Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

TRON Lightcycle Run

I think it looks very short. Too many block brakes...

It’s definitely a pretty looking ride but I think the coaster itself looks quite dull. It’s essentially the same 2 turns three times in a row once you get into the building. I’d love to be proven wrong once I ride it, but as of right now I’m not too excited for it.

The novelty will be the riding position and the lighting, but like Space Mountain, the gimmick is the theme. If it were a Six Flags coaster with no theme elements no one would bother riding it.

It’s definitely a pretty looking ride but I think the coaster itself looks quite dull. It’s essentially the same 2 turns three times in a row once you get into the building. I’d love to be proven wrong once I ride it, but as of right now I’m not too excited for it.

I'm mostly excited that it's another ride and isn't replacing anything, but I agree from the layout and POVs it looks kinda meh. Still if it can lead to Space getting a proper rebuild I'm all for it

I'm not an intense coaster person and prefer highly themed rides. The Tron POVs have me :drool: I can't wait for this to open
Which is why I think this is going to be a slam dunk for Disney. Most of the people who travel there aren't intense coaster people, so having something like this that has a slight kick to it in a unique riding position will be probably considered one of the best rides in the park from a guest perspective. They touted it as the #1 ride from a Guest Satisfaction POV in SHDL when it was announced at D23.

Which is why I think this is going to be a slam dunk for Disney. Most of the people who travel there aren't intense coaster people, so having something like this that has a slight kick to it in a unique riding position will be probably considered one of the best rides in the park from a guest perspective. They touted it as the #1 ride from a Guest Satisfaction POV in SHDL when it was announced at D23.

I just wonder if they'll have a bigger problem due to the seats than the FOP deal.

I just wonder if they'll have a bigger problem due to the seats than the FOP deal.
I think they’ll actually have less of a problem, since they have the modified (regular) seats on the back row already designed and implemented in Shanghai. All they need to do is figure out how many trains are going to need it and then call it a day.

I mean, certain guests won't be able to fit on the lightcycle-style seating. That's just how it'll be. But there will be a row or two of regular seating at the end of each train.

New piece of concept art...
Tron_Full_35951.jpg

Interesting that they're not even trying to sugarcoat how blatantly obvious the showbuilding will be from certain vantage points.

So you can see the new railroad show scene in that concept art:

New piece of concept art...
Tron_Full_35951.jpg

Interesting that they're not even trying to sugarcoat how blatantly obvious the showbuilding will be from certain vantage points.
Storybook Circus near the train station or on Barnstormer will be the biggest weakness for Tron when it comes to the show building visibility. I actually think you're gonna just blatantly be able to see the whole damn thing for Storybook Circus (with maybe a few planted trees).

So you can see the new railroad show scene in that concept art:

Storybook Circus near the train station or on Barnstormer will be the biggest weakness for Tron when it comes to the show building visibility. I actually think you're gonna just blatantly be able to see the whole damn thing for Storybook Circus (with maybe a few planted trees).
There’s our train “tunnel” from the permits.

From the small width of the tunnel in that concept art, I think we should probably give up hope on that.
I had the same thought about the width being too small for anything but projections and with a train passing through, there's not even a way to make projections possible I don't think.

I can't imagine that's just going to be a dark, unthemed tunnel. I would expect something of visual interest in there, even if it's basic.

Line the walls with fiber optics and pump in the Daft Punk TRON: LEGACY score.

I can't imagine that's just going to be a dark, unthemed tunnel. I would expect something of visual interest in there, even if it's basic.

Line the walls with fiber optics and pump in the Daft Punk TRON: LEGACY score.
That's true, they could put some TRON-esque lighting in there, paint the walls blue and maybe pump daft punk like you said. Not a lot, but better than nothing. And honestly it'll probably be better than what was there before because before it was nothing :lol: