Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knott’s Scary Farm 2019

Not saying this is the case but sometimes I wonder if people do those things on purpose to get a higher message count.

Another reason why we try to prohibit double-posting. It's not as much as a problem as it was back before social media, or when we had that fun rank system; but there are cases when that happens - but I doubt this is the case here.

I'm new to the forums and didn't realize you could edit. Thanks for the information, I really appreciate it! I was looking through some old videos of Knott's haunts today, and saw there push in the recent years to do mazes that were more character based than ever. This is leading me to think that the demon house will resemble some kind of new character that ties into the mythos of KSF/Ghosttown Alive. Again, thanks for the info, I really don't know how things ran over here.

I'm new to the forums and didn't realize you could edit. Thanks for the information, I really appreciate it! I was looking through some old videos of Knott's haunts today, and saw there push in the recent years to do mazes that were more character based than ever. This is leading me to think that the demon house will resemble some kind of new character that ties into the mythos of KSF/Ghosttown Alive. Again, thanks for the info, I really don't know how things ran over here.

Which mazes are you talking about specifically?

They had a little Q&A today with some info on acting but they did mention what they are doing for MSS.

"The Knott's Scary Panel will be there presenting some of the... some cool ideas of some of our returning mazes".

Which actually sounds like they will announce some stuff at the panel (Unlike a Zone for last year's panel).

They had a little Q&A today with some info on acting but they did mention what they are doing for MSS.

"The Knott's Scary Panel will be there presenting some of the... some cool ideas of some of our returning mazes".

Which actually sounds like they will announce some stuff at the panel (Unlike a Zone for last year's panel).

That is cool. The announcement event they do is really fun, but it would nice to get at least one or two returning maze updates at Midsummer Scream. At this point there will only be a few weeks in between the two events.

Pretty much everything is announced at the passholder event they do in August now. It makes sense for Knott's to do it that way. I think it's kind of cool that they go all out and drop all the info at once.
I love the event, but it seems to happen way too late. I enjoy the way HHN has been doing it recently with announcing the majority of stuff at cons. To each their own, I guess

I love the event, but it seems to happen way too late. I enjoy the way HHN has been doing it recently with announcing the majority of stuff at cons. To each their own, I guess

Yeah, I wouldn't mind if it was a couple weeks sooner to be honest. I guess logistically them doing that event in the theater there has to be after the summer show has ended and before the Scary Farm stuff goes up.

Don't click on the link if you don't want to know the new mazes for 2019... You are welcome! ( in the video he does kind of talk a lot about the backstory of the first maze )

Don't click on the link if you don't want to know the new mazes for 2019... You are welcome! ( in the video he does kind of talk a lot about the backstory of the first maze )

So apparently the new mazes are....

*Dr. Mangler’s Asylum for the Criminally Insane

*Wax Museum

*Devil’s Warehouse

*Paranormal Inc. Lights Out!

Wow. 3 1/2 new mazes. This sounds like a good year. Kinda cool to see them do an old-fashioned asylum House again.

Wax Museum actually is a Maze at Great American Halloween Haunt (Another Cedar Fair haunt) and so last year GAHH took our Tooth Fairy maze concept and had their own take on it. So I wouldn't be surprised if we are taking this concept and doing our take on it.

And it also does fit into the Wilderness Dance Hall Location perfectly.

If the Wax Museum rumor is true, I hope it's not just a transfer of CGA's haunt to here. It's fine for that haunt, but for KSF standards, I find it underwhelming. What I would like to see is the Wax Museum being used as the "hub" for different themes. If there's a Western section, then there's a good two or three rooms devoted to that Western theme. The "Wax Museum" itself would be used to transition between different "exhibits"/themes. They can do better than just a bunch of random displays with scareactors.

If the Wax Museum rumor is true, I hope it's not just a transfer of CGA's haunt to here. It's fine for that haunt, but for KSF standards, I find it underwhelming. What I would like to see is the Wax Museum being used as the "hub" for different themes. If there's a Western section, then there's a good two or three rooms devoted to that Western theme. The "Wax Museum" itself would be used to transition between different "exhibits"/themes. They can do better than just a bunch of random displays with scareactors.

That’s how Great America’s was. Started off in a “wax museum” but progressed into more themed areas like Classic Monsters(unlicensed), Western, and Historical figures and then a finale in the actual Wax making area

That’s how Great America’s was. Started off in a “wax museum” but progressed into more themed areas like Classic Monsters(unlicensed), Western, and Historical figures and then a finale in the actual Wax making area
Yeah I'm pretty excited, I do believe that the Asylum will be going behind mystery Lodge. If you saw the construction update that I shared with you guys, you know that mystery lodges down and special ops is not there, all three of those mazes had a great run, but now it's time for them to go. Also at this time I do have my doubts about paranormal ink becoming the lights out maze but who knows.

I like that idea a lot. Bring on the Chamber of Horrors section! It could be a great companion maze to Dark Ride.