Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

The first reviews are out on Tripadvisor and Google. I am reading a lot of complaints about the uncomfortable hard beds, blankets which feel like sandpaper, bad towels and very thin walls. Anyone experienced this? I am now having second doubts on our October stay there.

The first reviews are out on Tripadvisor and Google. I am reading a lot of complaints about the uncomfortable hard beds, blankets which feel like sandpaper, bad towels and very thin walls. Anyone experienced this? I am now having second doubts on our October stay there.

The overall score on Google has it as 4.3 out of 50 reviews. The 5 TripAdvisor reviews seems a bit... odd. I wouldn't start having 2nd thoughts yet.

The tripadvisor score is based on 7 reviews and includes a 2 star rating by someone who cancelled before even staying there because the Doubletree was cheaper (why review it then???) and it appears that it’s also been review bombed a few times with a 1 star rating by the same guy, who is unhappy that they practice saving lives on dolls in the pool because it upset his children...

The thin walls isn’t held up by an actual visit by Len Testa who says it has the best sound proofing of any hotel he’s been in. He says the main issues are textiles aka things listed here but can be fixed.

Ok, maybe it's not too bad then. I'll keep an eye on the reviews. I have also reserved Pop Century as a backup but if I stay at Endless Summer it saves me 400 bucks. I am just wondering how bad you need the early morning EMH at Disney to see Star Wars land and ride the Millenium Falcon, but that's another discussion...

Ok, maybe it's not too bad then. I'll keep an eye on the reviews. I have also reserved Pop Century as a backup but if I stay at Endless Summer it saves me 400 bucks. I am just wondering how bad you need the early morning EMH at Disney to see Star Wars land and ride the Millenium Falcon, but that's another discussion...

I'm booked for 10 nights in Sept. Used the $ I saved for a few nights during in a Disney value for the EMH for GE.

Just to go back a few pages, Royal Pacific is now listed in the Premier category with Portofino and Hard Rock. The change was made a little while back due to guest confusion over the express pass amenity and the lack of it at Sapphire.

Some of those Dockside rooms are literally going to have a view of a Red Lobster. They should just absorb it as on-site restaurant. Who's Prime Value now??

Just to go back a few pages, Royal Pacific is now listed in the Premier category with Portofino and Hard Rock. The change was made a little while back due to guest confusion over the express pass amenity and the lack of it at Sapphire.

I see that now! That makes a lot more sense, especially since pricing for Sapphire and Royal were never even close.

Universal Orlando Resort™ | Your Orlando Vacation Destination

The overall score on Google has it as 4.3 out of 50 reviews. The 5 TripAdvisor reviews seems a bit... odd. I wouldn't start having 2nd thoughts yet.
What do you mean odd? do they sound fake or the typical "haven't been there but let me review it anyway"?

What do you mean odd? do they sound fake or the typical "haven't been there but let me review it anyway"?

1 review was a user who ended up canceling because they found a cheaper rate (I think it's been removed since). 2 reviews seem to be the same person, just under different names, claiming racism against Latin people. Another review was someone claiming that another guest made them feel bad about their service dogs.

1 review was a user who ended up canceling because they found a cheaper rate (I think it's been removed since). 2 reviews seem to be the same person, just under different names, claiming racism against Latin people. Another review was someone claiming that another guest made them feel bad about their service dogs.
Ok, I see now haha

Stayed here 2 weeks ago and don’t have one complaint about the place.

The suite was excellent and provided everything we needed. Good A/C level in the room too.

The food was great in the restaurant, although the drinks stations didn’t always work (which is the case at most resorts anyway).

The speed of the bus service to Universal was also excellent, my girlfriend and I never waited more than 2 minutes before a bus arrived.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Surfside.

CBB is still my favourite though:)

The suite was excellent and provided everything we needed. Good A/C level in the room too.

The food was great in the restaurant, although the drinks stations didn’t always work (which is the case at most resorts anyway).

The speed of the bus service to Universal was also excellent, my girlfriend and I never waited more than 2 minutes before a bus arrived.

Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Great review. Even better profile photo.