 9:30 pm, you'll get amazing views of fireworks behind the land.

I didn't get to re-ride Smugglers Run as it was temporarily closed when I was there, but throughout the day, it maintained an average wait time of 60 minutes. I don't think I've ever seen it temporarily close. Wonder what happened that they couldn't have at least one turntable running.

This land has potential to do very well. Once RotR opens with more entertainment and a full-service restaurant, I'm sure we'll see the attendance they were hoping for all along.

A quick trip report on my visit yesterday to GE.

I finally got to experience Oga's Cantina, which I didn't get to on my last visit. I love the new online reservation system. You'll need a credit card to reserve and you'll get charged $10/person for no-show. You can check-in 10 minutes before your timeslot where you can join the line outside. Waited about another 15 minutes before we entered.

We were seated in a booth right next to DJ Rex. They really try to cram as many people in as at one point, three groups shared the booth. Waitress came by to take our order and asked for payment upfront. I guess this was a move for faster turnarounds. She later came back with the check then our drinks were served about 10 minutes later.

I ordered the Fuzzy Tauntaun and Jet Juice, while my kids shared a Jabba Juice. All were quite fruity drinks. I'm more of an Old Fashioned, Manhattan, or whiskey on the rocks / whiskey neat if it's aged 12 years or longer kinda guy, but these were still good. Not sure if I was tripping but the "Buzzz" foam on top of the Fuzzy Tauntaun gave my lips a slight tingle. It's like it was made with some Szechuan peppercorn. Jet Juice was good, but more of a shooter. My wife would've enjoyed the Jabba Juice as she's addicted to anything with boba or popping pearls. It's served in a tall, narrow glass with a lot of ice so you're not getting a lot of drink. I feel I can get something better and definitely more of at any local boba/tea house. I feel the alcoholic drinks were a bit weak. I barely got a short buzz after finishing my two drinks within 15 minutes and it wore off rather quick.

One thing I didn't get to do on my last visit was experiencing the land at night. Gives a totally different vibe with the night sky and lighting. If you stay after 9:30 pm, you'll get amazing views of fireworks behind the land.

I didn't get to re-ride Smugglers Run as it was temporarily closed when I was there, but throughout the day, it maintained an average wait time of 60 minutes. I don't think I've ever seen it temporarily close. Wonder what happened that they couldn't have at least one turntable running.

This land has potential to do very well. Once RotR opens with more entertainment and a full-service restaurant, I'm sure we'll see the attendance they were hoping for all along.

Nothing says immersion like having to share your booth with lots of strangers.

Nothing says immersion like having to share your booth with lots of strangers.

Honestly, I actually didn't mind having to share booths. That didn't detract from my experience. I got to chitchat with other groups and felt it contributed to my experience. The other parties actually interacted with my kids so I felt everyone was there to have a good time, regardless of who was there.

How so? It seems as if entertainment would actually fix some of the land's problems.

From my understanding, it was originally planned that the next big thing (after RotR) to GE was a whole slew of entertainment offerings of various scales. If this restaurant was in fact fast-tracked then the budget was moved and the entertainment offerings will be pushed back yet again.